• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 players, regarding Twitter

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
As you may know, Pidge and I are front page news writers for Smash 64. I will have my Twitter posted in the bottom of my articles and if a player follows me, I want to be able to provide them with accessibility to the scene and our community.

I'm currently compiling a list of 64 players for new players to follow on Twitter. So far I have these players,

Local Streamers (please tell me to add you want to be on the list or just ask me to take you off if you don't want on it

Links to Twitch below:

Tourney streamers or host channels. Links below:

If you are missing from this list, post your twitter account so that I can add you ASAP.
-- Only post other people's Twitters if they are okay with it being given to me
If you don't want your Twitter account given out to new players, tell me so I can remove you from this list ASAP.

IMPORTANT:
If you stream 64, I need to know so that I can add you to a special list of 64 players on Twitter. I believe it's important to add those who actively stream so that people can receive news on stream time. That being said, you'll need to tweet every time you plan to stream and when you start streaming. This will allow for some exposure.

EQUALLY IMPORTANT:
I will not hesitate to remove you from this list of people to follow if you start ****posting on Twitter. We don't need that behavior AT ALL in our community. I will remove you at my own discretion.

Seriously, the troll posts and hateful comments towards one another need to be toned down big time around here. I'd rather see stuff like that removed but I'll settle for a reduction for now. If we want more players in our community, then we're going to have to step up our game and put aside our pathetic egos.

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
last bit is directed towards me because of me and pidge on the opinion of brawl

gg bananabolts

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
While we're at it why do 64 players hate on casuals so much? Sometimes it's funny like "ha ha it's ironic we're not really this autistic" but sometimes the line between parody and reality becomes blurred. P.S. you shouldn't use autistic as an insult whoops

BananaBolts

Updated OP. Don't forget to tell me to add you or remove you.

I have a couple of questions:

-- Does anyone know if @ECHOsmashbros streams?

-- @ Soto Soto May I add you to the list of streamers as @LAS_Tournaments?

-- @Bark Sanchez May I keep you on the list of players and streamers as @BarkSanchez64?

-- @Fireblaster Do you stream?

tehz

Smash Apprentice
While we're at it why do 64 players hate on casuals so much? Sometimes it's funny like "ha ha it's ironic we're not really this autistic" but sometimes the line between parody and reality becomes blurred. P.S. you shouldn't use autistic as an insult whoops
wait what do you mean by casuals? How do "casuals" even come into contact with 64 players? idk, most of the dumb posts that people flame seem to be of the "I play other smash games and here's my scorching #HotTake and here's how SSB64 works" etc. People like that aren't casual; they're just naive smash players unaware of their naivety that we've had to deal with for a decade plus.

The most casual things I see are like Let's Plays, and I assume no one even watches those when they're linked to.

Studstill

Smash Ace
YO MAN IMMA LET YOU FINISH BUT @ AthensHorseParty AthensHorseParty JUST TOTALLY I CAN`T EVEN

GReat thread Banana!
I`ll start twittering immediately.​

Last edited by a moderator:

BananaBolts

I just remembered that if you are a streamer, I need your Twitch account too. As of now, I don't have any of them documented so I need some help getting all of them.

Once I finish compiling all of this info, I'll update the OP (clean up the look) so that I can link new players to a full list w/ links to Twitter and Twitch.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
last bit is directed towards me because of me and pidge on the opinion of brawl

gg bananabolts
you're giving yourself way too much credit with respect to how much people care about your opinions. it was about you phrasing your opinion in the stupidest way possible.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Haha relax old chums, I'm talking about stuff like the UK basketball team and the "teenagers play the original smash bros" video but I'm just joshing around of course.

tehz

Smash Apprentice
haha i thought you might be talking about that. everyone loves to hate UK

BananaBolts

Update:

This list is looking good so far. I'll be needing Twitch names too, especially if your name differs from your Smashboards account name i.e. Shears is super_shears on Twitch. Please post your Twitch accounts if you stream or post any accounts that you know stream 64 i.e. LA_Smash, vgbootcamp, etc.

I'll do my best to find a lot of these streamers on my own via searching on Smashboards but if you know of any thing that has changed or is incorrect, please inform me. I'll be back to edit the OP later this weekend so check back in when I add Twitch names.

@ SuPeRbOoM SuPeRbOoM It would be great if you made a Twitter so that you could tweet whenever you plan to stream. It's probably more convenient for viewers than checking for a Smashboards notification. Speaking of streaming, should I add you to the OP as http://www.twitch.tv/edmontongamers?

A QUESTION FOR EVERYONE:
Should I compile regional facebook groups too? Your input is much appreciated on this subject matter.

sextc

Smash Rookie
Seems like an appropriate thread for my first post.

@sextc_iXi - Content posted DAILY. With weekly streams.
@ECHOsmashbros - Revan's account -- he streams his bi-annual tournament series

edit: mfw I realize I'm following everyone on the list already :|

Last edited:

h2o

Smash Rookie
You guys can add me on twitter as well, I'm fairly new so I'm looking forward to seeing updates on everyone and hope to learn much from you guys :).

Twitter: @hwh2o

BananaBolts

You guys can add me on twitter as well, I'm fairly new so I'm looking forward to seeing updates on everyone and hope to learn much from you guys :).

Twitter: @hwh2o
Welcome to the scene! I'll add you to the OP later tonight. :)

BananaBolts

Is Twitter more popular for Smash Bros than Facebook?
Twitter is great for announcing streams or various Smash news articles. It's definitely not too suitable for discussing anything in depth but it's great for tidbits of info. The way I currently see it, Facebook is great for regional groups but Twitter is better for networking the entire Smash community as a whole. On Twitter, you can follow whoever you want and see what they tweet out but on Facebook, you'd have to befriend top players to see what they're posting. Re-tweeting stream announcements is also really helpful for small streams, especially if a big name in the community re-tweets your stuff.

BananaBolts

OP has been updated with a few more people and the links

I started a 'big' stream Twitch section for accounts that host events. It's definitely a work in progress so I may need help. Any contributors are welcome :)

I'm not that close to being done with this thread so feel free to request any additions. Also, check the links to your stuff if I've added you and make sure I got them right.

Top Bottom