• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 online - Me vs omarthecrazykid

TheFclass97

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheFclass97
3DS FC
3625-8979-2481
Hey guys. This is more of a test to see if I could do and show online matches. Turns out I can! heres some video of it, and I hope you enjoy.

PS: I'm still working on my Short hopping and Z-Cancels.. >.<

caneut

Smash Ace
Enthusiasm is something we need here! Hello friend!

We do have a video section of the 64 board. http://smashboards.com/forums/videos.248/

Keep on trying to play! Online is very fun! It seems as though you lag. You want to get off wifi and plug in with an ethernet cord ASAP! Stop all programs running besides pj64k to see if that lags. google 'speedtest' and see if it's alright. You can also only be so far away from a server without lagging on it. We have a dedicated NY, Chicago and Los Angeles server, or you could p2p with anyone near you!

TheFclass97

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheFclass97
3DS FC
3625-8979-2481
I'm curious how you enjoyed playing online with that amount of lag. I could hear and feel it and it made me cringe.
Well, tbh it could have been worse. Also, I found a new version of Project 64 that actually has really good quality connection from where I live (plus a usable server).

Enthusiasm is something we need here! Hello friend!

We do have a video section of the 64 board.

Keep on trying to play! Online is very fun! It seems as though you lag. You want to get off wifi and plug in with an ethernet cord ASAP! Stop all programs running besides pj64k to see if that lags. google 'speedtest' and see if it's alright. You can also only be so far away from a server without lagging on it. We have a dedicated NY, Chicago and Los Angeles server, or you could p2p with anyone near you!
Well, thanks for that. But as far as lag goes, I found a better version of smash 64 online (and Im currently not trying to use mupen anymore, now its pj64k 0.13). Also, I don't have an ethernet cord... since where I live, I don't have taht access to it (for some stupd reason >.<), so I'll have to stick with wi-fi, but so far the new versions work great! Again, thanks for the reply. I'll check out the stuff.

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Well, tbh it could have been worse. Also, I found a new version of Project 64 that actually has really good quality connection from where I live (plus a usable server).

Well, thanks for that. But as far as lag goes, I found a better version of smash 64 online (and Im currently not trying to use mupen anymore, now its pj64k 0.13). Also, I don't have an ethernet cord... since where I live, I don't have taht access to it (for some stupd reason >.<), so I'll have to stick with wi-fi, but so far the new versions work great! Again, thanks for the reply. I'll check out the stuff.
Where do you live? If you have a wifi router to connect to, you should be able to plug into it with an ethernet cord.

TheFclass97

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheFclass97
3DS FC
3625-8979-2481
I'm guessing a dorm that is all wifi.
Nope. Im not even in college...yet.

Its Puerto Rican, wireless internet. I could plug it directly, but I only do that when necessary.

Where do you live? If you have a wifi router to connect to, you should be able to plug into it with an ethernet cord.
My router doesn't support ethernet. I had one that did, but it was defected. I use a usb, internet card thingy, and I live around the Puerto Rico area. I would have to plug the card directly to my PC, but I never do that unless emergency or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

caneut

Smash Ace
My router doesn't support ethernet. I had one that did, but it was defected. I use a usb, internet card thingy, and I live around the Puerto Rico area. I would have to plug the card directly to my PC, but I never do that unless emergency or something.
Sorry well online smash isn't anywhere near real smash, and with wifi delay that's even worse. Don't lose hope!

TheFclass97

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheFclass97
3DS FC
3625-8979-2481
Why would you downgrade?? Mupen > pj64k.
It was just how it felt. Mupen was dragging hard on its fps. PJ 64k just feels extremely smoother.

Sorry well online smash isn't anywhere near real smash, and with wifi delay that's even worse. Don't lose hope!
I won't. besides, its more fun to learn new techniques online (since many players locally aren't a real challenge), and as for my connections, the delay isn't all that bad (or atleast how it use to be).

Last edited by a moderator:

Madao

It was just how it felt. Mupen was dragging hard on its fps. PJ 64k just feels extremely smoother.
For you to say PJ64k is smooth, means something's wrong. First of all, PJ64k might be 1-2% faster than Mupen, but if you care that much about speed, then PJ64k is out of the question. I'd even argue the that audio quality is superior in Mupen, but kailera ruins the audio regardless ;/ . I guarantee that your current plugins and settings are suboptimal.

Try out my package and let me know if it works well. I know there's a duplicate of the default video plugin. I needed to have a duplicate to prevent crashing. Not only will you experience better audio and graphics, but better fps too. Also the default video plugin may not work on your computer, try 1964 Video and Glide64 Final. Jabo D3D8 1.6 should be your last resort, it's the worst out of the 4 video plugins provided. For input, I suggest you use nrage 1.61.

If anything, Mupen64 should be smoother since it's more accurate. Mupen has way less desync.

Last edited:

Morin0

Smash Lord
Madao, I want to try out your Mupen package. I use "Glide64 'Final' Date: May 8 2012" as my video plugin in Project64k. Will it work with Mupen?

EDIT: Never mind. I just saw that it's included. I'll be trying it out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom