• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Bingo - The SSB4 Cast Prediction Forum Game

Should Smash Bingo be 4x4 or 5x5?

• 4x4

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • 5x5

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I certainly don't see why we shouldn't do that. I'll add that to the criteria for prizes.

I really wish I could call them prizes, though. Aside from getting a like or two, these 13 plus entrants are mainly joining out of charity. Still, I'm thankful we've got a healthy lineup so far. If we got 20 entrants before the deadline, I'd say we'd have a very intense game of bingo going on.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm getting bothered by the fact that some people still don't have either a 25 image board or a single image board.

do you think I should do it for them?

EDIT: I did it anyways.
[collapse=Super smash bros. Fan can thank me later]
based on this​

I made this (for Super Smash Bros. Fan, since he still needs it and i'm bored)​
[/collapse]​

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Not sure what to think of this...

Eh, I'll let it slide. SSBF will now be slated for Smash Bingo. Congrats to him and good luck.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Fixed your entry, as well as made readjustments to mine.

I believe I should also clarify something so as to prevent any complaining later.

Characters like Ridley or Mewtwo, regardless of how they show up, still count as themselves. Meta Ridley, Newtwo--they're still Ridley and Mewtwo.
Characters like Toon Zelda / Tetra or Robin & Chrom must show up in the form your space says. If Toon Zelda is confirmed, but Tetra isn't, then anyone with just a Tetra space is deconfirmed. However, if your space is only Toon Zelda, and Toon Zelda is confirmed with Tetra as an alternate form, then your space will count.

Edit: Thought about it and it's unfair if someone's space isn't counted on part of their predicted character also coming with partner. Fixed my point as so.

Unless one can make special arguments for exceptions, this rule will stay in place.

Forget the bingo card that was posted in this comment, I updated it

Both the 25 Piece Card and Single Image Card are posted below

Thanks

25 Piece Board

Single Image Board

READY TO SMASH BINGO!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
READY TO SMASH BINGO!
Thanks for the entry, especially your confirmation remark. Very hammy. I like that. And with that, you're the 16th entry in Smash Bingo. Good luck!

Hopefully we can get 4 more people to join Smash Bingo before the end of 3 days. A twenty-man game of bingo led by Sakurai sounds awesome.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

I'll go ahead and just update this picture as it goes on.

You can trust me, right?

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace

Not really understanding the single image one... but I tried. Did I do it right?
Well ready if so~

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'll go ahead and just update this picture as it goes on.

You can trust me, right?
It's not that I don't trust you, but it's fair policy--I made everyone else make a 25-image board, you do too. Nobody can exactly get a refund for the time spent making their 25-image boards. Sorry.

You can always ask someone else kind enough to make it for you, I guess.
Not really understanding the single image one... but I tried. Did I do it right?
Well ready if so~
Yep, you did it right alright. Welcome to the Smash Bingo crowd. Good luck!
All ready for bingo night (b'--')b
Excellent. Welcome and good luck!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I decided to try this out, so here's a rough draft of my bingo board.

[collapse=25-image board]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Single image board]
[/collapse]

I'll do the final revision over the weekend, once I've fully understood the rules. The Smash Symbol represents the "Free Space", if anyone was wondering.

Edit: Whoops, didn't realize that the 25-image board consists of 25 images, so fixed.

Edit 2: Added the real 25-image board rough draft.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Tried to be unbiased and broad as much as possible... It makes me feel a little sick to have to pad out the bingo chart with trash like Krystal.
[collapse="I regret some things"]
Untitled.png
[/collapse]

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I decided to try this out, so here's a rough draft of my bingo board.

I'll do the final revision over the weekend, once I've fully understood the rules. The Smash Symbol represents the "Free Space", if anyone was wondering.

Edit: Whoops, didn't realize that the 25-image board consists of 25 images, so fixed.

Edit 2: Added the real 25-image board rough draft.
The boards are very fancy and unique, to say the least! Though I must say, the dimensions of your images in the 25-image board might make things look a little messy when Smash Bingo starts. 87x95 are the dimensions of the character pool, which is what gives the 25-image board such an even appearance. 87x95 mixed with 102x102, however, is going to make it less like a board and more like a cluster of checkmarks and characters. I definitely suggest you either resize them or use the images from the character pool.

Aside from all that, you're on the list. Good luck!
Tried to be unbiased and broad as much as possible... It makes me feel a little sick to have to pad out the bingo chart with trash like Krystal.
I know the feeling. Still, it is a game of prediction, and you and I both know how she's still one of the most requested characters...

Anyway, once I get a 25-image board from you, I'll slate you as ready.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The boards are very fancy and unique, to say the least! Though I must say, the dimensions of your images in the 25-image board might make things look a little messy when Smash Bingo starts. 87x95 are the dimensions of the character pool, which is what gives the 25-image board such an even appearance. 87x95 mixed with 102x102, however, is going to make it less like a board and more like a cluster of checkmarks and characters. I definitely suggest you either resize them or use the images from the character pool.

Aside from all that, you're on the list. Good luck!
Thanks for the info. I'll take your suggestion into account when making the final revision.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Anyway, once I get a 25-image board from you, I'll slate you as ready.

Hmm...?

Oh right, that thing.
[collapse="Not sure if this is doing it right."]

Also yes I am aware that the free spaces are technically not the same thing. If it bothers you so much, I'll change the bingo sheet. Also, I find this to be a little redundant, but it's your game so I won't complain.[/collapse]

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Also yes I am aware that the free spaces are technically not the same thing. If it bothers you so much, I'll change the bingo sheet. Also, I find this to be a little redundant, but it's your game so I won't complain.
I'm fine with the different free-space. As long as I can make out your original board in the single-image version, do anything you like.

As for the 25-image version, you'll see why I make everyone do it soon enough. It'll make sense in due time.
Or if you'd read the OP...

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Single Image one

25 image one

This is a really fun idea. I'm excited to see the results!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
This is a really fun idea. I'm excited to see the results!
Glad you think so, and I must say, your free space is so far my favorite. :)

Good job on getting both your boards in on your first post. It saves me time and effort. You've been added to the list. Good luck, you're currently playing against 21 or 22 other Smash Bingo players!

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Glad you think so, and I must say, your free space is so far my favorite. :)

Good job on getting both your boards in on your first post. It saves me time and effort. You've been added to the list. Good luck, you're currently playing against 21 or 22 other Smash Bingo players!
Thanks, I wanted to include the Regginator on my post, because unfortunately he probably won't make it as a playable character. :bee:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Here's my 24 characters-image Bingo card.
legendofrob1 was actually kind enough earlier to make the 25-image board for you. I already had your name in the list and slated as Ready to Smash Bingo.

You should thank him.
I have to say, 4x4 makes a lot more sense... The chances of someone getting five confirmed new characters in a row is remarkably low. Also, it's not like any of us actually have 24 characters that we all expect to get in...
Like I had mentioned before, 4x4 still works in the 5x5 format. All you need to do is arrange them in a way that would most likely get you a bingo. The main difference is that in the 5x5 format, you get 7 extra chances to be correct. Not everyone is going to get a bingo. It wouldn't exactly be special to get bingos if everyone had them just like that, now would it?

Either way, the poll above shows that more than twice as many people want 5x5 than there are people for 4x4. Go make your own game of bingo if that isn't fair enough.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
legendofrob1 was actually kind enough earlier to make the 25-image board for you. I already had your name in the list and slated as Ready to Smash Bingo.

You should thank him.

Like I had mentioned before, 4x4 still works in the 5x5 format. All you need to do is arrange them in a way that would most likely get you a bingo. The main difference is that in the 5x5 format, you get 7 extra chances to be correct. Not everyone is going to get a bingo. It wouldn't exactly be special to get bingos if everyone had them just like that, now would it?

Either way, the poll above shows that more than twice as many people want 5x5 than there are people for 4x4. Go make your own game of bingo if that isn't fair enough.

Sorry, didn't mean to hit a nerve...?

But sure, I might make one and just leave the spots that aren't on the main axes blank.

Edit: Made this in the Roster maker, but I'm way too lazy to turn it into a 25-image board. So, don't put me in the running, but I'm posting this here just for the record and I'll just keep track on my own.

The red boxed ones are characters who I'd like to see in but don't really expect, so I shunted them into the bad spots.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All right, here's the final revision of my bingo board. I rearranged most of the spaces with this one, and followed the size requirements for each space; 87x95 pixels.

[collapse=25-image board]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Single image board]
[/collapse]

The Smash Symbol represents the "Free Space". With that said, I'm Ready to Smash Bingo!.

Edit: Due to Sonic not being allowed in the bingo game, I replaced him with the Wonderful 101 Red Hero.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
All right, here's the final revision of my bingo board. I rearranged most of the spaces with this one, and followed the size requirements for each space; 87x95 pixels.
Excellent work! Except... I noticed that you had Sonic on your board when he isn't in the character pool. Sonic isn't really at risk of being dropped on part of his sheer popularity. For that reason, his space isn't in the pool on part of how everyone would add him knowing there isn't a lot of current incentive to cut him from the roster. I know how it feels like more pain than it's worth, but could you swap out Sonic for a different character instead? I feel bad you had to do this several times, so I'd even made the edits for you if you'd like. We just can't have any Brawl veterans not in the pool is all.
Sorry, didn't mean to hit a nerve...?

But sure, I might make one and just leave the spots that aren't on the main axes blank.
I'm sorry if I came off like you did. I'm just saying that you can do whatever you want on your own if the rules really bother you that much. This is all for fun, anyway. We'd love to have you play with the same terms and rules as us, but feel free to do your own way, I guess.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Excellent work! Except... I noticed that you had Sonic on your board when he isn't in the character pool. Sonic isn't really at risk of being dropped on part of his sheer popularity. For that reason, his space isn't in the pool on part of how everyone would add him knowing there isn't a lot of current incentive to cut him from the roster. I know how it feels like more pain than it's worth, but could you swap out Sonic for a different character instead? I feel bad you had to do this several times, so I'd even made the edits for you if you'd like. We just can't have any Brawl veterans not in the pool is all.
Very well, I'll just find someone to replace Sonic with. I guess my only reason for adding Sonic was because of my concerns that we won't see any 3rd party characters. I'll make a notification when the change is made.

Edit: The change has been made. Instead of making a new post, I simply updated the following post link...

http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...iction-forum-game.336834/page-3#post-15566423

NOW, my bingo board is final.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, there are 22 participants already? We'll have an intense game of Bingo going on soon. :awesome:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just 2 more day's now where I live. I can't wait to get this game starting. :p As well as finding out the new characters of course.:grin:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Very well, I'll just find someone to replace Sonic with. I guess my only reason for adding Sonic was because of my concerns that we won't see any 3rd party characters. I'll make a notification when the change is made.

Edit: The change has been made. Instead of making a new post, I simply updated the following post link...

http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...iction-forum-game.336834/page-3#post-15566423

NOW, my bingo board is final.
Awesome, you're finally ready for Smash Bingo! Except Ridley is too big. Sorry to have asked for so many changes on your board, but all that's finally over with.
So, there are 22 participants already? We'll have an intense game of Bingo going on soon. :awesome:
Yup. I'm really excited. I never imagined that we'd reach this kind of popularity. I honestly saw only 10 or so people joining, but we just kept growing and growing. I actually hope we reach 25 contestants by the end of the 2 and a half days left. I have something special planned for if we do...

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
25 piece board

One piece Board

Note: I added Ganondorf because I believe he is going to get a completely new and revamped moveset this time around, is that allowed?

BTW, Very cool idea, as I've said before, loving this mini-game :D.

I put a lot of thought about my lines and stuff, I have about 2 or 3 completely impossible lines which was what allowed me to have about 3-4 very probable and 2-3 probable lines (all of this in my own opinion obviously) I tried to keep the very probables on the 4 slot lines and the corners, really put a lot of thought into it :p.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Note: I added Ganondorf because I believe he is going to get a completely new and revamped moveset this time around, is that allowed?
No, it is not. Not only is there no current evidence of that, but the OP specifically states that you are not allowed to add any Brawl veterans except for Ike and Lucario. Ganondorf will be in the next Smash Bros., that much is almost fact. Please add a newcomer that wasn't playable in brawl instead.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Okay should I just edit my previous post or make a completely new one?

Also, give me some time as I need to rethink some placements :p.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Actually after having read the rules again, I forgot to add Lucario or Ike to my Bingo Card (which I think both are very likely to appear), so... after making a few adjusments, here is my new card!

25 piece card

One piece card

If everything is fine with this one then:

I AM READY TO DOMINATE THE SMASH BINGO!!!

If not then let me know so I can change it XD.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
My 25-image board:

My single-image board:

Ready to Smash Bingo! Thanks for putting this together. Should be fun.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'll be sure to add you in a bit. I have to leave for the moment.

Also, remember that Chrom & Lucina means they have to come as one character. Just Chrom or Lucina by themselves will not count. You might want to swap in a different space if you're not confident that they'll be a pair.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Yup! The pair-up is a long shot, but I'm gonna live dangerously. The rest of my roster was pretty uneventful, so I figured I should spice things up a bit. :grin:

Top Bottom