• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers Series ESRB Ratings

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'm thinking about holding a tournament series at a nearby Church (large, free venue).

The only problem is that melee/P:M may not be allowed due to the T for Teen rating, whereas Smash 4 is rated E. What is the difference in the ratings? Is there something different in the games that gives them this rating?

Techno Hunter

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking about holding a tournament series at a nearby Church (large, free venue).

The only problem is that melee/P:M may not be allowed due to the T for Teen rating, whereas Smash 4 is rated E. What is the difference in the ratings? Is there something different in the games that gives them this rating?
T rating: for people with at least 13 years of age
Smash 4 is not rated E, it's rated E10+, standing for Everyone Ten and on...( i think)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Still, I dont see enough of a difference for them to be rated like that. T is a bit much for zero cussing, blood, and just comic violence.

Lord Xanthan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Master_Xanthan
Yeah I don't really see why Melee is rated T and Smash 4 is rated E. My only guess is that back then when Melee came out, the ESRB was insanely strict. Perhaps the ESRB loosened up a bit when Smash 4 came out.

FruitNukes

Smash Rookie
I'd have to agree with Xanthan, Sm4sh is just about the same as always regarding content, it just seems like the ESRB was much more strict back when Melee came out (which seems right, IIRC)

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
When Melee came out in 2001, there was no such thing as E10+. That was created in 2005.
If it means anything, Super Smash Bros. (you know, the first one) is rated E.

Top Bottom