• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Direct next month?

Smash Direct in October or November?

• spooky time (october)

• thank time (november)

Results are only viewable after voting.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
If we get something this month, it would a Robin/Shulk esque single character reveal. I'm feeling the final pre-launch Smash direct around Nov. 8th.
On the other hand, they might want to reveal everything before November 2. That’s the day the Switch with smash comes out, and there’s a good chance people are gonna try to datamine. So they might want to try and beat the leakers to the punch.

MrArska

Smash Cadet
NNID
aapelix
Switch FC
SW 2908 1984 5094
On the other hand, they might want to reveal everything before November 2. That’s the day the Switch with smash comes out, and there’s a good chance people are gonna try to datamine. So they might want to try and beat the leakers to the punch.
What could they datamine? You get a download code for the game, which obviously won't work before december 7th.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm still crossing my fingers maybe next week is a Halloween theme duo reveal of Skull Kid and Medusa maybe if lucky a triple with Nightmare.

Probably not gonna happen though...

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
What could they datamine? You get a download code for the game, which obviously won't work before december 7th.
If the code allows you to preload it at least though. Then yeah there would be datamining. They may even have preload's available for those getting it digital then too.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I am hoping preloads are available it takes forever for my internet to download anything

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
A Smash Direct next month is definitely possible.

However, I do think we will get some sort of reveal this month (either a trailer or a direct).

A direct on the 1st of November would be good.

Smash bundle releases, can market it as “available tomorrow!”.

It’s on a Thursday, so people planning on getting it can set the weekend up to make a purchase.

Pokémon comes out soon.

Smash will release a month after.

1st of the month is also known as pay day as sung by Bone Thugs N Harmony.

Or no direct whatever the game comes out it 7 weeks, which is shorter than the period of when they announced the game to when we finally seen footage.

ubiblu

Smash Rookie
This Thursday will be 6 weeks since the planned air date for the last Direct, and is 7 weeks away from game launch; the perfect middle point.

Sakurai mentioned all characters being revealed prior to release, which suggests a fortnight from the launch at latest.

I expect a Pokemon Let's Go Direct on October 18/25, and a final Smash Direct on November 15/22; first DLC teased on December 6 @ The Game Awards.

If the code allows you to preload it at least though. Then yeah there would be datamining. They may even have preload's available for those getting it digital then too.
A preload will only commence after the final Smash Direct (likely right afterwards). That way all characters and stages will have been revealed and datamining damage would be severely mitigated.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
I'm still crossing my fingers maybe next week is a Halloween theme duo reveal of Skull Kid and Medusa maybe if lucky a triple with Nightmare.

Probably not gonna happen though...
If they wanted to do a Halloween-themed Direct, they would've absolutely saved Simon Belmont for it. Anything they do just won't match the spookiness level found in that trailer.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
If they wanted to do a Halloween-themed Direct, they would've absolutely saved Simon Belmont for it. Anything they do just won't match the spookiness level found in that trailer.
Well they actually leaked Castlevania a bit early on the Smash Ultimate website, so if they didn't reveal Simon in this direct, everyone would still know he's in the game. They could have saved Richter though and got away with it.

If they're going for a Halloween direct, it's understandable why they put Simon in the trailer.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
There has never been a holiday themed reveal for any character in any Smash game ever. It makes no sense that it would happen now. Especially after they already revealed Simon, the perfect Halloween character reveal.

People always assume there is some sort of pattern to character reveals. Some sort of secret plan to all of this. There isn't. It's simply this: Sakurai will reveal what he wants to reveal when he's ready to do so. That's it.

Last edited:

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
#JustGiveUsANewAnnoucementForSmashUltimateSometimeThisMonth (By that, I mean October 2018)!

I'm sick to death of both the info drought and all the stupid, pretentious 4chan fake leaks that spread false hope in the Smash Community that get us all excited for nothing (Especially when talking about the date for the next Smash Bros Ultimate Announcement)!

I don't care if the announcement is a new menu screen for the game! Just show us something new that we haven't already seen in a previous announcement video!

Last edited:

Cithara

Smash Rookie
#JustGiveUsANewAnnoucementForSmashUltimateSometimeThisMonth (By that, I mean October 2018)!

I'm sick to death of both the info drought and all the stupid, pretentious 4chan fake leaks that spread false hope in the Smash Community that get us all excited for nothing (Especially when talking about the date for the next Smash Bros Ultimate Announcement)!

I don't care if the announcement is a new menu screen for the game! Just show us something new that we haven't already seen in a previous announcement video!
exactly what i thought

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
The next direct will probably focus more on the story mode with cinematic trailers that you see in movie previews or 2 minute Youtube ads. They'll probably wrap up the rest of the roster as well.

Please add Bandnana Dee that's all I ask

I hope everyone ends up happy with it no matter what

Top Bottom