• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Tourney Series! Granite Run Mall Media PA Gamestop! FREE BRAWL TO WINNER!

BigManFanelli

Smash Rookie
Hello all. This is the first time I've ever ran a tournament, let alone an entire series such as this. Here is the information:

Granite Run Mall
1067 W. Baltimore Pike
Media, Pennsylvania 19063
Top Floor, Boscov's Side
Mall Website: http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=110

RULES:
-4 separate Super Smash Bros tournaments, two Nintendo 64, two Gamecube
-Five stock, no items, random stage, all stages included

Entry Fee: Pre-order a copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Nintendo Wii

Top 4 from each tournament move on to a Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament at midnight December 3rd.
-Midnight Tournament will use Gamecube Controllers

PRIZES:
Qualifying Tournaments*:
1st: $15 gift card and berth in midnight tournament
2nd: $10 gift card and berth in midnight tournament
3rd: $5 gift card and berth in midnight tournament
4th: Berth in midnight tournament

*Players can participate in multiple qualifying tournaments until actually qualifying. After that, they are no longer allowed to play until the midnight tournament. 16 different players at midnight is desired.

Midnight Release Tournament:
1st: Free Copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Pre-Order Deposit Returned)
2nd: $25 gift card

SCHEDULE (All Qualifying Tournament Times 2PM):
September 29: Nintendo 64 Tournament #1
October 20: Gamecube Tournament #1
November 10: Nintendo 64 Tournament #2
November 24: Gamecube Tournament #2
December 3: Midnight Release Tournament

The series is ONLY happening through this store, this is not a company-wide event.

One can preorder anytime, as long as we have you in our system on the day of the qualifier, we'll look you up, verify it, and you're in.

Come and play! There may be a free copy of Brawl in it for you...

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Put the location and date in your thread title so people can know to look at this thread, please.

BigManFanelli

Smash Rookie
Yea, that's about right...but if you don't win you still have your $5 towards the game, unlike other contests where you lose the money you enter with if you don't place. The $5 you pay to preorder still goes toward the game as normal.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
If you want anyone from here to come you are going to have to conform to standard stage rules. We don't want to have to play competitively on crap like Brinstar Depths.

BigManFanelli

Smash Rookie
Fine, then don't come. If the inclusion of every stage in Melee keeps you from competing for a free copy of Brawl, then that's a bit short-sighted, don't you think?

Furthermore, why should I, the tournament organizer, "conform" to anything? The whole point of including every stage is to level the playing field. That way, competitive players like those here on SmashBoards won't be such shoo-ins. This is a tournament held through my Gamestop, advertised in-store for all the customers to see, so I want everyone to have a fair chance of winning the free game, from the best competitive player to the 12-year-old with his or her mom. I gave the hardcore tourney-goers a no items rule, but that's as far as I'm willing to go.

Finally, if you're confident in your skills, why should stages matter? Aren't you good enough to beat anyone anywhere?

This is not a normal, run-of-the-mill tourament with extensive rules, so don't think of it as one. This is a chance to have fun while competing at the same time. Sure, there are prizes at stake, but if you think about it, you're not really paying anything you wouldn't have paid anyway, since the entry fee is a pre-order. You were going to buy the game anyway, right? So why not pre-order it at my store and have a chance for that pre-order to be free?

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Guys, he doesn't have to use MLG Rules if he doesn't want to. No one will be shoo'd because of waveshine. Everything is welcome here. That's what they're saying.

Top Bottom