• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Hello everyone. For those of you unfamiliar, or know of it, this is the murder game of Clue.

The rules are simple. Your person, who you may name, is trapped inside a mansion with twelve other people. You cannot escape, for any attempt to do so will result in death. You must murder them to be the last one standing. Only then may you leave. Before and after murders, you may make your person do whatever they want, except kill people. You can only do that when it's murder time. After the intro, you all PM me a murder, which need these three things:

1. Murder Victim (I will allow players to name their charcters.)

2. Murder Weapon (Nothing outrageous like a bazooka, but a handgun, cleaver, rabid dog under a floorboard, anything else like that. Be creative!)

3. Murder Room (There are eight rooms. The first one to post me the correct room is the murderer. However, if nobody gets it, then the person who PM'd me first will get the murder.) Here are the rooms: If you die, you can come back as a ghost, but you cannot interfere with the game. The murdering times will really depend on where the game is. If there are few people left, it will move faster, for the sake of a new game. Pre and Post murders, you may act out your character. Make him sleep, read, cook, drink, peep, whatever.

Ballroom
Library
Kitchen
Foyer
Billiards Room
Dining Hall
Bedroom Hall
Observatory

Also, a random player of my choice will be assigned Mr. Jameson, the infamous owner of the house he most recently trapped you in. Nobody, even that certain player, will know. You are able to enact what your characters do and say. You may form alliances, but for pete's sake, not in the open! So...

LET THE SIGN UPS BEGIN! If you have any questions, feel free to post. thirteen spots.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Alright man...clearly you got this idea from my smash survivor...but thats okay. Anyway, I will join if you clear up my confusion... So I pm you a murder...that makes me the murderer? You make your own character? Mr. jameson? You wont know if you are mr. jameson?

smashbot226

Smash Master
Alright man...clearly you got this idea from my smash survivor...but thats okay. Anyway, I will join if you clear up my confusion... So I pm you a murder...that makes me the murderer? You make your own character? Mr. jameson? You wont know if you are mr. jameson?
1: Maybe, if you enter in the correct room first. Make sure to add a victim and murder method as well.

If nobody gets the room, then the first who PM'd me gets the murder.

2: You get to name him and give him a personality. You can bring stuff, but nothing can break you out. Mr. Jameson only expects to see one leave alive...

3: Mr. Jameson... the infamous owner of the mansion you are invited to.

4: Yes. Not even the character himself will be PM'd of this info. It will be revealed who it is at the end. I'll let you knoq that there will be clues along the way...

And to San, yes. We need thirteen people in order to start the game.

care to join, Mr. Lombardi?

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm just gonna clear the rules up here.

This is like Clue, or Cluedo where I come from. we each move around the house, solving the murder of one player.

you will make one person Mr. Jameson, the master of this mysterious household, and not tell that person if they are Mr. Jameson until the end of the game. the doors will be locked and baracaded in such a way that whatever item you bring with you, it will be hopeless to get out without some form of key or secret passage way.

a player can give a guess by PMing you who the person was murdered by, what was used to kill the poor soul and where they kicked the bucket. this can be in any of the eight rooms with any murder weapon which is not deemed outrageous, yet they can be as creative as they please.

the basis of the game is trust. Players will have to see who they can trust and why. they may form a secret alliance to stay alive. any of the players can be a murderer, and at specific points in the game, another player will bite the dust. I'm guessing that to win game, you will either have to find the murderer, or the murderer wins by killing off the rest of the players.

not to sound picky, but this sounds alot like Eorlingas' The Thing game. either way, I'm not gonna join this game just yet. I want to see how things develop, and may claim a spot later on. but may I make a suggestion? wouldn't it be wise to tell the player who Mr. Jameson is, but not the other players? other wise, it'll get a little confusing.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
By the way...take it from me, you need to be active twice a day when running these things...and dont progress too fast, take your time and let the players adjust....yes, if you A. use diablos's suggestion about mr.jameson and B. take it slow, then yes, I'm in. I'll pm my character to you or post it here?

Cool...I'm the most experienced SWF member here..so far...

smashbot226

Smash Master
Diablos: That's the board game. This is the forum game. If it was played like Clue board game, it'd get confusing. Therefore, I made another version of Clue. hope this is enough.

But I'll tell who Mr. J is. And the only way to leave is to kill off the rest and one will remain by the end... or if Mr. J makes a dramatic end.

Lombardi: Yes, you basically post your char name and before each murder, it's like an RPG, but a lot smaller. You'll be able to act out what your char does. he can cook, play pool, sleep, read, anything. And I'll gladly take it slow, but as it heats up, I may need to speed things up for intensity's sake.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Ok, I'm being annoying now, but: So...I pm you murder, and when the game begins, we get clues from you to help us solve it? And you can make actions in the game like "Shoot Diablos with a pistol"? How do you obtain the pistol? Can I pm you so I can descretely shoot diablos with it? Just answer these...and I wont ask more...but I hope you get enough people...

Anyways, my character is:

Name: Sammuel Marco Jr.
Nickname: Sammy
Skills and Advantages: Fast runner, good debater, intelligence.
Disadvantages: Pretty weak, short tempered.
Look: Medium hight, white skin color, brown hair, bright green eyes.

I probably gave more info than neccessary, that was right off the top of my head...but....there he is.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Hmm... here is an example of a possible murder PM:

Name: Mr. L (smashbot226)

Room: Ballroom

Method: Decapitated head as a chair leg.

be creative with your murders. And you PM the murders when the game starts. You'll know when I post the intro.

1: You will get clues as to who Mr. Jameson is in the same post as the murders. Of course, it won't be EVERY time...

2: No, thats a murder. You can interact with your environment, but the only way to truly kill somebody off is to murder them. If you get into a fight, they can fight back.

3: Who cares where you got it from? I've PM'd for someone to have his heart contained in a jar full of ants, drilled to death, even chainsawed! make sure your murders aren't too over the top. No bazookas or anything like that.

4: Yes, as the murder weapon. But make sure, or hope, you either PM me first, in case nobody gets the room, or you pm the room I'm thinking of, in which case, it's all yours.

Make sure you stay active. And Diablos, you might as well get a spot, cuz it may take a while for this to end.

1.San
2.Sammuel Marco Jr.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Eherm, no, not if your opponents respond. I've had cases of bringing Pokemon, but...

Actually, no weapons. Just Pokemon. You don't need them, but they can't escape. Otherwise, they might fall prey to the nefarious traps Mr. J has in store for you...

You also can't use them in murders. I simply won't allow that. You can construct items like drills, barriers, and body armor, but I WILL find ways to overcome these creations.

smashbot226

Smash Master
It isn't a "detecitve" game, alright? And if they were real, wouldn't detectives have some?

Fine, since you INSIST on coming clean, no pre-trap items. You may use any regular items to various uses in the households, like billiard sticks for blocking doors, kitchen sets for food, etc.

Of course, none of this will be able to save you...

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I migth join but I have no idea what the games rules are about. If you update with directions that make more sense i might join. And, put it all in the first post cause rigth now it's shotgunned all over.

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
stfu Jan......
Was that directed at me? If so, it was a joke. ¬¬
If you were also playing, I apologize.

Yeah, this thing doen't seem to be under such great management...
I have to agree; the instructions aren't very clear. When thirteen people sign up you definitely need to elaborate.

Lombardi: You seem to be knocking quite a few forum games lately. ;)

smashbot226

Smash Master
First off, what part of this is observable within the forum, and what part is done via PM? A murderer anyone may be, but Mr. J set a bunch of traps?

I meant that Mr. J set traps for anybody who tries to escape. No way out. Last man standing. And I also meant that you got to play a micro RPG before and after murders, posting how your characters feel and what they do.

The ONLY thing that requires PM'ing is murders, and I hope you already know how to do that.

Besides that, what else do you want to know?

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
OK.

How often are murders, and when do we PM you?
What do we do in between murders?
Do you have to be in the room specified in the PM to commit the crime in that room?
Are murder weapons collected from the house/mansion?
If not, where and when do we get them?
How will we figure out who the murderer is? Through their actions in this topic?
Are we allowed to converse privately (PM, IM)?
Do you have to monitor a victim to kill them in the room they are in?

That's pretty much all that's on my mind right now.

smashbot226

Smash Master
OK.

How often are murders, and when do we PM you?
What do we do in between murders?
Do you have to be in the room specified in the PM to commit the crime in that room?
Are murder weapons collected from the house/mansion?
If not, where and when do we get them?
How will we figure out who the murderer is? Through their actions in this topic?
Are we allowed to converse privately (PM, IM)?
Do you have to monitor a victim to kill them in the room they are in?

That's pretty much all that's on my mind right now.
1. It depends on how many people are left. THe first usually is in about a day. I will update as to how many need to send in murders, not who. When? Anytime. At least when you're alive of course...

2. Role play. Eat. Sleep. Read. Battle. Play pool. Cook. Dance. whatever you want. Just don't try to escape or Mr. J will kill you easy quick.

3. Yes. It HAS to be the right room. First one to PM it wins. If nobody gets it, then the first to PM me would kill.

4. Yes, as long as it isn't too extreme.

6. Like I said... hinty hinty. In other words, yes. Mostly in the same scenes in the murder. Look carefully. Don't worry though. Mr J. isn't the ONLY one wo can bite... Also, you'll find out at the end who it is. Of course, that doesn't somebody HAS to be Mr. J...

7. Yes you are. This is commonly used for making alliances.

8. No. They can be anywhere and you can be anywhere. Your murder, my rules.

I hope that answered all your questions.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Why the hell would you want to do activities in the game? They take no skill and are not fun or beneficial...noone is joining, I'll give it 4 days. By the way, snashbot made the same thing when he was a n00b...it got closed, it just had a different name...

Eagle

Smash Lord
I'll join.

'Cause I dislike Mr.Lombardi.

Why?

It's just all the posts I've seen him say currently are something about resembling his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom