• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Legend Isai Confirmed for Beast 7

As of January 5, the Beast 7 compendium has been filled up to the point where Super Smash Bros. legend Joel "Isai" Alvarado can attend Europe's premier Smash tournament.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

As many of you know, Isai has been one of the most influential players in the Smash community since the beginning days of the competitive scene. After the debut of the Smash Documentary, Isai has been a phenomenon in the eyes of many, new and old. After leaving the competitive scene of Super Smash Bros. Melee, Isai has had nothing but utter success in the world of Super Smash Bros. 64, making people have a newly found respect for the title. After a spectacular performance at Genesis 3 and Super Smash Con 2016, the community wants nothing more than for Isai to return to the spotlight and dominate the Smash scene.

In the October of 2016, the team behind Beast 7 announced that the event will feature Smash 64 alongside an active compendium that people can contribute to. A compendium goal has already been achieved is the aforementioned Isai goal, which was set at 1000 EUR.

Author's Note: By reaching this goal, will we see Isai in Grand Finals at Beast 7? Will he go for a JV6 stock with Luigi like he did at Super Smash Con 2016 against WizzRobe? Make sure you tune in to Smashboards for all news regarding Isai and Beast 7!

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh Olalde

Comments

Isai is my favourite 64 player and I love watching him play, so hopefully he gives it his all at Beast 7!

Last edited:
I'm glad to see him back but I don't see Isai dominating 64 anytime soon. I feel like he's more likely to be the Smash 64 version Ken.

I'm glad to see him back but I don't see Isai dominating 64 anytime soon. I feel like he's more likely to be the Smash 64 version Ken.
I wouldn't go as far as comparing him to ken as isai is still a top player in 64 but I agree that the days of him dominating the scene or even taking first seem to be behind him.

Top Bottom