• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Tournament Stories!

aOA

Smash Rookie
. So I started attending local tourneys a couple months ago. So far I don't have a winning record, but I'm specifically proud of a certain tourney where I took first in doubles, singles and in crew. The story starts with me waking up in a housed venue. My girlfriend was the only one that I brought with me, and we competed in doubles and a crew battle together. We hardly practiced doubles before this, so we were hesitant to enter the pools in the first place. The tournament was called "TGIF Smash" and there were actually some okay players there. Before we ate, we all played R.P.S to decide the bracket before pools. We started singles at 12:00pm.

Match 1: Me (Young Link) vs. 2gud (Peach)

I was extremely scared about the match-up, but I didn't want to waste my marth on 2gud, because he wasn't really considered a "top player" I ended up 3 stocking him twice. He ended up forfeiting because of his inability to counter my godly projectile game.

Game 2: My gf, iCarly (Samus) vs. 64chan (Pikachu)

This match was pretty intense, at first 64 ***** her, 4 stocked. We were all surprised at his Arial game and p-shield timing. She ended up getting 3 stocked in the last match. Thus, I was scared of 64chan and I stalked him most of the bracket.

Game 3: Me (Marth) vs. Ynot? (Falco)

Ynot was actually 2gud's partner, so I was not afraid of him at all. The first match was close, as I forgot to DI because I was too busy blocking his wicked mind games. I ended up losing the second match, and then winning the final match in a surprising 3 stock.

Match 4: Me (Marth, Young Link) vs. Spy (Mewtwo)

***** him, nuff said.

(Skipping some more games)

Me and my girlfriend actually ended up in semifinals together. I wasn't shocked, we were almost clearly the favorites to fight in this spot.

Semifinals: Me (Marth) vs iCarly ( Samus, Shiek)

In the first match, she chose shiek as a counter to my amazing marth, she had a little rage fit in between matches, because her c-stick broke on her in between stocks, and I disagreed to restart the match, because of tourney rules. I ended up beating her samus in a 2-stock, but she self destructed once, so I guess it wasn't complete destruction. Anyway, I andvanced to singles championship.

Grand Finals: Me (Marth, Young Link) vs. Notch ( Kirby, Peach)

I was nervous before this match, because his peach had been extremely dominant throughout his entire bracket, and his turnip game was stupidly good. I could tell that he wasn't even breaking a sweat as I entered the first match against his Kirby. I was using my young link to counter the dominant float game of his Kirby. I was using the up-b way too much, which caused me to not be able to perform bomb-jumps. My young link got creamed, constantly being heckled by spectators and brawl players. I was a nervous wreck, and I would wipe the sweat off of my palms in between every stock. He ended up 2 stocking me. I decided to go crazy agro in the next set, and I 3 stocked his peach. After that's I had to fight a vengeful peach with my agro marth. I ended up gimping his last stock at only 47% with a crazy Ken combo.

In the Nashville vs. Knoxville crew battle, Nashville won to nobody's surprise.

Me and iCarly sweeped through the doubles bracket.

Okay, your turn! Share those stories!

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
My friend trianed for a tournament then lost to a guy who just spammed smash attacks with fox. It kinda made him mad. My other friends thought it was hilarious though, but I don't think that counts for anything

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
I live in southern California, and in a few days I'm going to a tournament in San Gabriel, but if you can still find some tournaments that J can go to that would be awesome! :)

(One of the reasons why it is so hard for me to get to tournaments is because I mostly play Pm, and me and my friends mostly play Pm, I'm like the only one that really plays melee.:( )

Last edited:

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
My friend trianed for a tournament then lost to a guy who just spammed smash attacks with fox. It kinda made him mad. My other friends thought it was hilarious though, but I don't think that counts for anything
lol , idk what it is but at my first tournament i fell for a random forward smashing person (Marth) like EVERY SINGLE time. He literally forward smashed ANY time I was close to him, and I did all of the tech stuffI knew. Idk why i fell for it so much, i guess because I didn't expect it and was sort of playing on autopilot.
I Was paired with people from my crew and knocked out by them in tourney though, so i didn't feel that pain he did.

aOA

Smash Rookie
lol , idk what it is but at my first tournament i fell for a random forward smashing person (Marth) like EVERY SINGLE time. He literally forward smashed ANY time I was close to him, and I did all of the tech stuffI knew. Idk why i fell for it so much, i guess because I didn't expect it and was sort of playing on autopilot.
I Was paired with people from my crew and knocked out by them in tourney though, so i didn't feel that pain he did.
I would be your favorite marth ever because I hardly ever use forward smash. I mostly use shield break as a finisher if you're at a desirable percentage.

Top Bottom