• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Magic the Gathering Set

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
So lately in my free time I've been working on a Smash-themed MTG block.

A few things:
1) Not all cards shown are final, and neither are the designs of each card.
2) The set is meant to be drafted, not used for constructed play.

Basically, in the first set, the only one with a decent amount of cards so far, there is a cycle of mythic rare legendary creatures that represent the top tier. Not all of them are spoiled, but they include Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, CapFal and Peach. For Puff I am still deciding if we should include it as a mythic or make it a bad common as a joke. Each set in the block has or will have one reprint from a real MTG set (see if you can spot some of them!). the first set is 2 color, the second is 3. For the 3rd, I'm not decided yet. A few pro players will be made planeswalkers (so far in my plans are Ken, M2K, Mang0, Armada, PPMD, Leffen and HBox). Each of those will have a 0 ability which turns them into a creature (their main) until end of turn. Players with multiple mains may have two 0 abilities like this. A main theme in the set (though not an actual keyword) is creatures being dealt damage that turn, so a lot of creatures have ping abilities. The only payoff card shown so far is Half Moon, but there will be more.

Here are the links to my spoilers (not all cards made have been posted)
Set 1: Golden Age (Represents Smash 64 and Melee during Ken and Later M2K's reign)
Set 2: Dark Depths (Represents Melee following the release of Brawl/Mang0's reign with Puff and Brawl itself)
Set 3: 20XX (Represents the releases of Project M and Smash 4, and some other stuff that didn't fit in with the first two)

If you have any ideas, suggestions or comments, feel free to post here! I hope all of you Smash/Magic players will give it a chance with some friends when it is finished!

Top Bottom