• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bros 4 Android app

Sorbete

Smash Rookie
I've been working on Smash Bros Android app for a month and a half. I just uploaded to the Play Store, the app has damage data of some characters among other things. Url is in my sig since I cant post links

Last edited:

Lichi

This is my war snarl
It is quite a nice collection of data, though it could need some further information. Maybe you can add known combo's, match ups and such later on (especially when we know about match ups). The app certainly has a polished look to it, but I have 2 minor complaints:
- It would be nice if I could adjust the text font size. For me, the current one is too big, which means on my small 4" phone I need to do a lot of scrolling.
- When selecting characters, you offer a 'go back' button on the top left, but clicking it does absolutely nothing. Would like this to work and also have this function on the other pages. I hate navigating with my phone's sensor buttons.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Drat, me and my IOS phone. Shame, it looks like a great effort!

Zero Suit Roxas

Smash Cadet
NNID
LeBabbo
3DS FC
0748-1742-4057
Any plan on releasing it for the App Store? I *conveniently* just got an iPhone.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I've been working on Smash Bros Android app for a month and a half. I just uploaded to the Play Store, the app has damage data of some characters among other things. Url is in my sig since I cant post links
I hope you're prepared to constantly change your info due to constant patching.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Shame I don't have a smartphone, this'd be a nice lookup when a computer isn't available.

I hope you're prepared to constantly change your info due to constant patching.
Having to change a few numbers by a point or two every couple of months is no big deal. I wonder how many people here play often-updated PC games, and if they gripe about balance improvements there, too.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Having to change a few numbers by a point or two every couple of months is no big deal. I wonder how many people here play often-updated PC games, and if they gripe about balance improvements there, too.
Because Sakurai doesn't release public patch notes, which makes the process more frustrating.

At least, he didn't do it for the first-ever balance patch.

Doeboy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scottzar
Just downloaded it. I really like the look and feel of it. I hope you finish it soon, I want that Samus data!

Sorbete

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the post. I don't own any Apple products sadly I wont be making an iOS version

Sorbete

Smash Rookie
It is quite a nice collection of data, though it could need some further information. Maybe you can add known combo's, match ups and such later on (especially when we know about match ups). The app certainly has a polished look to it, but I have 2 minor complaints:
- It would be nice if I could adjust the text font size. For me, the current one is too big, which means on my small 4" phone I need to do a lot of scrolling.
- When selecting characters, you offer a 'go back' button on the top left, but clicking it does absolutely nothing. Would like this to work and also have this function on the other pages. I hate navigating with my phone's sensor buttons.
Hey thanks for the feedback. Your complaints are also mine lol. I'll definitely try to fix that

D

Deleted member 269706

Nice work here! Appreciate you doing this for us, I'm definitely gonna check this out soon.

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
Please do not forget the kindle fire app store. It is basically just a branch of android.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
With all these requests of porting the app to IOS, amazon fire stuff and the like - do you know that porting is not done in 5 minutes? ;)

Give this poor guy some time to make the app work as intended on Android.

Sorbete

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I won't be making an iOS version any time soon (most likely never) not because I don't want to. Sadly I don't have any Apple products.

I updated my sig with a link to the spreadsheet with moveset data, I can give edit permissions to those who want to help. I'm also coding a simple website that allows the creation of new events. it's possible to choose the event location in the creation site and the display it on the App, that was my original idea but I haven't implement it yet.

On other news I added this app to my resume and it helped me get a job :D I'm really happy.

Zero Suit Roxas

Smash Cadet
NNID
LeBabbo
3DS FC
0748-1742-4057
Yeah, I won't be making an iOS version any time soon (most likely never) not because I don't want to. Sadly I don't have any Apple products.

I updated my sig with a link to the spreadsheet with moveset data, I can give edit permissions to those who want to help. I'm also coding a simple website that allows the creation of new events. it's possible to choose the event location in the creation site and the display it on the App, that was my original idea but I haven't implement it yet.

On other news I added this app to my resume and it helped me get a job :D I'm really happy.
Congratulations on the job!

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Thats cool. Would it be possible to add For Glory Records?

Sorbete

Smash Rookie
No I'm talking about in the app can we see our FG Records?
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand, are those records available somewhere? I don't think I can connect to Nintendo servers and match your google and nintendo accounts :(

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand, are those records available somewhere? I don't think I can connect to Nintendo servers and match your google and nintendo accounts :(
I don't think they are...

Sorbete

Smash Rookie
Cool! Will try and review on Play Store in Spanish so more people can see it in forgein languages :D
Thanks. I'll probably upload today an updated version that includes back navigation in the action bar and little mac data

Sorbete

Smash Rookie
Hey, I updated the App a few minutes ago you can now use the action bar for navigation. I plan to fix the font size in the next update (probably next weekend)

Top Bottom