• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Universe: When Darkness Reign

aznhomieboi1689

Smash Cadet

Smash Bros Universe
*Possible Spoilers for Game (Brawl)* (I will edit out spoilers parts)

This is a fictional story created by me. I know it may not be very good, but I have to get used to it, expect better plot/story in later chapters? I hope everyone likes it, this is my first fan fiction in a long time. I used to write Nintendo DS: Secret (or something along those lines) in the old Nsider (I received good feedback there). I will be posting the story and replying to it here.

Okay, here we go!

UPDATED: Feb. 9, 2008
-Chpt 1 revised, some errors
-Chpt 2 ADDED!

[Chapter 1]

The Stadium

Crowds roar. The Smash Stadium was known for its galactic battle, a battle where all characters from different galaxies appear to challenge. The stadium is where the fighters test their skills, learn new techniques, and meet new friends and foes. There are rules to this competition: no killing, no taunting, and no bullying. Fighters are given fair chances in this tournament, no one cheats, no one.

A young lad with brown hair, blue eyes appears from the skies, it was Pit. Though rather young, Pit was never a coward, he always faced his fears and saved his people in this world before. Whew, I made it, he thought, I wonder how many fighters are joining today? As Pit walks through corridor in the stadium, he saw a girl. Rather pretty with golden brown hair and beautifully designed outfit. Wow, there’s girls in this tournament, Pit thought to himself, maybe I’ll be able to make new friends too!
The girl noticed someone was lurking by, and decided to greet him.

“Well, hello, nice to meet you,” the girl greeted, “my name is Zelda, what’s yours?”

“U-oh, my name is Pit, ma’am, I’m glad to meet you,” he shyly answered.

“Ha ha, no need to be so proper, I’m not that old y’know?” she laughed.

“Oh! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it like that, apologies,” he replied, “I should watch my mouth.”

“There you go again!” Zelda said, “Okay, okay, I accept your apologies.”

As Pit have made good acquaintances with Zelda, an announcement to begin preliminary rounds began: “All participants must report to the Convention Room right this moment, please, we will begin selecting fighting partners”. Pit made his way to the Convention Room, while Zelda returned to her room, apparently, she’s not fighting.

Pit finally found and entered the Convention Room, where he saw many unfamiliar fighters from different galaxies. It was incredible to think they were all transported here within a day, since it was organized by the most powerful fighter of all. He made his way through the groups of people and sat down apart from others. Then a short turtle with a hat and cane walked onto the podium and spoke:

“Welcome! Welcome! As you all know, this tournament is held by the most powerful fighter in the universe! Now, we will start by introducing this tournament. This tournament will test your skills in endurance, speed, and strength. You will have to fight against one another, this will test your abilities to endure the damage, dodge the attacks, and damage your opponent. Of course, the tournament shall begin the day after tomorrow, but let’s start with the selections shall we?”

The crowd was getting restless, it seems forever that the turtle, whom later was revealed to be “Tortimer”, went on of all the list of fighters, except one last pair. “Okay, this is the last pairing of fighters! It seems that Pit and…Ike will be fighting! Please come to the box and pick your number for line-up!” Tortimer hollered.

Oh gosh, I wonder who’s Ike? I hope he’s not too strong and big for me, I’m just a kid. Hopefully, I’ll get an easy one first, Pit hoped. But his hopes soon fall when he saw Ike, a strong built swordsman with dark blue hair who seems to be very confident.

“Well, looks like we will be joining in a battle, good luck,” he said holding out his hand.

“Huh? Oh! Yes, yes, let the battle be a good one, thanks!” Pit nervously replied.

The stadium is full with many dedicated fans, up to thousands. The tournament is to begin the next day, but who will win? What will happen? No one can tell what will or won’t because this is a place where all the different worlds collide.

*********************************​
[Chapter 2]

The day before the tournament

Wow, this place is like heaven, Pit thought laying down on his bed, I am so excited for this tournament…maybe I should go meet some of the participants.

Pit walked out of his resting room, where contestants rest, to go see what is going on today. Through the hallways of the Stadium, Pit saw many people pass by, most of which were non-contestants. Hmmm, I wonder if they have something to eat, I’m starved, Pit thought, not being able to eat for the past two hours really did it to him. He continued walking until he stumbled upon a restaurant called “Nook’s Bar”. Nook’s Bar? I wonder what’s good here?.

“Hello, welcome to Nook’s Bar, where you can find food, drinks, and other goods to fulfill your hunger! How can I help you?” a dark furry raccoon asked him, “I’m Tom Nook, the owner of this establishment, welcome!”

“Oh, yes…what do you have that is good for lunch?” Pit asked.

“Oh, I believe a mushroom veggie sandwich will do you good! Would you like one?” Nook asked, “it’s only 500 bells”.

“500 bells?! I don’t know your currency, I only have Rupees,” Pit replied, shocked, “do you take rupees?”

“Of course, 500 bells is equivalent to 150 rupees!” Tom Nook informed.

After meeting a nice raccoon, Pit went to see what was going on in the park. It seems that there are some of the contestants training there.

“Squirtle! Use ‘Water-Gun’!” one of the contestants, who wore very unique clothing, yelled, “now use withdraw!”

The boy seemed to be commanding his companion to attack this yellow electric mouse. Wow, I didn’t know they allowed partners for fighting, isn’t that a little unfair for that mouse to be fighting two against one? Pit thought, he doesn’t know what they are exactly. The yellow mouse sparked out electrical attacks, while the blue turtle spat out water, like some kind of a water hose. The boy commanding his companion seems to notice an audience, and turned around, “Excuse me? Who are you?”

“Oh, my name is Pit, nice to meet you,” Pit bowed, “and you are?”

“My name’s Red, it’s nice to meet you Pit,” Red replied, “so what do you think of my Squirtle?”

“ ‘Squirtle’? Is that its name?” Pit asked, “how come your turtle is able to use strong attacks like that?”

“Turtle? No, he’s not a turtle, he’s a Pokemon!” Red exclaimed, “you don’t know what Pokemon are do you?”

“No, I have never seen one before,” Pit answered, confused, “why does it keep saying its name?”

“Well, that’s how they communicate, it varies with different Pokemon, for instance, that electric mouse is called Pikachu,” Red explained, “Pikachu is very independent and strong. He’s been a good competitor to train with, y’know?”

“Oh, I see, I guess I have to get used to this, since there are many people from different parts of the universe, here it’s quite intriguing,” Pit laughed.

“Yep, it seems there are a bunch of people I don’t know either,” Red replied, “well, do you want to join us in training?”

“I don’t think he will be interested in fighting with the likes of you cowards,” a mysterious voice came from behind, “using your monsters to fight? How pathetic and weak, why don’t you just get out of this competition now?”

“What’s it to you how I fight, Metaknight? If you dislike us so much, why don’t you just leave us alone?” Red calmly answered.

“Because, I’m the one who has to fight you clowns in the preliminary rounds, and I think it’s wise to keep an eye on my competitors, in case they get too strong, I’ll need to seek a new technique to defeat them, but it seems I’ve got nothing to worry about, seeing how you can’t even fight for yourself,” Metaknight glared, “see you around.” With one movement, Metaknight disappeared.

“Man, what’s his problem? Ever since I got here and we were claimed the first to fight each other, he’s been up in my face,” Red complained, “I did nothing to him, and here he is, being a jerk.”

“Don’t listen to him, it’s probably just that he’s jealous you’ve got a companion,” Pit cheered him up, “besides, I think you guys make a great team, and it’s you who gives them suggestions in fighting too.”

“Thanks, well I’m going to get some sleep, I’ll see you later Pit,” Red said as he was leaving with Pikachu and his partners.

There is some mean fighters here aren’t there? I hope I don’t get stuck between anything, it could get ugly. Pit thought, heading in the other direction.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *​

Oh, Mario I hope you will be alright, fighting and all, hopefully you boys are going to take it easy in this competition, a young beautiful blonde thought, sitting down looking out the window. She sat there near the window looking out and wondering and hoping her Mario is okay. She will be watching him tomorrow, but always worry about his safety, since he have saved her so many times from their enemy, Bowser. Hopefully, though, that this competition will bring them all together as friends.

“What’s the matter Peach? You seem down,” asked another beautiful slender-looking woman, slightly older than Peach, “you’ll get wrinkles if you keep frowning like this all the time, this is supposed to be a relaxing time.”

“I know, Samus, but I have this feeling’s like something bad is going to happen, I just can’t help but worry,” Peach answered, “I don’t know what I’d do if Mario or
Luigi
was hurt, they were always there for me”.

“What’s going to happen? Don’t worry! Mario and Bowser are out right now probably getting along and having fun! And
Luigi
is relaxing somewhere, which is what we’re going to do,” Samus excitingly replied, “I have had so many tough missions, this is my time to relax and have fun, not be saddened like you are, c’mon. We’re going to go to the spa!”

“Are you sure? I mean, I don’t know if-” Peach said.

“Stop worrying, and let’s go!” Samus interrupted, pulling Peach out of the door.

Meanwhile, Mario and Bowser seemed to be “getting along”.

“Hahaha,” Bowser laughed while running away from Mario, “come and get it boys!”

“Mama-Mia! Give my hat back!” Mario angrily shouted, “Bowser you jerk-a, give it back!”

It seems that Bowser, once again, is picking on Mario. Bowser seems to be joking around, Mario, on the other hand, seemed to be seriously angry about his hat being taken away. Maybe this was a way Bowser wanted to play a prank against Mario?

“Hmph, look at those two, always goofing around,” a cool-looking fox said, “how childish.”

“But they seemed to be having fun, Fox, what’s wrong with that?” a short young ape, who wore a red hat, asked, “I mean maybe we should join them?”

“Are you kidding me? I would rather be defeated than play around like a little kid like that,” Fox snorted, “anyway why don’t you go to your friend, Diddy? Where is the other ape anyway?”

“Donkey Kong’s not here, he’s running a very important errand right now,” Diddy Kong claimed.

“Hmph, I can never understand you apes,” Fox said looking away.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *​
“Is the preparations ready?” a dark voice blatantly asked.

“Y-yes, sire, it’s almost ready,” the servant answered.

“Good, it is almost time, to make them all parish,” dark master claimed, “I will not fail this time, now go fetch me all the villains!

“Yes, sire, I shall recruit them immediately,” the servant obeyed.

“And so the games begin,” dark master evilly laughed.

What darkness lies ahead for the galactic fighters? The dark master surely have something up his sleeves and who does he mean by the “villains”? Only time will tell, and the time is almost now.

TO BE CONTINUED?

FutureBrawlOwner1413

Smash Apprentice
Pretty good, but the spoiler tags are pretty obveous. Mario and
Lugi
, whos behind the spoiler text no one will ever know.

Top Bottom