• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ballot Round Robin Day 4: Rayman vs. Banjo-Kazooie

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
This is a game I set up just to have a little fun, but it's also to help get a better idea of how much people actually want certain characters.

What you have to do is simply choose the character you would rather have in the game and state your reason. Then, at the end of each day, I'll tally up the votes to see which character won.

There will be a new matchup every day leading up to the Smash Ballot's deadline, so make sure to vote!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Shantae

She has great moveset potential, her games are great, and she is just a loveable character. She isn't a character I absoutetly need (that honor goes for a certain limbless fellow), but I'd be more than happy to have her.

Plus this song needs to be in Smash.

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
Shantae

Both Shovel Knight and Shantae have alot of similarities that could be compared, Moveset potential? check, popularity? yup, originated on a Nintendo console? you got it!, but the only difference i see between the two is that Shantae is further down the road on her series.

Shantae has 3 games with a 4th coming out in the future, where as Shovel knight only has 1, and we don't even know if/when Shovel Knight will be getting a sequel due to the sheer amount of content they have to release for the first one thanks to the Kickstarter Stretch goals. Shovel Knight i feel needs more time to establish himself in the gaming world to actually warrant himself as a playable character in Smash Bros.

While Shantae could also have this argument used against her, She is at least more established than Shovel Knight.

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
Shovel Knight and Shantae are in a similar position in a lot of ways: both are very popular indie characters, both have bright futures, both have loads of moveset potential, and both started on Nintendo.

The big difference between them from a ballot perspective is that Shantae has a longer and more exclusive history with Nintendo. Shovel Knight has one game which is multi platform, while Shantae dates back to the GBC, and still is primarily available through Nintendo eshop.

Since this main difference is a pretty big advantage for Shantae, I'd say she is the easy winner between the two.

Also in terms of buzz surrounding characters, my sense is that while Shovel Knight had a stronger start than Shantae, Shantae seems to be more talked about recently.

Troykv

Smash Master
Mmm... This is hard, both have their own charisma and I have also in both cases a friend that want one of them.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Sorry it took so long, but Shantae won by a landslide.

Next matchup is Anna vs. Daisy.

EDIT: Wrong idiom.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Sadly I missed Shantae vs. Shovel Knight, because I vote Shantae.

Daisy vs. Anna?

Daisy, her fans have been waiting far too long for her. Just base her on the much beloved Mario Strikers and boom, something different other than being not-Peach. I'd prefer no more Fire Emblem characters that aren't named Azura/Aqua, but I'd love if Lucina became a Great Lord in the next Smash and given a shield to declone her.

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
My forerunner for a new Mario rep vs my forerunner for a new Fire Emblem rep.

I'm gonna have to say Daisy just because the moveset I personally envision with Anna is based entirely on luck she is the RNG goddess after all. But the moveset I envision for Daisy does not but utilizes her various sports forms to a point that makes feel unique from Peach and the rest of the cast.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Hi! :)

My vote is for Daisy, definitely we, his fans are waiting a long time for her to be playable.
She with her skills inspired in Mario Strikers or some other spin-off, Princess Daisy must join the battle.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Daisy.

All movesets I've seen of Anna are random cluster**** of weapons not covered yet.
I also prefer Azura by a long shot.

But anyway, Daisy has a lot of potential, her combination of brash and grace would make both a ZSS-like and a Peach-like moveset inappropriate.
Her ties to flowers also give her a hint of stage control.

At least, she could be a Easy Peach, without the ability to float, but with a boost in power and speed.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
While I don't want either, I'd rather have Anna over Daisy. At least she would less likely to be a clone.

DiagonalSpy07

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3754-7248-5911
Daisy

Like K. Rool, Daisy is long overdue for some love. For a moveset I would like to see a combination of her flower motif and her sports experience. If Luigi can come out of Mario's shadow, Daisy can do the same with Peach.

Eggggggggggbert

Smash Apprentice
Daisy. I don't want either of those series' to have additional characters, but there is a much more established desire for Daisy is she's constantly a playable character. I think its fair to see all of the playable characters in various Sport/Party/Kart games to be available. Anna, from my limited knowledge of her, will end up like a disappoint similar to Luciana I would imagine. Either way, I like Daisy enough so I'm going with Daisy (assuming they don't clone-ify her).

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Anna: 3 votes

Daisy: 9 votes

Daisy wins!

Sorry about the random update times on this thread. I usually do it whenever it seems that people have stopped voting.:urg:

New matchup is Chibi-Robo vs. Ray from Custom Robo.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
I've been curious about Ray ever since I saw his trophy in Melee, but I never got round to playing a Custom Robo game. He looks cool, but we have two mechanised lazer-blasting characters already, he hasn't had a game in a while, and I think it would probably be enough to have Ray as a Mii costume. Sorry if I seem ignorant/uninformed about him.

Chibi-Robo seems more unique, using a plug as a weapon, and he has two current generation games plus an amiibo, so I'd say he's both more interesting and more likely. Might be a little weird to see him scaled up, but he's just like Olimar and Alph. (Come to think of it, Ray is also super small, which I guess is why you put them against each other...)

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'm gonna go with Chibi Robo, it seems like it'd be a bit of an oddball fighter, so I think it'd be more fun to play as.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Ray from Custom Robo

I got no love for the tin can with an extension cord. Give me my super tiny super fighting robot.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Ray from Custom Robo. He has a TON of parts to work with and over 10 million combinations of parts thanks to how customizable the games are. He would be a very unique combo fighter that relies on projectiles and spacing to get the job done. Plus, Ray has more games than Chibi Robo (5 vs. 4) and has been around since 1999 (last game was in 06/07 though). So, there's more history for Ray and the Custom Robo series overall.

DeltaLord85

Smash Rookie
I'd have to say Ray. Chibi Robo has cleaning supplies, costumes, and a plug for its main arsenal. Ray has the ability to shoot flaming dragon heads out of his hand (among other things)! That can't be beat.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Chibi-robo for me.I personally think he can be unique plus if ssf2 can do skaurai sure as hell can

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Chibi-Robo: 6

Ray: 3

Chibi-Robo wins!

Again, sorry about the random update times.

The new matchup is between the two most popular third-party picks.

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
C'mooon.. Rayman vs. Banjo.. you just can't do that... but.. Rayman it is...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Banjo & Kazooie...

A suggestion...
In the OP you should add a list of the characters you've done already as well as a list of the winners, and possibly update the OP with the current characters for voting as well...

Zelduh!

Smash Cadet
Rayman for me personally as I grew up playing the games he was in.

Top Bottom