• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Rankings - Bigger than Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Mario

Smash Rookie
hi guys just made this pro and i want to fight most out you people so watch out im gonna be the best

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
Hey supraking is this competition only for hardcore? I was considering it just to find some Wii pals to smash with as i've been doing on smashboards. Is there anything more casual and friendly? I don't mind competition but im not a expert brawl player I just got the game within a week and I just kinda want to have some fun with friendlies and maybe making friends before I get too serious which may happen in coming months. If you know what I mean?

Also why is it just 1vs1 and team battle? Do people hate 4 player brawls or somethin? 1 vs 1 is good but with anything so far with brawl has been 1vs1 or 2vs2 is their a reason for that? Thanks for considering
The site can definitely be used for friendly/casual matches. In fact, while we've had about 4,000 ranked matches, we've had thousands more friendlies! You can use the match system to send friendly challenges as well as ranked challenges, if you'd like us to keep track of your win/loss record (but it won't rank you). Otherwise, you can just use the forum or our live chat to find and set up battles.

We don't have a 4p FFA ranking board planned (but I'm not ruling it out for the future), but we will have crew rankings. People have played FFA casual matches, however. if you have any more questions, just let me know! =D

someguy12

Smash Journeyman
ok, i have a problem, i can't find any matches!! Ranked, or friendlies. it's just a blank. I'm worried, wut do i do??

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
ok, i have a problem, i can't find any matches!! Ranked, or friendlies. it's just a blank. I'm worried, wut do i do??
Hey, let me see if I can help. So what is blank, your matches queue? You first need to have a user challenge you or you challenge them. You can find matches in a couple ways. You can use the search (Matches, then click search). You can ask around in the forum, the 'Looking For...' board. Or you can use Live Chat, which is the most popular choice. To get to live chat, just click 'chat' on your Welcome bar (where it says Welcome, [name]) next to 'Profile' and 'Buddy List.'

Sending challenges is pretty straightforward, but if you need some help try reading the FAQ or ask a mod in chat.

Hope this helps!

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
is this website like the friend finder?
It's significantly different. We offer ranked matches and record keeping, in addition to matchfinding. You could even theoretically use the matchfinder here at SWF to play ranked matches on our site, assuming both you and your opponent went there to enter the results. Apart from competition, ranked matches end up placing you relative to others in the community and thus allow you to find those near your own skill level, making for better matches.

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
who cares about an awful laggy online rankings system this is infinitely, infinitely sillier than a halo rankings system
Just to be clear.. a halo rankings system is silly, right? =D

Anyways, we'll be moving to a dedicated server and hopefully upgrading chat tonight!

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
it's taking us a little longer than we thought to move to the new server, but we're going to package the move with an update to the rankings refresh script, so that will run smoother as well.

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
it's taking us a little longer than we thought to move to the new server, but we're going to package the move with an update to the rankings refresh script, so that will run smoother as well.
Good news everyone! The server move is complete and we have ironed out the bugs that came along with it. Quick challenge is working again and rankings are refreshing normally. Thanks for your patience!

GameICY1

Smash Cadet
sweet, looks good. i see a new site news graphic and chat looks better, what else got upgraded?

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
The server move was a hardware upgrade, but SBR just got a facelift, with a new top navbar design and banner. Chat also has some improvements, including the ability to jump to a channel from the site and ability to set status (Looking for ranked, friendlies, etc).

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Hum, I might sign up if everyone else does......
conformist...

lol jk

Its a little late for me to check this out now but i think i will this weekend and be the top ranked player in no time XD.

Are we all using this now or the friend finder?

I just want to find the best competition possible.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, Gaki? Like, dutch Gaki who's actual name is Moreno?

If so, I've played with him a couple of times and he really is a beast. He's coming over to my Smashfest this sunday.

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
Wait, Gaki? Like, dutch Gaki who's actual name is Moreno?

If so, I've played with him a couple of times and he really is a beast. He's coming over to my Smashfest this sunday.
Yeah, same Gaki I think. I haven't talked to him recently, tell him to get on AIM more.

supraking777

Smash Apprentice
Match expiration and mutual cancel options have been added and are now fully operational! We'll be putting up match history viewable by anyone soon, so I'll announce when that is up and working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom