• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros. DOJO!! TCG

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
Ok, this is a stupid idea I got some days ago. Basically, in this Trading Card Game, all updates on the DOJO!! are cards! Well, except for Music, Notices and Game Modes. The thing is, there's a bunch of updates on the DOJO!!, so I could use some help.

Card Types
Stage Cards - change the environment, thus conditions of the match
How To Play Cards - misc stuff, like reviving another card or raising the speed of your character
--Techniques - kinda like extra attacks that all characters can use.
Character Cards - these are divided in categories:
--Characters - these cards you use to fight. Each has its own stats.
--Special Moves - allow you to attack with one of the moves listed. These attacks vary in damage dealt, stats dealt, priority and knockback (needs the respective character)
--Final Smash - attack with the move listed, causing an instant K.O. (needs the respective character)
Item Cards - somehow similar to How to Play Cards

Rules
In the beggining, every player gets 10 random cards, including one or more random characters. A random stage card is put on the middle. Each player's random character of choice is put on use.
In each turn, both players use a card of choice. If both play an attack card, the one with the higher priority hits the other player. The opponent is KOed if his caracter's damage meter is really close or higher than the attack he was hit with's knockback.
Other cards like How To Play, Items, etc., vanish/die when used. Cards that vanish/die/whatever go to the bottom of the pile.
Once a player loses all of its cards, he takes away 10 more from the pile.
Players get the opportunity to respawn thrice, with the same or different character. The game ends when one of the players uses all respawns.

Decks
There are three decks of cards:

Deck 1: includes DOJO!! updates.
Deck 2: includes stuff not featured in the DOJO!!
Deck 3: includes stuff from Melee and 64 (including Melee Mario)

Cards
DECK 1 - DOJO Cards

Card 1: Stage
Battlefield

No special conditions, average chances of being KOed.

Card 2: How To Play
The Basic Rules

You get a stock borrowed from your opponent.

Card 3: Item
Gooey Bomb

Once you use it, it sticks to your opponent. If he damages you, the bomb will be passed on to you. Deal damage to pass it back. The bomb explodes and damages whoever it is on after 3 turns.

Card 4: How To Play
What is a Final Smash?

Take a Character Final Smash card from the pile.

Card 5: Techniques
Moving and Shooting

Take a Shooting Item card of choice from the pile, such as Super Scope. You can use it for three turns before it vanishes.

Card 6: Item
Groudon

Acts as a shield, staying for two turns. If your opponent tries to attack you, It will be damaged.

Card 7:
How To Play
You Must Recover!

Revive any one of your dead/used cards.

Card 8: Stage
Yoshi's Island

No special conditions. Less than average chances of being KOed due to the whimsical ghost.

Card 9: Item
Crates and Barrels

Take three random item cards from the pile.

Card 10: Stage
Lylat Cruise

In this stage, all opponents' defense is boosted. Average chance of being KOed.

Card 11: Stage
The Summit

All Characters defense is halfed with the excecption of the Ice Climbers.

Card 12: Special Moves
Kirby

<Standard Special Move: Inhale>

Take any standard special move card or item card from opponent on battlefield and apply it to Kirby. Kirby can use this card (including limited item cards) for an unlimited about of time.

If Kirby is at any time given 20% or more damage flip a coin; If tails, special move/item card is sent to opponent's KO pile. If Kirby is KO'd, special move/item card is sent to opponent's KO pile. If Kirby a taunt card is applied from Kirby special move/item card returns to opponent's hand.

- 8% damage
- 2 pts knockback

DECK 2 - Brawl Cards

Card 1: Technique
Edgehog

Destroy one of the opponents' revived cards.

DECK 3 - Melee/64 Cards

Card 1: Technique
Wavedash

Flip a coin. If heads, switch own character card on battle field with character card in hand from same franchise.

--------

If you have ideas, feel free to post them. And if you really have to, flame me :p

blurr

Smash Rookie
For this to be cool, it would take a lot of work and time. But i'd check it out if it was made. :p

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
For a Smash Bros card game, I wouldn't really follow the game due to limitations of the game. For example, having only 30-40 characters in the card game would be ridiculously boring, and the stage and item limitations would offer little strategy.

I say this could be a interesting idea if it was expanded on. Rather than basing it off the Dojo base it more off the game/Nintendo (and third party representation Brawl has, with possibly a little more thrown in, but keep the ratio about the same).

No need for how to play, let items cover all of that. Lots of character, item, and stage options to build strategies with.

I'd also say you could possibly even incorporate game modes, but to a lesser extent. That would be more of a "change to ruleset" type thing.

I could probably add more, but it's complicated and late. Not a good combination.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Sakurai card.

Similar to Exodia in Yugioh, where if you have all 5 parts in play and in your hand you auto win.

Text:

"Show Sakurai card to your opponent. YOU WIN!? How is that!? Amazing!"

clace

Smash Journeyman
Lmfao, I made a caed game in 2007 on these boards, it went really well and then I gave the rights to Kakunashi (I forgot your name bud, sorry.) and he never did anything xD.

Hopefully this one goes better than mine. But making every update is a good idea.

Card Name: YOU MUST RECOVER!

Effect: Makes smashers all over the world kill themselves, choose one of your opponents testicles and remove it from the field of play.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Lmfao, I made a caed game in 2007 on these boards, it went really well and then I gave the rights to Kakunashi (I forgot your name bud, sorry.) and he never did anything xD.

Hopefully this one goes better than mine. But making every update is a good idea.

Card Name: YOU MUST RECOVER!

Effect: Makes smashers all over the world kill themselves, choose one of your opponents testicles and remove it from the field of play.
I lol'd.

10char

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer

Heres a template I just made if anyone wants to run with it.... its cool ill take suggestions for characters and powers as long as yall dont bootleg and take my "jeremyfeifer.com" off the bottom.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
@Chaosblade77: I only wanted How To Play Cards because of the You Must Recover update, but maybe I SHOULD remove them.
I'll be modifiyng some stuff, in order to include something other than updates, because, i.e., Mario has only one special move in his update, which doesn't even do damage.

Also, Jeremy Feifer got banned, so I'll probably need someone else to do a template.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
The Summit
All Characters defense is halfed with the excecption of the Ice Climbers.

Edgehog
Destory one card what was revived

I could make way better cards if you went into more detail about the game. Like the attacking system, but I love card games, so I could really help you make some maybe.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai card.

Similar to Exodia in Yugioh, where if you have all 5 parts in play and in your hand you auto win.

Text:

"Show Sakurai card to your opponent. YOU WIN!? How is that!? Amazing!"
No, it's a form of mindgaming. The Sakurai card is unpredictable. It pulls out a random card of several types. If the last update was a character update, get a random character card.

If it was a how-to-play update, you teach your opponent how to play, thus making them fall to sleep with bordumb unless it's new in Brawl. If it was Game Modes, new game modes destroy your opponent character, returning game modes without multiplayer (unless it had it before), new options, or online strengthens your opponent, returning game modes with new mulitplayer (no online), it does no damage. If it's a returning game mode with multiplayer and online, it hurts half of the opponent character's health. If it's adventure mode, it changes the field to the smash area. If it's wi-fi, it makes your opponent "lag" (they lose a turn, lol!). If it's a stage, that's the stage you fight on. If it's music, they fall asleep. If it's a notice, one of their cards (random on the field) are destroyed. If it's a character, you get that character. If it's a Sakurai card-then you keep both Sakurais! :laugh:

If it was a double or triple update (on up), chose the type of update. If Brawl's out-random select!

@ Original Poster
O, and you suck, lol! What...you said we could flame you! :laugh: You are almost as dumb as that Johnknight1 guy! :chuckle: What a moron! :psycho: :cool: :laugh:

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
Cards 19, 20 and 26 added.
Could someone create three templates similar to the one already posted on this thread? They look all the same except for color (Deck 1 is red, Deck 2 is Blue and Deck 3 is yellow).

Spellman

Smash Ace
I was going to make an image of a deck consisting only of Fox cards and Final Destination cards using Pokemon Card templates as a joke, but I'm too lazy.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
Wavedash:
Flip a coin. If heads, switch own character card on battle field with character card in hand from same franchise.

Special Move: Swallow
> Kirby
> Standard
> 8% Damage
> 2 pts Knockback
Take any standard special move card or item card from opponent on battle field and apply it to Kirby. Kirby can use this card (including limited item cards) for an unlimited about of time.

If Kirby is at any time given 20% or more damage flip a coin; If tails, special move/item card is sent to opponent's KO pile. If Kirby is KO'd, special move/item card is sent to opponent's KO pile. If Kirby a taunt card is applied from Kirby special move/item card returns to opponent's hand.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
Added some of the suggestions to the first post. I've also changed some minor details.
And I still need someone to do a template for me.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Dude, I made one like this a few weeks back. Mine is more complicated I guess, but it really goes a different route than your game. Check mine out too. This seems like a good idea, if I finish my game anytime soon (doesn't look like it'll be done for a while), I'll certainly help!

Top Bottom