• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash bros main?

extremecoopster

Smash Cadet
NNID
kittykat2
As a note, a short explanation of why he/she is your favorite is preferred but not necesarry.
For instance.

My favorite character is Olimar because of his amazing recovery, long ranged grabs, smashes, and unpredictability!

PHDPlayZ

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuckOnMyPHD
I love my boy Captain Falcon because of his speed and strength :4falcon:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Shulk, because the Monado allows him to change his stats on the fly, and has ridiculous attack range.

Also, Xenoblade Chronicles is the best game ever.

D

Deleted member 269706

Ike, because he fights for his friends! We all need an Ike in our lives.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
Gonna do the entire main/secondary crew
:4dedede:Damage is beautiful, has nice combos, and gordo feels great.
:4gaw:Disjointed hitboxes and 9s for days.
:4dk:Played him ever since 64, and still feels good.
:4rob:Has a good long range game and yet also does fine close up.
:4olimar:Camping is unmatched and has many options using different pikmin types.
:4wario2:Like him as a character and his moves are pretty fun.

Raijinken

Smash Master
64: Cfalc because I like F-Zero.
Melee through Project M: Marth because Fire Emblem is my favorite franchise.
Smash4: Robin, because Fire Emblem is my favorite franchise.

Even

Smash Rookie
NNID
iGrapefruit
I main Shulk because of how much I loved him as a character in Xenoblade and because his playstyle just suits me really well. Lately I've been playing a ton more Palutena than Shulk, and I'll admit the results aren't as good but I'm having a sooo much fun with her, and that's what counts!

I wouldn't wanna main Ike though. I really want sympathy

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Shulk, love Xenoblade, I really wanted him to be in this game and I play as him so much now that I'm used to his move set.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
:4ness:My top main since Smash 64, I originally picked him up because of how unique he was among the small cast.
EarthBound: I only first played the game years after maining Ness, some time before Smash 4 came out. I absolutely loved the game and ended up enjoying Ness even more because of it.
:4gaw:The only newcomer in Melee that got me super hype, and still one of my favorites to this day. Always super fun to play as.
Game & Watch: The reason I was hyped for his inclusion was because I played the Game & Watch Gallery games when I was younger. Being a video game history enthusiast, I also really enjoy retro styles, I hope to one day own a Game & Watch.
:4olimar:I actually picked up Olimar pretty late into Brawl, but I ended up really enjoying his moveset. Probably my best character.
Pikmin 3: I still need to play the first two, but I absolutely adored the third one. Olimar is still way better than Alph.
:4duckhunt:I ended up enjoying this trio for their playstyle, and fourth wall breakage. And slight resemblance to Banjo and Kazooie.
Duck Hunt: I did play Duck Hunt when I was younger, but it's not a game I particularly enjoy, for various reasons. All moveset.
:4kirby:How could I not? Kirby's cute, Kirby's awesome, Sakurai made him! I've been playing him alongside Ness since 64.
Kirby: I've played a good bit of Kirby games, most recently Triple Deluxe. All so simple but oh so fun.
:4pacman:My most hyped Smash 4 newcomer. No really. He's also insanely fun to play as, so I was completely satisfied.
PAC-MAN: My first game ever was Pac-Man. It holds a place in my heart, and it's a legend.
Crying to the night...

I hadn't played the MGS franchise when I picked up Snake, but I did know about it. A lot about it, I've been really into the lore even before Brawl, I did borrow MGS4 from a friend, but I never got far. His moveset is also my favorite of any character and he was my best in Brawl, only matched by Olimar. The only thing I regret is not being able to play as him in Smash 4...
Ground Zeroes: My first MGS, which I absolutely loved. I have to play the rest of the franchise one day, and I eagerly await The Phantom Pain. Even if Snake never comes back. Sakurai please, I need Snake back.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
I'm almost certain this thread has been made, but I don't want to be a negative nancy so..

:4yoshi: Yoshi Yoshi! Yoshi! Yoshi!

:mewtwopm:Muahahhaha.. *MewTwo gen 1 cry sound*

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Little Mac.

I probably have played more Mike Tyson's Punch out than any NES game ever because I find the horrible racism hilarious and am a giant jerk for that. And the fact that I loved that game and Super Punch out led me to get Punch Out Wii day one... And I loved that too.

Then I started playing him in 3DS... and realized if someone fights by the edge I was pretty boned and dropped him like a bad habit to stick with my prior smash mains of Mario and Fox. Realized Fox was kind of nerfed in this game and upped my old secondary of Link to a main status cause he was quite buffed. This worked for a while, started training Duck Hunt and Lemmy Koopa to get better with some new characters and they were fun. Got more skill in the game. Now Wii U was out for like a week or two. I went on For Glory 1 on 1s and played Little Mac because as I said, I f'n adore Punch Out. He was easily my most wanted newcomer (for Brawl or Melee to be honest, so I finally got him). And I wanted him to be my main, but I figured once I get my ass kicked, I'd go to the characters I know how to be more of a threat.

And it felt like a clicked, it was like playing Punch Out when it came to just punishing your opponent for overextending themselves on an attack. And it even got to a point where if they tried to play on the edge, that could be as dangerous for them as it was for me because I could hit them hard and off the edge.

If I did this by game

64: Fox
Melee: Falco
Brawl: Olimar
4: Little Mac

Crow262

Smash Rookie
Falco all the way. despite being one of the lightest characters, all of his moves chain beautifully and i can rack serious damage fast on anyone. He spikes in 2 different ways and has great range on his F-smash and has almost no recovery time on all smashes but his Usmash. short hop f-air can chain all the way across a stage and have someone lose their momentum, setting up an easy meteor on your d-air. top tier or not in the new titles i find Falco to be lethal in most aspects. good tilts/smashes and amazing aerials.
2nd is certainly my boy sonic
3rd would be the main man Ganon, the punisher
4th- Ike
and 5th- Pika. all amazing characters. I wanna hear what others have to say!

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Shulk because of his unique mechanic, hard to master due to memorizing which Monado Art is best suited for the occasion in 48 different MUs (51 if you include Miis, and that's not even going into customs), and for having my favorite playstyle.

I'm no good at speed yet heavy characters are way too slow and big for me to use, however I like ranged characters very well. I like to zone my opponent and optimize myself for the perfect opportunity, which I can very well handle with Shulk. That and I tend to favor characters with disjointed hitboxes since I like to keep myself safe when attacking.

Other characters I tend to play as have a similar playstyle such as Robin's projectiles and (awesome) Levin Sword aerials and Marth's more agile swordplay in comparison to Shulk.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
:rosalina:: I like Rosalina's combat versatility, especially with the Luma by her side. She can either be offensive or defensive in combat.

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
Little Mac is my favorite main. Short answer: I love Punchout!

This title made me think about who I would consider my overall main in the series. For that, I would have to say it's probably Game and Watch. Even though he is never my official main, I can usually pick him up with general ease and perform decently well enough in every version of the game.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
My main is not necessarily my favorite character. My favorite characters themselves are Link, Zelda, and Bowser Jr. as I love the games they are in (although I haven't played too many). I have never played an Animal Crossing game yet Villager is my main because I just love his moveset. The pocket, the tree, the rocket...ugh it's all just so good.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Dr. Mario:4drmario:

Dr. Tornado, stronger smash attacks, his own theme, 2 awesome taunts (1. The pill throw 2. Hits himself on the shoulder with fist.) and better combos (in my opinion).

Top Bottom