• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros Brawl Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derilian

Smash Rookie
Come on you have to agree with me we get delayed again so this is a pretty **** good time to give us DEMO, the nintendo fans deserve compensation for these delays,
there are also so many people who have never owned a nintendo console before or played a smash bros game that have heard lots about it maybe they want to try the game too
it would add lots more hype to the game and make people more excited.

Besides Nintendo is obviously very OPEN to letting people, they WANT people to play brawl so why not let EVERYONE play brawl. you know we would like to play too not just watch people play. Its not like its impossible to release a demo.

but of coarse nintendo hardly ever releases demo's for anything so this is just wishful thinking. :ohwell:

BigBlackNThunderous

Smash Rookie
i was like you about a month ago with the same idea when they delayed it to feburary. i was so mad and demanded a demo and so did a bunch of people. but now that i think about it, more time = more development = perfect game. if they give us demo (which would be AWESOME), then they might delayed it even more due to the demo. so think again, i've been waiting for a while now and i guess we're all just have to wait a little longer even though we're jealous of JAPAN and PAL!!!

Derilian

Smash Rookie
i know thats why i said it was just wishful thinking did you even read post? or did you just respond after reading title :p

Derilian

Smash Rookie
they dont necessarily have to delay it any longer to produce a demo for us, just give us one of the multiple demo's they have already made.. but ya whatever ... i just wanted to play:confused:

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
no one here signed my petition eh? We were supposed to get 1000 signatures, instead getting 7000+

Either way, not as large as it could have been, but fun to send none the less

I got this message from a Nintendo rep

"We see that you made a petition for the Demo of Super Smash Bros Brawl. Your petition has surprising success. We are impressed. As much fun as a demo would be, the future is unclear. Who knows what will happen? Stay tuned to nintendo.com for all the information on upcoming games for the Wii and DS. Have a nice day.

Ron"

That's the response I got, so no demo. Perhaps we should try again!

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
So...we wait so the Japanese can flaunt their game over us for TWO MONTHS? that's ALL!?!?!?!?!

Why can't there be a worldwide launch. that would be the best course of action. This could ignite World War III!

Derilian

Smash Rookie
im really curious as to what has caused the delay, some people say translation but im sure its not that to cause an entire month more of a gap than before i doubt it, and to produce enough copies of the game... maybe but do you have ANY idea how many copies they can make in one day :p

Desruprot

Smash Lord
It is usually to revise issues within the game, is the reason a game gets delayed...No Demo asside from in the Conventions...

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
We would overplay the demo, and Brawl wouldn't be as good when it came out. So, like it or lump it, you're gonna sit through it, even if you'll be pouting in doing so.

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
They should do what they did with Super Mario Galaxy and only put demos in the actuall retailers' demo boothes...That way, people can get a small nibble of Brawl, and Sakurai doesn't have to worry about being pushed from a building and having "You must recover!" shouted at him...:/

Chromepro

Smash Apprentice
They should do what they did with Super Mario Galaxy and only put demos in the actuall retailers' demo boothes...That way, people can get a small nibble of Brawl, and Sakurai doesn't have to worry about being pushed from a building and having "You must recover!" shouted at him...:/

LOL to that comment about recovering

Snipey

Smash Rookie
i would like a nice brawl movie available on my wii! a demo is clearly asking too much but somethin like they did with the most recent metroid would be spectacular.

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the Brawl demo available only in stores thing, just like SMG. I wish we could download Wii demos...but that's probably asking a bit too much, and streaming something like that feels like it'd be out of the question.

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
They're fixing ike
no demo
me pissed
cant form talkies
plz thou put demo at eb games plz plz plzplzplzplzplz

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
We wait this long, we can hold out 4 little bit longer, plus were going get the Japan spoliers to hold us over until the new launch

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I emailed them about it just like I did when it was delayed to February 10th. But this time they don't need more development time. It's done in Japan (if it's releasing at the end of the month then it better be finished) and the main reasons left would be localization and marketing so they have time to develop a demo for retailers at the very least.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
It's only proper to compensate for the false hopes and lies we've been given by giving us a demo.

I say a demo for America featuring only local multiplayer Brawl mode with the starting roster, and then a few weeks later, a demo for Europe featuring the same multiplayer, plus the first few stages of the SSE, because they have to put up with a lot more than us.

Of course we won't get one, demos to Nintendo is like online to Nintendo (though it seems like they're getting better with the DS).

schlepboogie

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo doesnt owe us ****, no one here has to buy the game. And im pretty sure if a demo came out it would deduct from overall sales of the game. Some people who are not hardcore smash fans would get bored of the game and never bother to buy it. Even some of you idiots who played melee religiously may not like the way it plays and will base it off the first impression you get and not bother buying it at all. And someone said something about the demo just having the starting roster, yea. Thatd be a great move on nintendos part....(sarcasm). could u imagine if there was a melee demo with the starting roster? for a kid with not that much money there would be no point in buying the actual game, atleast for awhile.

I do agree they should try and make it up to all of us pissed off fans somehow, but they are def. not obligated to pleasing us. I mean its not like we all pre ordered and it got scrapped.

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
We wait this long, we can hold out 4 little bit longer, plus were going get the Japan spoliers to hold us over until the new launch
Unless we don't WANT Brawl to be spoiled? That would just take away the fun and surprise of the "CHALLENGER APPROACHING!" screen, going through SSE for the first time, and all of the other secrets...

It's like finding out what you're getting for Christmas a month in advance...It just takes the sense of wonder out of it...:/

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
What they did with Super Mario Galaxy was put the full game into kiosks that had hardware 10-minute timers built-in. People were able to rip the game and upload it a little over a week before its release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom