• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. For Wii U Release Date Announced!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
THE HYPE! IT'S FLIPPING REAL NOW! Now, just need those few more dollars to buy a Wii U...

Elegant

Smash Apprentice
Let's be real.

This game is gonna sell the Wii U for them.

Feel the hype.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What justice is this where we actually get the game before Japan? HYES!

:4falcon: :4falcon: :4falcon:

xcel108

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4098-4880-2303
i like the 3DS version alot but i really shoulda got a wii-u. the gamecube controller will feel so good to use n playing smash with those wii-u graphics will look amazing :love:

XKan

Smash Apprentice
The likely reason for Japan getting it last is due to the handheld preferred culture over the more western console preference.

Though, people often ignore the things the US does get first and complain about what it doesn't get. I wish they would follow the Pokemon Company's worldwide release example, especially for such a big multi-player game.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Got to use a gamecube controller with smash 4 Wii U a few days ago. When i say its great, i mean its FREAKING GREAT! :surprised:
SMASH 4 HYPE!
But honestly i REALLY don't understand the whole different release dates business :ohwell:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
And ORAS gets released the same day...
Welp, time to sell everything in my house except for the game consoles and the TV

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Not gonna lie, when I saw this thread I immediately went to the site, and when I saw the release date posted up, I almost back flipped out of my seat.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Let me just say what Sakurai should have done: There are well-known leaks about the release date. I'm sure that Sakurai has heard of them, whether from finding them himself or being told by an employee. To "disconfirm" true leaks and "get rid of" true side leaks (e.g. tower of smash), they should slightly move the release date. Maybe release it on the 27th, maybe the 18th.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Let me just say what Sakurai should have done: There are well-known leaks about the release date. I'm sure that Sakurai has heard of them, whether from finding them himself or being told by an employee. To "disconfirm" true leaks and "get rid of" true side leaks (e.g. tower of smash), they should slightly move the release date. Maybe release it on the 27th, maybe the 18th.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
That'd be a bad move though, as this releases on Black Friday, most likely to increase sales.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
If anyone is wondering why it's being released in the US first, it's probably because November 21st is right in the middle of the biggest shopping week in the US, which occurs every year in the week surrounding Thanksgiving. Maybe NoA determined it would be the most commercially advantageous timing, whereas in Japan and elsewhere the timing is different.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
North America is getting it first?

Gee, I wonder why...

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
If anyone is wondering why it's being released in the US first, it's probably because November 21st is right in the middle of the biggest shopping week in the US, which occurs every year in the week surrounding Thanksgiving. Maybe NoA determined it would be the most commercially advantageous timing, whereas in Japan and elsewhere the timing is different.
...Holy Crap! :eek:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Set it on my phone calender. :p I cannot wait! I am not able to drop 200 bucks on a 3DS with Smash so I've been still waiting to play. Now only 4 days remain until I can. :D

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
And you're incredibly selfish, self-righteous and arrogant. And in the same threads, you're trying your hardest to tooting your horn until the universe goes deaf over your baseless assumptions upon others. But I'm going to one-up you by ignoring you. We're seriously done here. Otherwise, I'm reporting you for being off-topic and harassment.

Aside from that, it could've been a little sooner or later, but I guess the 21st will have to do.
He was talking about how ungrateful you were acting.
I mean, the game is coming out, and your whining about the release date?

The game isn't even out yet, and you guys are complaining. groans~

Also, reporting someone over someone else opinion, is just dumb.
Oh, your going to report me over my opinion now, I can see you already clicking on it. :troll:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Somebody call the fat lady and tell her to sing cuz the wait will be over in a month! xD

beestmode

Smash Cadet
OMG! HELLS YEAH!!! I'm so excited! Can't wait to play! Already have eveything pre-ordered and ready to go!!!

Flamix

Smash Rookie
The only good thing about living in 'Murica, early releases of games.
I'd rather wait 2 extra weeks and stay in Europe. But still doesn't make sense that big games aren't released at the same time worldwide.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Well the leak was right after.
I talking about Best Buy leak ok. I does the exact day from America.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
He was talking about how ungrateful you were acting.
I mean, the game is coming out, and your whining about the release date?

The game isn't even out yet, and you guys are complaining. groans~

Also, reporting someone over someone else opinion, is just dumb.
Oh, your going to report me over my opinion now, I can see you already clicking on it. :troll:
Nah, ignoring sounds better. Besides, I'm not whining about anything. I'm just saying it's a disappointing but acceptable release date.

2/10 btw

Last edited:
Top Bottom