• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. For Wii U Bricking Consoles With Error?

gamestationpro

Smash Cadet
NNID
gamestationpro
3DS FC
1993-8204-9756
does anyone know if the error code is connected to the wii u firmware update 5.3.1 u?

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I posted this in the other thread but I'll post it here. Nintendo is aware of the issue and is investigating.

Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 1.41.54 AM.png

UNCjer

Smash Rookie
This happened to me. I called support and they told me to reformat which bricked my Wii. It was less than a month old so I returned it and bought a new one on black Friday. lol

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
This happened to me. I called support and they told me to reformat which bricked my Wii. It was less than a month old so I returned it and bought a new one on black Friday. lol
Glad to see you survived the catastrophe that is the Black Friday... -salutes-

ishmokin

Smash Rookie
I haven't come across the error. Been playing hundreds of games in for glory. everything is working fine. Those incidents are not caused by Smash , those are hardware issues. Too much misinformation out there thanks to the game sites without bothering to verify or investigating further.

ishmokin

Smash Rookie
Neither did I. Must be a problem with the latest update.

Also, where's female Robin in the OP's picture?
My system is fully updated and no issues for me. This was blown way out of proportion. The game sites just love being controversial and hastily spread misinformation. That's very irritating for nintendo for sure.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
My system is fully updated and no issues for me. This was blown way out of proportion. The game sites just love being controversial and hastily spread misinformation. That's very irritating for nintendo for sure.
I meant to say the update might cause certain Wii U systems to get errors.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
With this scenario, would it be now a good idea that I ended up not asking for a Wii U and Smash?

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Nintendo is like "yay we're making money this holiday season woo!" Then they're like "OMG we just lost a quarter of our bonus checks guise!"

ishmokin

Smash Rookie
So much ignorance going around the internet,people being so paranoid. It reminds me of the time when people thought a virus on a floppy disk would infect other floppy disks when placed together physically. Fools.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
At least they're aware. I would assume Nintendo would release a statement about a patch or fix for the people that have received this error.

Gummyfang

Smash Rookie
Blown out of porpotion..this reminds me of something..

thekimdom

Smash Rookie
Ebola much? how many confirmed cases out of a half a million, for one game?? I can't think of any data structure that has ever been completely foolproof. I guess they should put batteries in the unit itself so no one can ever power it off accidentally or intentionally while it's trying to write to system memory. Or have stricter enforcement of the types of memory it will attempt to write to. I got this once with Mario Kart, on a jump drive. I was none too surprised tho.

Last edited:

SonicTeam765

Banned via Administration
NNID
SonicTeam765
Happened to me and now it start working for some reason.

Smash4BrosFan8

Smash Rookie
Well, apperantly, since the newest wii u update is released, some users said its fixed. And if it isn't fixed by your wii u well, then you are screwed.

ProfessorTakehiko

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0240-2597
How would you know, Alpaca? It's not just the glitch even happening that I'm worried about, it's also the wiping out of all of the data on the Wii U. And it's not just with smash either, it's also happened with Hyrule Warriors. Ipso Ergo it is not safe.
The Wii U is always glitchy these days. Even Disney Infinity 2.0 had a audio bug with some of the characters, lol. x3

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
How would you know, Alpaca? It's not just the glitch even happening that I'm worried about, it's also the wiping out of all of the data on the Wii U. And it's not just with smash either, it's also happened with Hyrule Warriors. Ipso Ergo it is not safe.
That error has been with th Wii u since launch. You only get bricked if you try to reformat it, THEN it ****s up. So what I'm saying is. If you get the error, Dont try to delete your save file, don't try to move it, and don't reformat.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
That error has been with th Wii u since launch. You only get bricked if you try to reformat it, THEN it ****s up
Alpaca, I appreciate what you're trying to do for me here, but I'm just trying to be absolutely sure I don't see the glitch happen at all.

Besides, if it keeps kicking you out of playing the game, why wait so long until the bug fix? It's not like it's gonna stop bugging automatically.

Top Bottom