• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Chracters VS the Video Game Wrold Round 1 - Mario VS Spyro

Mario VS Spyro

• Mario

Votes: 33 76.7%
  • Spyro

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok so this is a little poll battle I'm starting this is going to be Smash characters, this includes all cut characters and any new comer that is revealed, VS the rest of the video game world. Basically I will be putting smash characters against other video game characters not in smash and you will decided who is stronger.

Example of how this this works;

Smash character X

Picture, info, and link(s) of the character

Video game character Y

Picture, info, and link(s)
----------------------------------------
Smash Character X has 10
Video game character Y has 5 votes
Smash character X advances to the next round and will keep on going until it gets knocked out
Same goes vice versa for the Video game character.
____________________________________________________________________________________

So let's begin;

Mario;

It the block hitting Goomba stomping plumber. Mario! His jump is legendary, so much so that it awed a group of tad poles, and trust me that is hard to do. He wields a mighty hammer that crushes his foes. He's got access to a big stash of power-ups ranging from fire, to ice, to boomerang, to animals, to clouds, to rocks, iot's almost limitless! But not only that he defeats a giant mother ******* turtle with spikes erry day all day.

For more precise information go to the following links;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario#Abilities
http://www.mariowiki.com/mario#Powers_and_abilities
http://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_power-ups

Spyro

It's the purple fire breathing kung-fu fighting purple dragon. This little bad *** can even fly. This purple dragon has defeated numerous foes not twice his size but thrice his size. He can breath more then fire, in fact he can breathe ice, lighting, earth, and even time. He can headbutt opponents to death with thos sexy horns. For more info on Spyro visit the following links;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyro_the_Dragon_(character)#Abilities
http://spyro.wikia.com/wiki/Purple_Dragons
http://spyro.wikia.com/wiki/Spyro_(The_Legend_of_Spyro)#Abilities
http://spyro.wikia.com/wiki/Spyro_(Skylanders)#Abilities

Please disregard any and all immortality and invincible powers/abilities any characters may have, so as to make it more fair and not have a single character dominating everything else.

So who will win? The legendary plumber? Or the legendary purple dragon? Well let's find out! Any and all discussions discussing the characters and which one is stronger is welcomed, just keep it moderately civil please (little bit of chaos is fine)!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Ooh that is a hard one I love both. I might have to give it to Mario though. The Cape and power-up really gives him an edge.

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
This would be one heated battle, but in the end I guess Mario would take the trophy home.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Mario has 5 votes so far compared to Spyro's 0. I wonder just how much of that is biasness. :smirk:

Yes I posted this just for a early bump. :bee:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Believe it or not, I chose Spyro.

(gasping crowd)

Mario's got a ton of power-ups, that's for sure. Mario has power-ups that allow him to turn into different forms, and can control fire and ice, can throw hammers and boomerangs among many others things. Spyro has access to fire, ice, earth and electric power. Spyro can breath big fireballs and streams of fire, while Mario can just throw relatively small fireballs. Mario can throw balls of ice that can freeze his enemies, Spyro can breath charged, explosive ice bals than can also create platforms of ice in the water, and can even use his tail to freeze his enemies. In addition, he can conjure a magic, wrecking ball that he can swing around, shoot fast, very powerful orbs of electricity, and even spin around with a small electric tornado forming around him, flinging his enemies into the air if they come into contact with him. Both are also very skilled in direct, physical combat.

I like both characters, and although Mario is more famous and I prefer him, I feel Spyro would win the a fight with the plumber based on his powerful elemental abilties.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Currently 6-1

Looks like Mario is still winning. C'mon people. Vote moar and post moar. Or this will happen;

Oh and burp, I mean bump~

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I choose Spyro mostly because he has a special place in my heart. Spyro was one of the first games I have ever played. I love Mario but my vote goes to Spyro

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
Im going Spyro. He's got the aerial advantage (assuming Mario can only use one power up at a time?) and those horns...it'd be close...but I think Spyro would come out on top.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I like both to be honest. But I've always had a soft spot for Nintendo. And Super Mario is just way too iconic to lose here.

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
By the way mimgrim, this is a great little game you got going on. I hope you keep doing more of these!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Oh I do plan on doing more, but not until this poll closes.

In hindsight a week may have been to long for this to stay open. I'll probably make it shorter next round.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
In a simple mans' view, Mario's Mega Mushroom and Invincibility Star make him practically invulnerable.
...Of course, in this scenario, the Invincibility Star is banned, which leaves us with the Mega Mushroom. If Mario can get the upper ground on Spryo, the MM should prove useful for crushing Ridley Jr. into mush.
This brings up Spyro's natural ability to fly, which is MUCH more viable than any flying power up that Mario possesses. Spyro definitely has the mobility advantage.
Now, here's the bottom line;
Mario is a physical juggernaut, and could most likely punch holes in Spyro if given the chance.
Keyword: If.
Spyro has the clear mobility advantage, and could quite easily stay airborne and spam his different powers.
Problem, however; Mario has so many damn power ups that its completely plausible that none of Spyro's attacks will do much of anything.
When projectiles fail, Spyro will have to go in and get dirty, but thats exactly what Mario needs. One punch from the arms that chuck castles will quickly end Ridley Jr., and so...

I give my vote to Mario, on the terms that Mario can counter Spyro's powers, and, while not as mobile as Spyro, could and most likely would get a chance to throw a winning punch.
Granted, Spyro isn't going down without a hell of a fight.
Now please for the love of everything holy, dont do Link Vs Cloud.

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
Spyro gets my vote. The combination of flight, ridiculous elemental prowess, and the sheer injuring power of horns or claws. Mario has very little going for him IMO.

Morbi

Scavenger
In a simple mans' view, Mario's Mega Mushroom and Invincibility Star make him practically invulnerable.
...Of course, in this scenario, the Invincibility Star is banned, which leaves us with the Mega Mushroom. If Mario can get the upper ground on Spryo, the MM should prove useful for crushing Ridley Jr. into mush.
This brings up Spyro's natural ability to fly, which is MUCH more viable than any flying power up that Mario possesses. Spyro definitely has the mobility advantage.
Now, here's the bottom line;
Mario is a physical juggernaut, and could most likely punch holes in Spyro if given the chance.
Keyword: If.
Spyro has the clear mobility advantage, and could quite easily stay airborne and spam his different powers.
Problem, however; Mario has so many damn power ups that its completely plausible that none of Spyro's attacks will do much of anything.
When projectiles fail, Spyro will have to go in and get dirty, but thats exactly what Mario needs. One punch from the arms that chuck castles will quickly end Ridley Jr., and so...

I give my vote to Mario, on the terms that Mario can counter Spyro's powers, and, while not as mobile as Spyro, could and most likely would get a chance to throw a winning punch.
Granted, Spyro isn't going down without a hell of a fight.
I don't like to complicate things, my vote was based on no items, a random encounter. However, I need to ask, what is this about Mario punching holes through people and throwing castles?! I have not been committed to the Mario series, I just remember him jumping to kill everything unless he got a power up.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I don't like to complicate things, my vote was based on no items, a random encounter. However, I need to ask, what is this about Mario punching holes through people and throwing castles?! I have not been committed to the Mario series, I just remember him jumping to kill everything unless he got a power up.
Mario has thrown castles casually in Super Mario World, I believe.
Even if I'm mistaken, there have been multiple other instances that demonstrate Mario's herculean strength.

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
I still stand by my original pick of spyro. However I was just curious...are we assuming mario can only use one power up at a time like in most games? Or can he use multiple? For example can he be metal mario while also able to use the fire flower power up?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I still stand by my original pick of spyro. However I was just curious...are we assuming mario can only use one power up at a time like in most games? Or can he use multiple? For example can he be metal mario while also able to use the fire flower power up?
I'd assume multiple, since the 'one power up at a time' thing is obviously game mechanics.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

You should have taken power-ups into account as that is a big part of the match-up and is even listed in the links I gave, however ignore any and all immortal and invincibility powers or abilities that any character may have (like Power Star for Mario, or even the Giant Mushroom as that even makes him invincible), so as to keep it fair. Mario is also a monster with a hammer lol.

I was thinking more of Link VS Kyrie (post death) myself. I planned on saving cloud for Ike. ^^

Multiple~

Morbi

Scavenger
You should have taken power-ups into account as that is a big part of the match-up and is even listed in the links I gave, however ignore any and all immortal and invincibility powers or abilities that any character may have (like Power Star for Mario, or even the Giant Mushroom as that even makes him invincible), so as to keep it fair. Mario is also a monster with a hammer lol.

I was thinking more of Link VS Kyrie (post death) myself. I planned on saving cloud for Ike. ^^
I don't necessarily think he would have multiple items in a random encounter to be honest. I am an advocate of fair fights, so I prefer to just vote based on their inherent abilities, techniques, weapons, end game abilities, etc.

If items are allowed, multiple items at that, why on earth would Spyro even have a chance? That seems counter intuitive.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
No offense, but thats even worse. Ike has very little canon feats to go offf of. As far as we've seen, he's maybe peak human with a nice sword... and thats it.
Cloud, on the other hand, has bat**** crazy strength and speed, both alone could take on half the Smash Bros cast combined. Not to mention his equally broken materia, summons, and limit breaks....
A million Ike's would still get slaughtered by Cloud.
I'd reccomend Ike Vs. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia) as they have more similarities as well as MUCH more even power levels.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't necessarily think he would have multiple items in a random encounter to be honest. I am an advocate of fair fights, so I prefer to just vote based on their inherent abilities, techniques, weapons, end game abilities, etc.

If items are allowed, multiple items at that, why on earth would Spyro even have a chance? That seems counter intuitive.

Mario's power ups are a big part of his abilities however. Besides when looking on the grander scale of things, look at the skylanders Spyro link, Mario actually needs the power-ups to make it a fair fight. Even with the power ups it is a completely fair fight, at least I think so, if I didn't think it was I would have created a different fight.

No offense, but thats even worse. Ike has very little canon feats to go offf of. As far as we've seen, he's maybe peak human with a nice sword... and thats it.
Cloud, on the other hand, has bat**** crazy strength and speed, both alone could take on half the Smash Bros cast combined. Not to mention his equally broken materia, summons, and limit breaks....
A million Ike's would still get slaughtered by Cloud.

I'd reccomend Ike Vs. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia) as they have more similarities as well as MUCH more even power levels.

Eh I planned on doing the research once I got to their, I don't keep up with FF, but would have done the research before I made it and would have probably came to the same conclusion when I got to that point. It was just a thought I was toying around with.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Eh I planned on doing the research once I got to their, I don't keep up with FF, but would have done the research before I made it and would have probably came to the same conclusion when I got to that point. It was just a thought I was toying around with.
Fair enough.
That said, I'd like to also aware you of Samus Vs. Master Chief. Read this thoroughly (and pay attention to the Samus advocators) and all will be made clear;
http://www.factpile.com/136-master-chief-vs-samus/
Alternatively, just ask and I'll give you multiple quotes from official Death Battle researchers as to how badly Samus stomps.
^.^

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Fair enough.
That said, I'd like to also aware you of Samus Vs. Master Chief. Read this thoroughly (and pay attention to the Samus advocators) and all will be made clear;
http://www.factpile.com/136-master-chief-vs-samus/
Alternatively, just ask and I'll give you multiple quotes from official Death Battle researchers as to how badly Samus stomps.
^.^

Didn't notice the edit till now.

Anyways MC VS Samus never crossed my mind. Snake VS MC did cross my mind however. But that is probably still a way from happening. Mario gots to get taken out first lol.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The Starman or White Tanooki suit alone is enough to give Mario the W

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Try reading the whole OP next time please. :p
Sorry, that wasn't there Sunday when the thread was initially made.
Because I did mention mario's whole power-up arsenal right after the OP
I didn't know the rules was still being ironed out. my bad.

But even without those uber power-ups. Mario still has a whole arsenal of other power-ups that he could use accordingly.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Based on the info I got from the posts, I'd say mario wins this round.

And if kirby is ever brought up, kirby wins; being able to copy any power or ability with or without swallowing (if he eats you its insta-death) and being able to summon past abilities/powers, and is a near indestructible alien? Kirby is too OP, Kirby pwns all.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Sorry, that wasn't there Sunday when the thread was initially made.
Because I did mention mario's whole power-up arsenal right after the OP
I didn't know the rules was still being ironed out. my bad.

But even without those uber power-ups. Mario still has a whole arsenal of other power-ups that he could use accordingly.

I'm pretty sure that was in there the first time I posted it. :ohwell: It was a rule I totally planned on having from the beginning. Idk what happened if it wasn't in there the first time you read it.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm pretty sure that was in there the first time I posted it. :ohwell: It was a rule I totally planned on having from the beginning. Idk what happened if it wasn't in there the first time you read it.
I mentioned Mario's using all of his power-ups right under the OP.
Maybe you took it as "all power-up excluding the uber ones", which is why you didn't address it the first time i posted it
but this is good to know now moving on in the future.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Regarding Kirby...http://www.screwattack.com/news/death-analysis-pink-abyss-horrific-might
Thats an analysis that LousyTactician (an official Death Battle researcher) and I created. I urge everyone to thoroughly read it. If you thought you knew Kirby, think again.
It's later where I live so I didn't bother reading all of that. I most just skipped to the end to see if there was a shortened version. I want to keep battles to video game characters and not include character that debuted in an anime so that takes out Majin Bu or w/e he was called. And Mega Man is now a Smash character. It's gonna be tough finding a even battle for him, I might have to end up placing nerfs on him when it gets to there. I'll figure it out when I get to that point.

Morbi

Scavenger
Based on the info I got from the posts, I'd say mario wins this round.

And if kirby is ever brought up, kirby wins; being able to copy any power or ability with or without swallowing (if he eats you its insta-death) and being able to summon past abilities/powers, and is a near indestructible alien? Kirby is too OP, Kirby pwns all.
Jigglypuff would just sing him to sleep and proceed to dismember him.

It's later where I live so I didn't bother reading all of that. I most just skipped to the end to see if there was a shortened version. I want to keep battles to video game characters and not include character that debuted in an anime so that takes out Majin Bu or w/e he was called. And Mega Man is now a Smash character. It's gonna be tough finding a even battle for him, I might have to end up placing nerfs on him when it gets to there. I'll figure it out when I get to that point.
You don't know Majin Buu?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Jigglypuff would just sing him to sleep and proceed to dismember him.
Hmm I don't think they would fight, I would think they'd fall in love with each other or something. they have so much in common, they are both pink, they are both puff balls, they both love to sing and the singing from both can be destructive. :p

And the worst jiggly could do to kirby while he's asleep is to doodle on him. XD

Morbi

Scavenger
Hmm I don't think they would fight, I would think they'd fall in love with each other or something. they have so much in common, they are both pink, they are both puff balls, they both love to sing and the singing from both can be destructive. :p

And the worst jiggly could do to kirby while he's asleep is to doodle on him. XD
That is true, they should elope when their time to fight arrives. They were made for each other.

Maybe she would doodle on him... using acid ink?

Top Bottom