• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros for Autistic?

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
My twin brother and I have been diagnosed with ADHD-iT which is constantly confused with autism because some of the symptoms look very similar, but are obviously very different from the inside concept. Some of my friends mostly call me autistic just to bother me around when they get to see me lack concentration or unable to play and keep a conversation going with them at the same time. But lately the whole autism topic has been very associated with Smash Bros.

At first, I considered that people were just being jerks and assuming that by somehow "autistic" can be used to insult people for their love for Smash Bros considering the colors, the deep statistics and metagame you have to learn to be a good player. But this shouldn't even be taken in consideration since each game has it's own metagame and if this were the case, why not Marvel vs Capcom or Street Fighter? Yet I keep finding threads like:

Smash Fans are so Autistic.
Why do autistic like Smash Bros so much?
Can't believe they put Sonic just to please autistic kids.
Stupid Autistic and their f*cking Smash.
Smash is the fighting game for autistic people!
Ridleyf*gs are so autistic.

But the scenario takes a deeper insight as I keep investigating:
In many Autism pages forums, people with autism do prefer Nintendo games over PlayStation and XBox games. That seems logical, since the colors, the interactive gameplay, a mostly nonvocal communication as well as some other details come to fit well with autistic preferences. I even remember reading in an autism forum that Smash Bros was their number 1 game when voting for favorite video game. But everybody loves Smash Bros, right?

The youtube recommended me this video:
Satoshi Tajiri (creator of Pokémon) has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, but in 2013 DMS-V noted that Asperger's Syndrome doesn't really exist and it's more of a Low Functioning Autism, than a separate disorder itself. So in few words, the creator of Pokémon is autistic. Now, I'm sure I'm not the first to imply that Masahiro Sakurai has some autistic traits. In his Nintendo Direct in April, Sakurai revealed a bit about his personality and I gotta say, his monotone speech doesn't help discard this theory. Also his facial expression seems forced and faked.
So I'll go to the point. I can't really find any evidence in the game that would fit with autism as to categorize it's players as autistic people. But being in this forum, the biggest Smash Bros. community I know of, why not ask you guys. Do any of you have autism? Have you any social problems (would be weird being a multiplayer game)? Are you what people would consider a game freak? Comic book collector, maybe? Do you guys have a deep love for science, math, numbers or unusual collections? I have a blog and I'm really interested in digging deeper to this ivestigation. Also, if you guys would be willing to do this AQ Test (determines if you have autism or not) and post me the results, that would help a lot. If you guys would prefer to post me the results through PM, that'd be OK. And please, OPINIONS!
http://archive.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
This is a question I'd like answered too. My younger cousin is autistic, and my Aunt is thinking about getting Smash Bros 4 Wii U for him.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
But we have to consider that it could be just because it's a really good game. I mean it's the fastest selling game of all time. If 90% of the autistic community buys it, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's for autistic if also 90% of the alistic community bought it as well.
Note: An alistic person is somebody without autism. Something you guys wouldn't know of Hahaha JK

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
In the case of thread titles, it's just one of those politically incorrect insults. I wouldn't think too much on those.

As for Sakurai, maybe he's just stressed since, you know, he's been working on the game non stop, driving himself beyond physical and mental limits, amongst all the whiners online? Sure, he may be obsessive (but even that's kinda forgivable since Smash is pretty much his baby), but autistic? A diagnosis based on monotone speech and poker face?

K.

Anyway, I highly doubt high-profile games like Smash or Pokemon are made with autistic people in mind, and I also doubt that there's any meaningful correlation between said games and the percentage of the playerbase that is autistic. That being said, I'm not sure if your investigation will lead to any meaningful conclusions.

However, it is kinda cool that you're appealing to this side of the playerbase, and I look forward to reading the responses.

Cha Cha San

Smash Cadet
Autistic is just one of those insults people use regardless of whether it makes sense or not. I even use it sometimes when talking with friends and I have aspergers.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
This thread is absolutely lovely so far and I would love to post something in it soon but really shouldn't seeing as how I'm procrastinating for finals. As for the page title parts, those people are just being trolly, or trying to get a laugh even though they're generally unfunny.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
Autistic is just one of those insults people use regardless of whether it makes sense or not. I even use it sometimes when talking with friends and I have aspergers.
Same here, I have Aspergers as well yet autistic is just one of those joke insults. I'm certainly not offended.

That being said, Nintendo does have a very large autistic following. That doesn't mean it doesn't sell outside of autists but made for them? No. They're attracted like flies because its a giant cross over game featuring all their favorite characters and franchises all In one game.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
Maybe I should change the title, it's causing some confusion. I know those guys are trolling and I'm pretty sure that Nintendo doesn't make the games specially for autistic people (sales would go to the bottom). But I am implying that if Sakurai does have autism and uses these ideas, then it should attract an autistic community. I kind of wonder if that ever happened with Pokémon and the metagame Satoshi created.

I can't say Sakurai would have high functioning autism, but I do suspect he has Asperger's Syndrome. Now in 2013, Asperger's Syndrome was discarded from the DMS- V as it's more of a low functioning autism rather than a separate disorder. You guys having Asperger's Syndrome fit well to the topic. I don't intend to tell that Smash Bros. player have high functioning autism. It's more of trying to see if people who love the game have autistic traits (low functioning) or a broader phenotype autism.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I'll admit to finding some credence with the theory, whether the game was created with that sort of rationale in mind. Everything does seem to fit, though I can't say that I know Mr Sakurai enough to say he has any kind of mental disorder.

In that same sense, I wouldn't say that Smash is exclusively for Autistic people, and the generalisation is more than likely due to how quick and chaotic the average game of Smash can be. I'm not autistic, probably the only mental disorder I have would be Dyspraxia and even that's a very low aspect of it, but I enjoy Smash Bros all the same.

As a run down on what Dyspraxia is, it is effectively clumsiness. I have some trouble concentrating, despite my username on youtube or twitter (ArticulateT) I'm not well spoken and have to start my sentences over, and my handwriting has ceased to improve since I was able to write to begin with. It's only a very mild case, as the various ed-psyche tests found. For a more detailed look on it, here's a link: http://www.dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk/about-dyspraxia/

The message in the theory video is very nice, though, the fact that Smash not only represents the imagination of an Autistic Child, and the context within Subspace Emissary and Classic Mode are their way of accepting themselves and fighting back against that which aims to harm them; while not necessarily the written mechanics of the game, it certainly fits in on a fan theory level.

Whether Smash is suitable for Autistic children is a bit up in the air, and I don't think I know enough about it to make a definitive answer, but from what I've seen thus far, I would say the game is perfectly suitable for, well, anyone.

D

Deleted member 269706

People have been using the term "autistic" to describe multiple things for a long time. Honestly, I haven't seen a lot of talk about Smash bros and a correlation with autism until I saw this thread (though that's not to say that people aren't referring to it as autistic or whatever). Thing is, even if the autistic audience is attracted to Smash, that isn't gonna make me like the game any less, and that doesn't make it any less of a game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
my nerdiness and my autism are not related

as it happens i never have any bother with playing mulitplayer games most likely due to having been doing it all my life

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
oh, that's something...I think I can write a VERY long post on it, but now, I don't have the time.

I'll reply and read the OP after, but it seems I can give a good reply. I'm ADHD with hyperactivity and ssbm is the game that is the whole reasons I'm here and basically, love video games in the first place.

Never though I'll see a thread based on that though, but just wait for my further reply :)

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
I suffer with particularly strong ADHD as well as dysgraphia.

What a load of ********. No one designs a game with a disability or behavioural difficulty in mind.

Semopo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0688-6533-6002
I suffer with particularly strong ADHD as well as dysgraphia.

What a load of ********. No one designs a game with a disability or behavioural difficulty in mind.
And you know that for a fact

My 2 cents for this topic; Nintendo games are usually easy to pick up and easy to understand. Games like Arma 3 or say, dunno, Gta, fifa, drive club (...) aren't like that.
I sometimes had disabled (is this the correct term? Thin ice here, sorry.) kids at my age in my room, and we just played Nintendo because Playstation just wasn't appealing

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
And you know that for a fact

My 2 cents for this topic; Nintendo games are usually easy to pick up and easy to understand. Games like Arma 3 or say, dunno, Gta, fifa, drive club (...) aren't like that.
I sometimes had disabled (is this the correct term? Thin ice here, sorry.) kids at my age in my room, and we just played Nintendo because Playstation just wasn't appealing
I don't, I'm just opinionated to hell. Not even going to try and pretend otherwise.

CrazyChaos

Smash Cadet
I see that word thrown around a lot these days, both seriously and as an insult. I honestly dislike having to hear about it over and over again. I do not like the idea that what one might enjoy may enable others to apply this word to them, and I do not like the idea of segregating groups of people by claiming certain things are specifically aimed at certain types of people. If anything, this game is aimed more at children and nostalgic gamers than anyone else, not that it means anything anyway. Anyone can buy and play it, and nobody cares who does buy and play except for maybe the marketing team for Nintendo simply for the sake of advertising in the right places.

Many autistic traits, to me anyway, sound more like simple personality traits. I can see it being very likely that some may make a hasty assumption that someone is autistic when they actually are not. I am not sure why people seem so fixated on it these days, but with that fixation comes a slight paranoia that causes people to get spooked whenever they see something that seems to fit the bill. Some people just act silly for the fun of it, some people just get nervous especially when they are to be speaking to many people around the world through a broadcast, some people just have their own personal quirks, etc. No need to start handing out labels like they are going out of style. That is for a professional to determine and it is up to the individual as to whether or not they choose to confirm it for others.

Test results:
Agree: 2,4,5,22,26,46: 1 point
Disagree: 10,11,15,24,28,34,37,38,50: 1 point
Score: 15

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I see that word thrown around a lot these days, both seriously and as an insult. I honestly dislike having to hear about it over and over again. I do not like the idea that what one might enjoy may enable others to apply this word to them, and I do not like the idea of segregating groups of people by claiming certain things are specifically aimed at certain types of people. If anything, this game is aimed more at children and nostalgic gamers than anyone else, not that it means anything anyway. Anyone can buy and play it, and nobody cares who does buy and play except for maybe the marketing team for Nintendo simply for the sake of advertising in the right places.

Many autistic traits, to me anyway, sound more like simple personality traits. I can see it being very likely that some may make a hasty assumption that someone is autistic when they actually are not. I am not sure why people seem so fixated on it these days, but with that fixation comes a slight paranoia that causes people to get spooked whenever they see something that seems to fit the bill. Some people just act silly for the fun of it, some people just get nervous especially when they are to be speaking to many people around the world through a broadcast, some people just have their own personal quirks, etc. No need to start handing out labels like they are going out of style. That is for a professional to determine and it is up to the individual as to whether or not they choose to confirm it for others.

Test results:
Agree: 2,4,5,22,26,46: 1 point
Disagree: 10,11,15,24,28,34,37,38,50: 1 point
Score: 15
theyre all just jealous cause those of us with autism are more awesome

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
My twin brother and I have been diagnosed with ADHD-iT which is constantly confused with autism because some of the symptoms look very similar, but are obviously very different from the inside concept. Some of my friends mostly call me autistic just to bother me around when they get to see me lack concentration or unable to play and keep a conversation going with them at the same time. But lately the whole autism topic has been very associated with Smash Bros.

At first, I considered that people were just being jerks and assuming that by somehow "autistic" can be used to insult people for their love for Smash Bros considering the colors, the deep statistics and metagame you have to learn to be a good player. But this shouldn't even be taken in consideration since each game has it's own metagame and if this were the case, why not Marvel vs Capcom or Street Fighter? Yet I keep finding threads like:

Smash Fans are so Autistic.
Why do autistic like Smash Bros so much?
Can't believe they put Sonic just to please autistic kids.
Stupid Autistic and their f*cking Smash.
Smash is the fighting game for autistic people!
Ridleyf*gs are so autistic.

But the scenario takes a deeper insight as I keep investigating:
In many Autism pages forums, people with autism do prefer Nintendo games over PlayStation and XBox games. That seems logical, since the colors, the interactive gameplay, a mostly nonvocal communication as well as some other details come to fit well with autistic preferences. I even remember reading in an autism forum that Smash Bros was their number 1 game when voting for favorite video game. But everybody loves Smash Bros, right?

The youtube recommended me this video:
Satoshi Tajiri (creator of Pokémon) has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, but in 2013 DMS-V noted that Asperger's Syndrome doesn't really exist and it's more of a Low Functioning Autism, than a separate disorder itself. So in few words, the creator of Pokémon is autistic. Now, I'm sure I'm not the first to imply that Masahiro Sakurai has some autistic traits. In his Nintendo Direct in April, Sakurai revealed a bit about his personality and I gotta say, his monotone speech doesn't help discard this theory. Also his facial expression seems forced and faked.
So I'll go to the point. I can't really find any evidence in the game that would fit with autism as to categorize it's players as autistic people. But being in this forum, the biggest Smash Bros. community I know of, why not ask you guys. Do any of you have autism? Have you any social problems (would be weird being a multiplayer game)? Are you what people would consider a game freak? Comic book collector, maybe? Do you guys have a deep love for science, math, numbers or unusual collections? I have a blog and I'm really interested in digging deeper to this ivestigation. Also, if you guys would be willing to do this AQ Test (determines if you have autism or not) and post me the results, that would help a lot. If you guys would prefer to post me the results through PM, that'd be OK. And please, OPINIONS!
http://archive.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html
I read...VERY interesting and good read.

So, yes I have ADHD. Btw, I think they recently updated the DSM so that most of the symptoms like asperger or adhd are classified as "autism spectrum"...I really don't even care of the name but the thing is, from what i noticed with people that has any of these, no one was the exact same effects...

It varies so much from people to people affected that I really stopped to name them. For me, my adhd is mine, and yours is yours. Differents effects and only comparable from a few base, but it should be mostly acting differently.

I will tell you that myself is quite not the most affected, but it's enough to be for me EXTREMELY significant, but as I grew...it's really not noticeable for everyone else.

Now, the word "autism" first, for me is just a name. The effects of it depends on you, but even if you consider the jusdgement of every symptons, it's awfully ironic.

They believe they troll while in fact, having an adhd if you know yourself well can be the best thing ever.

I even wondered why the d meant disorder. I mean yes, I understand that my concentration level is higher than most...but that doesn't mean I can't try to control it MANUALLY. For example, if I stay still, I have to move because I'm overconcentrated since think I don't fully use it so my brain learned to compensate without me even noticing. By questionning a lot on myself, I concluded that being in movement helps to regulate my concentration if not fully used reducing undesirable side effect (the worst is I can be tired and be overexcited...but it's not that bad now). So, By knowing this, I can just move manually if my brain doesn't do it by itself.

See? stuff like this reduces the bad side which is what the people judges way too much because the next step is understanding the best thing about autism spectrum: the hidden potential.

If I use fully my concentration, it's higher than normal so it means more concentrated meaning more efficient work. Now, that sure does help a lot in life (especially studies), but it's not even the best thing: the way I think is very very very very detailed.

I store so much info that my memory is REALLY impressive. If I want to remember something, I have a lot more path to remember than most people because I remembered seemingly dumb stuff (I found once a GBA cartbridge simply by knowing it was in a plastic container...just that told me where it was in said container). Long term memory too, but it also affects the way I analyse and this is really why I even love the fact that I have adhd. If people knows how picky and exahaustive I am in my posts, it's due to me considering more info than most people and be very perfectionist. Also, I noticed that it made me very persistent (something that can lead you far in life).

So, seems to be a weird thing to judge right?

I'm not even done: differents effects for differents people means differents potential.

Ok, I'm not even surprised that you think Sakurai might be affected: it's very possible. Seriously, to have so much creativity and PERSISTENCY (highlight that), it's not usual. I heard that it's believed that most famous people like Einstein or Bill gates have adhd or derivated.

Really, once you know how you act after you got that you're in a minority, you will realise that being in the minority is something that makes you in great position to change the majority. Happened for me and I don't want to have my adhd away.

Now, for nintendo, I honestly think that your point on the pokemon creator is not that surprising. Really, these symptoms brings qualities that can be very powerful if used wisely, enough to bring innovation.

So, is smash is mostly FOR autism or derivated?

NO.

Which should be obvious. Sakurai being autism is really awesome when you think about it because from reading his quotes, he really knows what he's doing and I meant the game and himself. In fact, I said that ssbm is the reason I talk here right?

That's due to my high curiosity. So, consider that as an adhd, I play and love games all because of the work by sakurai...I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually autism or derivated, but why his ideas works on NON autism?

Simply because most people (even myself) don't know WHAT they want, but WHY.

Like, take Paper Mario, I didn't know I wanted that at all.

but when I was PRESENTED to it, I knew WHY I love WHAT was in front of me.

^innovators however think the oppposite way. They have a cause in mind and with convinction and persistencies, they can figure out the rest with creativity and trying to break set convention and statuco.

I wish one day to reach this step, but really, smash might be more loved by autism, it's not for mostly them. Like, the majority works in a way that they are mostly influenced by others but who set the trend?

The one that has the convinctions to do so.

In fact, research law of diffusion of innovation. It's a theory I used in this very site to lead support for Paper Mario, it's the truth. I really got that the presentation is highly important even tought the idea never changed.

So, if you see any people judge you, ignore and don't even hide your opinions. I did the mistake before, DO NOT. Really, don't worry about this. People could think whatever about the concept of autism, but NO and I mean NO one will ever be able to know yourself better then you.

I have 17 and so far, even my near relatives didn't succeeded in figuring out myself completely. I'm the only one who did and no one managed to so far...

So, I hope that people who read this message sees the hidden potential autism and derivated can bring. I'm affected and honestly, it's not even the best that existed and I really think it improved my happiness in life a lot.

Just be yourself and enjoy life without caring about judgement you KNOW it's false...you don't know how much posts I've ignored just because I didn't want to get into rude arguments (sometime, I have the temptation, but realised that I only do it if I'm forced to...).

EDIT: I found that the test is even inacurate in my case, proof that I'm THAT picky.

I did got 28, but some questions changed their answers as I grew. It's because I had the chance to have advocation to my adhd which did made my social interactions decent enough, but it still won't change that I care more to be alone than with others (but I enjoy both).

In fact, I will tell more accurate results: I passed an IQ test without knowing and my memory is even fuzzy (I do remember the circumstances and where I passed, but not found it relevant until rather recently).

Rsults: completely inaccurate 109 because the social judgement is really under average while meverything else is average or way higher.

Here's what you should keep in mind, only 10% did better in visual memories, but only 5% for audio! The reason is I have severe miopia (can't even drive with glasses) so I guess my brain improved the hearing.

I don't remomber the exact thing for logic, but I think it was around only 20% did better than me.

So, considering that the point under average is normal (it's just myself), the IQ is really high and I know why I can have this, but after I knew, I was convinced that I was loving the fact i have adhd and I don't even think it's an handicap as far as I'm concerned. The thing is, it can become one if you don't figure it out (in fact, getting that you think differently is hard to get...it's not written in my forehead...)

Last edited:

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
So I was talking about my theory in a class and some dudes started ramdomly making fun of the whole idea, same thing happened on some pages, so I've decided to make this a project. Here's the basis:

Could Super Smash Bros. franchise have a special effect on people with autism?

Lately there’s been some links between Autism and the Nintendo videogame: Super Smash Bros. So far, people determine that if you’re a Super Smash Bros. player, the possibility of you having autism is high. Now commonly, these people are computer trolls, using the definition “Autistic” as a way to offend those who play the game. So of all the points that shall be enlisted, this is the list to be considered. At the same time, the director of the game “Masahiro Sakurai” has been determined as somebody with autism. We know Satoshi Tajiri, creator of Pokémon was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome, which in fact has been stated in 2013 by the Diagnosis Manual of Mental Disorders V that is not really a separate disorder from Autism spectrum, but a different functioning type of the same disorder. Yet we don’t know if Satoshi Tajiri was involved in the creation of Super Smash Bros. And if it was, would that have a special perception of the game by those players with autism? Lately there’s a theory that states that it’s a child playing with his toys, instead of the actual characters from their respective games. The theory also mentions that the child is most likely to have autism. The responsible of this theory talks about diagnosis, symptoms, traits and even the sexuality that according to the game the child should develop if he did have autism and how it reflects in the game. Evidence is deeply poor, yet if we investigate the game keepping in mind it could be true just the same way as it probably can't, we will find the true answer.

Events of Investigation:

1. Investigate Sakurai and Satoshi

We can read and study Sakurai’s biography and all the information there is to know about him. Have different psychologists evaluate the videos with an honest description of the symptoms he presents for the spectrum. Check with them if these symptoms and/or traits are enough to diagnose him as autistic and for the probability of him having the disorder. An analysis on his relatives can help since autism runs in the family. Check other creations (Kirby and Kid Icarus) to see if they would reveal any information about Sakurai being or not being in the spectrum. Everything must be noted in two different indicators and a third one for special notes.

Example
Indicators that he is within the Spectrum.

· Kirby and Meta Knight have round shapes. People with autism feel attracted to round objects.

· Sakurai uses a monotone speech. This symptom only fits with disorders inside the spectrum.

· In his Nintendo Direct from April 2014, he lacked facial expression. This too is a symptom.

Indicators that he is not in the Spectrum.

· Kid Icarus and Kirby have a constant use of magic and both are considered fiction genres. People with autism don’t normally enjoy reading or writing fiction.

· He has never been diagnosed or known of having a disorder.

· He applies a lot of comedy in Kid Icarus. People with autism have a rare sense of humor and usually can’t understand sarcasm.

Learn if Satoshi was ever involved in the production of any of the Super Smash Bros. games. If he was, try learn how much he did within any of these games. Search in the credits for his name to investigate if he collaborated to the games and if he did, what exactly was his position.

2. - Videogame Surveys for People with Different Mental Disorders

Create surveys for people with different mental disorders and see which of them follow onto Super Smash Bros. the most. The survey must not include any indicators that would lead to the selection of Super Smash Bros. as it will be open to enlist any existing videogame from any console. These must be done in different communities, one for each mental disorder and another for neurotypic video game players. In case the child can’t play the game, the parent of the child shall be given an altered survey to fill in if it’s desired.

Surveys shall be made to the next People:

· People diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.

· People previously diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome.

· People diagnosed with ADHD. The survey must include subtypes.

· People with diagnosed Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

· People with diagnosed Down’s Syndrome

· People with diagnosed Dyslexia Disorder.

· People with diagnosed Bipolar Disorder.

· People with no Mental Disorder (neurotypic).

The Survey must also include:

· Name of the person (optional).

· Disorder with which he/she was diagnosed.

· Subtype of the Disorder (low functioning, high functioning, etc).

· Nationality

· Birth Date.

· Age of diagnosis.

· Sex.

· Sexuality (children mustn't have this in their survey).

· Person who made diagnosis.

· Race (shall be optional to answer).

· Consoles owned.

· Top Ten favorite games.

· Small description to why they’re their favorite games.

· Asked if they chose the game when bought.

· Ask if they chose the console.

· About of hours played per week with each game.

· Amount of hours total dedicated to each game.

· Signature to make the document valid.

3.- Analysis of the metagame and see if anything matches with autism likes and dislikes.
4.- Using Tests on Children and Teens with Autism.
5.- Analysis and comparing the ways of playing of people with a disorder as well as a person with no mental disorder.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

no mental disorder.
ok lets see: no

aspergers is a type of autism

and autism is not a mental disorder

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There are apparently a bunch of bigots that hate autistic people somewhere in the world that I don't know about

Loken

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6858-0816-0777
There certainly is a good case for arguing that a game like Smash would appeal to those on the autistic spectrum. As for Sakurai? I really don't think we know nearly enough about him to diagnose the guy. Eccentric and passionate he may be but without a real insight into his personality and life outside of the public eye it's all just clutching at strings.

I've never been diagnosed with anything myself nor have I (or my parents) inquired about such things. I've never really given it a thought to be honest but I did score 28 on that test so take that for what you will. Heh.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Why is this even a thing ? Why does suddenly the vision of a game or a person has to change because of a mental sickness.
Does this change your life ? No. Does it change life for others ? No. It's only a game. A game can appeal to anyone, with or without a mental sickness. Why do we bother thinking about this stuff appart for just making our little world move to a sudden announcement : it's useless. It doesn't have a meaning.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Smash could appeal to an autistic person...partly because yeah, it is a really good game, so I doubt being autistic would have much influence on somebody's interest in Smash.

But I can see why the game would have specific appeal to people who suffer from autism. Smash Bros is truly a game you can get completely immersed in. I'm not autistic myself, but even I have had that feeling. Trying to 100% the game. Playing online. Taking screenshots of my favourite characters. Making stages. There is just SO much to do, the game could literally be your entire life if you wanted it to be (and for some of the most dedicated players, it pretty much is).

The game actually can train your mind in a lot of ways, and possibly give you new interests, even outside of the game franchises involved. If you enjoy setting up photos in Smash, you might actually enjoy real photography, for example.

If breaking out into a more social or creative environment is an issue for you, regardless of it having to do with autism or not, then Smash could be the gateway you need. Or at the least, it would help.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
You mentioned Pokemon early on but didn't fully explore that avenue. My mother is an expert in the field of autism and similar conditions and was not surprised in the slightest to discover that the series' creator was autistic. She believed it explained a lot and I wouldn't disagree.

The very premise of Pokemon is its collectathon nature, a fairly common Nintendo theme that capitalizes on the obsessive, completionist tendencies of its audience. Combine that with the vast depth of stats and move combinations one is required to assess the merits of as they play and Pokemon becomes a hobby that demands a lot of focus and attention to detail. A "specialist interest" as it is sometimes termed in the context of those with autism.

Of course, anyone can enjoy such gameplay depth, quantity of content and tactical thinking but it's hardly a coincidence that an autistic mind produced such a franchise as it encompasses practically all the characteristic tendencies of the condition.

Do I believe that Pokemon was designed for autistic people? No. Why would anyone intentionally design for such a niche market? I do, however, believe that it was designed the way it was because that's what its creator was drawn to due to his own autistic traits and that that is why it turned out the way it did.
As the Series' success would suggest though, these "autistic traits" aren't really anything more than extreme versions of natural human tendencies. In a way, that's kind of what autism is I guess.

As for myself, I was diagnosed as "High functioning autism spectrum disorder meeting the criteria for Asperger's Syndrome", meaning that I have the above average intellect of someone who would be deemed Asperger's (I'm currently enrolled on a university physics course) and many of the common traits of autism including obsessive tendencies, poor social development and set thinking patterns (though not like you might expect, given that quantum mechanics is my strong point) but end up presenting in a way that's not entirely normal for either (so much as there even is normal within such a wide category).
I have a fairly decent imagination (this is supposedly why people think the fantasy genre doesn't appeal), a love of wordplay and other humour and I understand sarcasm just fine. I am outgoing and empathetic, though my application of these qualities can be rather off at times. And, as you can see, I can express myself just fine in text.
Oh and this inexpressive face nonsense? Total bullcrap. I have a perfectly expressive face, just little conscious control over it.

How does any of this relate to Smash? I have no idea. The appeal for me is the innate silliness of the franchise combined with the gameplay depth that keeps it from getting old and the way it utilizes reactive thinking over preplanning. The latter being something I hate in real life but am somehow drawn to in video games.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So I was talking about my theory in a class and some dudes started ramdomly making fun of the whole idea, same thing happened on some pages, so I've decided to make this a project. Here's the basis:

Lately there’s been some links between Autism and the Nintendo videogame: Super Smash Bros. So far, people determine that if you’re a Super Smash Bros. player, the possibility of you having autism is high. Now commonly, these people are computer trolls, using the definition “Autistic” as a way to offend those who play the game. So of all the points that shall be enlisted, this is the list to be considered. At the same time, the director of the game “Masahiro Sakurai” has been determined as somebody with autism. We know Satoshi Tajiri, creator of Pokémon was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome, which in fact has been stated in 2013 by the Diagnosis Manual of Mental Disorders V that is not really a separate disorder from Autism spectrum, but a different functioning type of the same disorder. Yet we don’t know if Satoshi Tajiri was involved in the creation of Super Smash Bros. And if it was, would that have a special perception of the game by those players with autism? Lately there’s a theory that states that it’s a child playing with his toys, instead of the actual characters from their respective games. The theory also mentions that the child is most likely to have autism. The responsible of this theory talks about diagnosis, symptoms, traits and even the sexuality that according to the game the child should develop if he did have autism and how it reflects in the game. Evidence is deeply poor, yet if we investigate the game keepping in mind it could be true just the same way as it probably can't, we will find the true answer.

Events of Investigation:

1. Investigate Sakurai and Satoshi

We can read and study Sakurai’s biography and all the information there is to know about him. Have different psychologists evaluate the videos with an honest description of the symptoms he presents for the spectrum. Check with them if these symptoms and/or traits are enough to diagnose him as autistic and for the probability of him having the disorder. An analysis on his relatives can help since autism runs in the family. Check other creations (Kirby and Kid Icarus) to see if they would reveal any information about Sakurai being or not being in the spectrum. Everything must be noted in two different indicators and a third one for special notes.

Example
Indicators that he is within the Spectrum.

· Kirby and Meta Knight have round shapes. People with autism feel attracted to round objects.

· Sakurai uses a monotone speech. This symptom only fits with disorders inside the spectrum.

· In his Nintendo Direct from April 2014, he lacked facial expression. This too is a symptom.

Indicators that he is not in the Spectrum.

· Kid Icarus and Kirby have a constant use of magic and both are considered fiction genres. People with autism don’t normally enjoy reading or writing fiction.

· He has never been diagnosed or known of having a disorder.

· He applies a lot of comedy in Kid Icarus. People with autism have a rare sense of humor and usually can’t understand sarcasm.

Learn if Satoshi was ever involved in the production of any of the Super Smash Bros. games. If he was, try learn how much he did within any of these games. Search in the credits for his name to investigate if he collaborated to the games and if he did, what exactly was his position.

2. - Videogame Surveys for People with Different Mental Disorders

Create surveys for people with different mental disorders and see which of them follow onto Super Smash Bros. the most. The survey must not include any indicators that would lead to the selection of Super Smash Bros. as it will be open to enlist any existing videogame from any console. These must be done in different communities, one for each mental disorder and another for neurotypic video game players. In case the child can’t play the game, the parent of the child shall be given an altered survey to fill in if it’s desired.

Surveys shall be made to the next People:

· People diagnosed with ADHD. The survey must include subtypes.

· People with diagnosed Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

· People with diagnosed Down’s Syndrome

· People with diagnosed Dyslexia Disorder.

· People with diagnosed Bipolar Disorder.

· People with no Mental Disorder (neurotypic).

The Survey must also include:

· Name of the person (optional).

· Disorder with which he/she was diagnosed.

· Subtype of the Disorder (low functioning, high functioning, etc).

· Nationality

· Birth Date.

· Age of diagnosis.

· Sex.

· Sexuality (children mustn't have this in their survey).

· Person who made diagnosis.

· Race (shall be optional to answer).

· Consoles owned.

· Top Ten favorite games.

· Small description to why they’re their favorite games.

· Asked if they chose the game when bought.

· Ask if they chose the console.

· About of hours played per week with each game.

· Amount of hours total dedicated to each game.

· Signature to make the document valid.

3.- Analysis of the metagame and see if anything matches with autism likes and dislikes.
4.- Using Tests on Children and Teens with Autism.
5.- Analysis and comparing the ways of playing of people with a disorder as well as a person with no mental disorder.
Well Sakurai, imo, yes it;s very possible and I actually won't be that much surprised if I was right.

But then I honestly skimmed through the post and your point about making survey....well I really love the idea, the problem is...this is sometime a sensible subject for some. Some would just like to hide it more so, you would have to make confidentiality a thing for those.

But I will be honest, I did had some crazy doubts about it and I think doing this would be quite interesting. I'm quite curious if you do them of the results, but btw, I already told my opinion, for me, there's no real name. I really find weird how much they actually change these names, but anyway, I do think that it could make sense to have nintendo biggest person to have autism spectrum.

Because the truth is, these are not just an hurdle, but a challenge that if you learn how to deal with, you earn big potential...though, it can be hard...

wow, you demand a lot actually, you might consider people's privacy. Like, whay you want to know is what kind of games people like that has those, but do you really need the nationality and such?

But it might be possible if you feel persistent enough to have this all figured out. Though, you sound like you are :)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Why is this even a thing ? Why does suddenly the vision of a game or a person has to change because of a mental sickness.
Does this change your life ? No. Does it change life for others ? No. It's only a game. A game can appeal to anyone, with or without a mental sickness. Why do we bother thinking about this stuff appart for just making our little world move to a sudden announcement : it's useless. It doesn't have a meaning.
autism is not a mental sickness

Kodachi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GhOsT-KoDa
We live in a world where new technology is encouraging new states of consciousness to develop. I suppose there could be a link between video games and such states of awareness & personalities, but personally I would never willingly take such a label, no matter what the benefits/negatives are that are associated with that label. We are all just humans, unwillingly participating in a collective evolution. If your specific personality type gives you an edge in some areas, such as competitive gaming, more power to you! But labels... blah labels... and text book psychology... blah that as well.

As far as I am concerned Sakurai is an epic video game developer and I, Kodachi, am an epic gamer. Simple as that. If someone wants to label me as autistic or aspergers because I can competitively play a video game I feel I am just as able to label that person as ignorant of cultural change.

I agree with crazychaos for the most part.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
ok lets see: no
aspergers is a type of autism

and autism is not a mental disorder
In DSM-V, Asperger's Syndrome has been eliminated and now considered Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Although World Health Organization does consider it a type and to their categories, it still exists. For now.
Autism may not be a mental disorder, but it is a neurological disorder. So, either way, it's still a disorder. And no, it's not a sickness.
I read...VERY interesting and good read.

So, yes I have ADHD. Btw, I think they recently updated the DSM so that most of the symptoms like asperger or adhd are classified as "autism spectrum"...I really don't even care of the name but the thing is, from what i noticed with people that has any of these, no one was the exact same effects...

It varies so much from people to people affected that I really stopped to name them. For me, my adhd is mine, and yours is yours. Differents effects and only comparable from a few base, but it should be mostly acting differently.

I will tell you that myself is quite not the most affected, but it's enough to be for me EXTREMELY significant, but as I grew...it's really not noticeable for everyone else.

Now, the word "autism" first, for me is just a name. The effects of it depends on you, but even if you consider the jusdgement of every symptons, it's awfully ironic.

They believe they troll while in fact, having an adhd if you know yourself well can be the best thing ever.

I even wondered why the d meant disorder. I mean yes, I understand that my concentration level is higher than most...but that doesn't mean I can't try to control it MANUALLY. For example, if I stay still, I have to move because I'm overconcentrated since think I don't fully use it so my brain learned to compensate without me even noticing. By questionning a lot on myself, I concluded that being in movement helps to regulate my concentration if not fully used reducing undesirable side effect (the worst is I can be tired and be overexcited...but it's not that bad now). So, By knowing this, I can just move manually if my brain doesn't do it by itself.

See? stuff like this reduces the bad side which is what the people judges way too much because the next step is understanding the best thing about autism spectrum: the hidden potential.

If I use fully my concentration, it's higher than normal so it means more concentrated meaning more efficient work. Now, that sure does help a lot in life (especially studies), but it's not even the best thing: the way I think is very very very very detailed.

I store so much info that my memory is REALLY impressive. If I want to remember something, I have a lot more path to remember than most people because I remembered seemingly dumb stuff (I found once a GBA cartbridge simply by knowing it was in a plastic container...just that told me where it was in said container). Long term memory too, but it also affects the way I analyse and this is really why I even love the fact that I have adhd. If people knows how picky and exahaustive I am in my posts, it's due to me considering more info than most people and be very perfectionist. Also, I noticed that it made me very persistent (something that can lead you far in life).

So, seems to be a weird thing to judge right?

I'm not even done: differents effects for differents people means differents potential.

Ok, I'm not even surprised that you think Sakurai might be affected: it's very possible. Seriously, to have so much creativity and PERSISTENCY (highlight that), it's not usual. I heard that it's believed that most famous people like Einstein or Bill gates have adhd or derivated.

Really, once you know how you act after you got that you're in a minority, you will realise that being in the minority is something that makes you in great position to change the majority. Happened for me and I don't want to have my adhd away.

Now, for nintendo, I honestly think that your point on the pokemon creator is not that surprising. Really, these symptoms brings qualities that can be very powerful if used wisely, enough to bring innovation.

So, is smash is mostly FOR autism or derivated?

NO.

Which should be obvious. Sakurai being autism is really awesome when you think about it because from reading his quotes, he really knows what he's doing and I meant the game and himself. In fact, I said that ssbm is the reason I talk here right?

That's due to my high curiosity. So, consider that as an adhd, I play and love games all because of the work by sakurai...I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually autism or derivated, but why his ideas works on NON autism?

Simply because most people (even myself) don't know WHAT they want, but WHY.

Like, take Paper Mario, I didn't know I wanted that at all.

but when I was PRESENTED to it, I knew WHY I love WHAT was in front of me.

^innovators however think the oppposite way. They have a cause in mind and with convinction and persistencies, they can figure out the rest with creativity and trying to break set convention and statuco.

I wish one day to reach this step, but really, smash might be more loved by autism, it's not for mostly them. Like, the majority works in a way that they are mostly influenced by others but who set the trend?

The one that has the convinctions to do so.

In fact, research law of diffusion of innovation. It's a theory I used in this very site to lead support for Paper Mario, it's the truth. I really got that the presentation is highly important even tought the idea never changed.

So, if you see any people judge you, ignore and don't even hide your opinions. I did the mistake before, DO NOT. Really, don't worry about this. People could think whatever about the concept of autism, but NO and I mean NO one will ever be able to know yourself better then you.

I have 17 and so far, even my near relatives didn't succeeded in figuring out myself completely. I'm the only one who did and no one managed to so far...

So, I hope that people who read this message sees the hidden potential autism and derivated can bring. I'm affected and honestly, it's not even the best that existed and I really think it improved my happiness in life a lot.

Just be yourself and enjoy life without caring about judgement you KNOW it's false...you don't know how much posts I've ignored just because I didn't want to get into rude arguments (sometime, I have the temptation, but realised that I only do it if I'm forced to...).

EDIT: I found that the test is even inacurate in my case, proof that I'm THAT picky.

I did got 28, but some questions changed their answers as I grew. It's because I had the chance to have advocation to my adhd which did made my social interactions decent enough, but it still won't change that I care more to be alone than with others (but I enjoy both).

In fact, I will tell more accurate results: I passed an IQ test without knowing and my memory is even fuzzy (I do remember the circumstances and where I passed, but not found it relevant until rather recently).

Rsults: completely inaccurate 109 because the social judgement is really under average while meverything else is average or way higher.

Here's what you should keep in mind, only 10% did better in visual memories, but only 5% for audio! The reason is I have severe miopia (can't even drive with glasses) so I guess my brain improved the hearing.

I don't remomber the exact thing for logic, but I think it was around only 20% did better than me.

So, considering that the point under average is normal (it's just myself), the IQ is really high and I know why I can have this, but after I knew, I was convinced that I was loving the fact i have adhd and I don't even think it's an handicap as far as I'm concerned. The thing is, it can become one if you don't figure it out (in fact, getting that you think differently is hard to get...it's not written in my forehead...)
Sorry, when I saw your post, I wanted to write an answer right away, yet I had to get to work. Sorry about that. I enjoyed reading both of your comments and have been wanting to reply since last time I read about it, but I was on the phone, so...
Anyway, here's the thing:
Like you said, having a mental disorder has it's benefits. I have ADHD Inattentive Type. Which means, I lack of concentration, yet I don't have hyperactivity. Some refer to it as ADD.
Like you've said, each and every mental disorder will have it's benefits thanks to the neurological effects each one has on our minds. The disorder itself combined with each nurture we have structured through our lives brings up different results. Evidence of this is my brother and I. Although identical twins, we do have a very differen personality, which brings in different effects of the disorder. Of course, we do share symptoms, and i think some of the things i get to understand from the disorder will only be understood from him.

• Creativity is the biggest and most common benefit ADHD will ever give out. I mind playing game.
  • Memorizing is also a benefit. You can easily memorize things, although memory skills work very hard for me at least. So things I can remember easily and easy things like an aunt's name can be forgotten by me for a while.
  • The interest and obsession people with ADHD develop toward things can be intense. If this is applied wisely, it's of great use. As a child i memorized the number, name and release date of every episode of Avatar the Last Airbender. Now I remember where every item in every Metroid game is.
  • I enjoy writing novels and stories. I believe it's thanks to ADHD I'm able to create characters. Sometimes my mind detaches itself from the world and kind of allows me to create stories, characters or think of projects.

Yes, benefits from this disorder make me feel like I am ADHD. And I wouldn't trade this for anything, since the creativity has so far helped me keep the job I know have and given me great projects. But I think you also need to mention how the disorder affects common life. For example:

But as well as the good points come, there are things that I have huge problems thanks to the disorder which can sometimes be a mayor problem.

• I tell a lot of lies when under pressure and easily break promises.
  • I don't like doing any type of homework and I try to leave things for the last moment.
  • Of all my projects I've ever decided to start, I canceled about 90% of them (let's hope this one is in the 10%).
  • I have a very obsessive personality. Watching a new series, a new anime or a new video game, I'll avoid my duties and concentrate on just that topic.
  • I'm very disorganized with money.
  • I don't like to be touched. And I've got into fights with friends because of this.
  • I'm very impulsive. One time I got an eye surgery for miopia and astigmatismo (don't know the english name), and after surgery I had to keep sunglasses on for about a week. My friends came over the same day the surgery had been done and told me they were going to a party, but my mom didn't let me go. I was so mad, that all I locked myself in my room, took an old camera and kept using the flash on it to damage my eyes all night... To the day, one of my biggest regrets.
  • Low Selfsteem
Anyways, I also found this. It fits in more to ADD than Autism obviously, but it's a good contribution to what i'm trying to do.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
In DSM-V, Asperger's Syndrome has been eliminated and now considered Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Although World Health Organization does consider it a type and to their categories, it still exists. For now.
Autism may not be a mental disorder, but it is a neurological disorder. So, either way, it's still a disorder. And no, it's not a sickness.

Sorry, when I saw your post, I wanted to write an answer right away, yet I had to get to work. Sorry about that. I enjoyed reading both of your comments and have been wanting to reply since last time I read about it, but I was on the phone, so...
Anyway, here's the thing:
Like you said, having a mental disorder has it's benefits. I have ADHD Inattentive Type. Which means, I lack of concentration, yet I don't have hyperactivity. Some refer to it as ADD.
Like you've said, each and every mental disorder will have it's benefits thanks to the neurological effects each one has on our minds. The disorder itself combined with each nurture we have structured through our lives brings up different results. Evidence of this is my brother and I. Although identical twins, we do have a very differen personality, which brings in different effects of the disorder. Of course, we do share symptoms, and i think some of the things i get to understand from the disorder will only be understood from him.

• Creativity is the biggest and most common benefit ADHD will ever give out. I mind playing game.
  • Memorizing is also a benefit. You can easily memorize things, although memory skills work very hard for me at least. So things I can remember easily and easy things like an aunt's name can be forgotten by me for a while.
  • The interest and obsession people with ADHD develop toward things can be intense. If this is applied wisely, it's of great use. As a child i memorized the number, name and release date of every episode of Avatar the Last Airbender. Now I remember where every item in every Metroid game is.
  • I enjoy writing novels and stories. I believe it's thanks to ADHD I'm able to create characters. Sometimes my mind detaches itself from the world and kind of allows me to create stories, characters or think of projects.

Yes, benefits from this disorder make me feel like I am ADHD. And I wouldn't trade this for anything, since the creativity has so far helped me keep the job I know have and given me great projects. But I think you also need to mention how the disorder affects common life. For example:

But as well as the good points come, there are things that I have huge problems thanks to the disorder which can sometimes be a mayor problem.

• I tell a lot of lies when under pressure and easily break promises.
  • I don't like doing any type of homework and I try to leave things for the last moment.
  • Of all my projects I've ever decided to start, I canceled about 90% of them (let's hope this one is in the 10%).
  • I have a very obsessive personality. Watching a new series, a new anime or a new video game, I'll avoid my duties and concentrate on just that topic.
  • I'm very disorganized with money.
  • I don't like to be touched. And I've got into fights with friends because of this.
  • I'm very impulsive. One time I got an eye surgery for miopia and astigmatismo (don't know the english name), and after surgery I had to keep sunglasses on for about a week. My friends came over the same day the surgery had been done and told me they were going to a party, but my mom didn't let me go. I was so mad, that all I locked myself in my room, took an old camera and kept using the flash on it to damage my eyes all night... To the day, one of my biggest regrets.
  • Low Selfsteem
Anyways, I also found this. It fits in more to ADD than Autism obviously, but it's a good contribution to what i'm trying to do.
Oh I saw that video, yeah, good one.

Yeah, basically, this is cons that comes with pros, but the thing is you need to get how to reduce the cons and benefit of the pros. Which isn't easy because the only one that can figure this out is the said person.

and that requires lots of questioning. Though, I will say I think you're more affected than me, there's stuff you described that seems a bit similar to me.

What I actually wonder is that for me, I though that autism spectrum (look, just put all of it there because for me...there's not really names just differents effects with people) was quite rare but seeing talks...it seems it's a bit less than I though.

Which is why it makes me very curious on these possible results, just like I said, pay attention to privacy because not everyone is willing to tell everything...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
just be careful guys, naturaly people with aspergers/autism are more prone to misunderstandings

(myself being a prime example)

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
The video in the op feels like it's full of confirmation bias

The majority of his explanation for smash being autistic, also efficiently explains it from the more simple (occam's razor) explanation that it's just a kid. And that grasping at straws with "furry lucario" like what? Does someone really think the character selection or game creation process had anything to do with some subtle "what would an autistic do" dartboard?

Yea it's just a theory, a ****ing stupid one. All that research should've been put into could've been put into explaining why the series is so attractive to autistics if he wanted to really be thought-provoking and controversial instead of this "yea it's a lot of bull**** but it's just a theory, tehe :^)"

I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was younger and they were pretty convinced I was autistic. Not sure why, but I was extremely weird. Like I would spend hours tying my shoes, crying because i couldn't get them to the exact same tightness. Couldn't sleep unless I felt the blanket was tucked evenly over me, would go crazy if they came out from being tucked, and had pretty severe social issues. Went to a private school where they were allowed to beat you and i got the paddle like 3-4 times a week. Never saw recess lmao

Not sure why that all changed around puberty. Pretty "normal" now. Haven't taken any meds for 7 years and function like anyone else, not really sure that "ADHD" label is still applicable because I stay focused more than anyone I know. I think it was because I did poorly in school but I blame the ****ty schools in my area. P.G. County is one of the worst in the country, definitely MD.

I have been told a lot I'm very robotic and cold/non-empathetic. Though I think that stems from the over-sensitivity of the modern youth and my rejection of many social norms rather than a behavioral condition.

Last edited:
Top Bottom