• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brothers Pixelart

Neoriceisgood

Smash Cadet
Hey Smashboards,

To celebrate each & every character reveal for SSB4 I've taken to sprite pretty much every character that shows up on the main website.

This includes:
1. playable characters.
2. characters that can be summoned/popped into the game by playable characters
3. assist trophy characters that aren't the size of a moon.

I might do others, but these are the ones I plan to do for sure.

Here's the cast so far, I plan to update with each new reveal (and usually get the sprites done within a day:)

I hope you guys enjoy my sprite work, I might post some non smash-related art as well if any of you are curious.

Pooketard

Smash Rookie
Hey Smashboards,

To celebrate each & every character reveal for SSB4 I've taken to sprite pretty much every character that shows up on the main website.

I hope you guys enjoy my sprite work, I might post some non smash-related art as well if any of you are curious.
Omfg I love these they're so cute. Can't wait to see your take on Zelda!~

Pooketard

Smash Rookie

Ask and ye shall recieve.
It's perfect and I love the details. Zelda is by far my favorite out of the group but that Bowser is amazing too. Looks like an official sprite by Nintendo. It's awesome how you do more than just the main fighters! I'll keep checking back with each character~~

Neoriceisgood

Smash Cadet
Are you going to do Ashley? Also you might need to draw Palutena. http://imgur.com/a/Berq5#LDAhQvM
8D
I did Ashley when she was revealed, just hadn't posted her yet!

As for Palutena, though I believe the leak to be true I only sprite the characters as they get officially revealed/announced on the website. So once Palutena shows up there, expect her done within a day.

These are amazing, yo. Bowser looks nice and boxy, Female WFT looks slick, Luigi looks suspicious, Samus' visor glare is sweet, and I'm loving Rosalina+Luma!
Aw thank you for the nice comments! Always fun to get more individualized reactions on the seperate characters. ^^

Neoriceisgood

Smash Cadet
These are really super awesome! How do you do this? Photoshop?
I do the actual sprites in MS Paint. Transparency etc is done in photoshop, yeah.

Waluigi was confirmed as an assist trophy. If you're still doing those. I really am a fan of these. Like with each new update I come here too.

yup I did make him, sometimes I forget to post my sprites to smashboards immediately ^^;

Pooketard

Smash Rookie
I do the actual sprites in MS Paint. Transparency etc is done in photoshop, yeah.

yup I did make him, sometimes I forget to post my sprites to smashboards immediately ^^;
Oh dang that's so nice. I should probably check your website instead of the forums. :laugh:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Heyyyy, you're on BitForums aren't you! :D

Anyway this is some seriously nice stuff. Though how you make it in MS Paint (or, part of it), I don't know. XD

Neoriceisgood

Smash Cadet
Heyyyy, you're on BitForums aren't you! :D

Anyway this is some seriously nice stuff. Though how you make it in MS Paint (or, part of it), I don't know. XD
Hahah yeah I post there from time to time. The only forum I actively post at outside of the art boards is probably neogaf though.

As for the how:
My step by step animations show perfectly how I place my pixels :p I just use the 1x1 pixel tool in paint. Not much else to it!

Also cause we didn't get a new smash bros assist or char last week, here's some non smash art:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Hahah yeah I post there from time to time. The only forum I actively post at outside of the art boards is probably neogaf though.

As for the how:
My step by step animations show perfectly how I place my pixels :p I just use the 1x1 pixel tool in paint. Not much else to it!

Also cause we didn't get a new smash bros assist or char last week, here's some non smash art:

Nice! I don't really have the patience for pixel art, heh heh. But hey, you should make sprites for Nitrome or something (if you don't already), these are all great.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
lemme know when you make the zss one :3 youre in the skype chat right?

also these are looking sick teach me your ways

Top Bottom