• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash DI-ing Fox's U-Air

FakeSnakeJake

Smash Rookie
Currently, I'm working on my defensive play and realized smash DI is something I need to work on, especially on Fox's u-air. I've heard a bunch of different things, especially if he uses U-throw first. What's the proper way to do it?

CrazyFabiO

Smash Rookie
From what i heard you need to DI the throw behind him and SDI in the opposite direction to successfully dodge the 2nd hit.

RAT!

Smash Rookie
This is what I think about when I SDI:

1. Try to DI the up throw, either way works, but yeah behind will make it harder for fox to get good position.
  2. Determining the direction you SDI is purely dependent on where fox's up air hits you, if it hit's one side of your character SDI in the opposite direction. Behind fox is usually preferable I find just because of how the hit boxes are. The scenario of DI behind, SDI in front works well but the positioning won't always be the same, so be aware.
  3. When setting up SDI, hold the c-stick early in the direction you want to SDI to get 1 ASDI, which is very important. Other than that, I think you have to execute a well timed mash of the control stick to get your other SDI on that frame.

I'm pretty sure you have 1-2 frames to SDI the first hit of up air. Good luck :p

Top Bottom