• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 JOUSUKE Number Ranking system.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
So in mathematics there is something called an Erdős number. It is defined as:
Paul Erdős has an Erdős number of 0,
People that have published N joint papers with Paul Erdős have an Erdős number of 1/N.
If you publish a paper with someone with an Erdős number of 1 or less, your Erdős number is 2
If you publish jointly with someone with an Erdős number M >=2, your Erdős number is M+1.
If you havent published a paper jointly, your Erdős number is -∞

Clubba has demonstrated his ineffectiveness at having a ranking system with clearly defined parameters, so I have come up with my own, console only:

Isai JOUSUKE has a Isai JOUSUKE number of 0.
A person that has beaten Isai JOUSUKE N times in a 5 4+ stock match has a Isai JOUSUKE number of 1/N.
A person that has beaten a person who has a Isai JOUSUKE number of 1 or less has an Isai JOUSUKE number of 2,
etc.

Rules: If it's against Isai JOUSUKE , there must be video proof. I will only count matches in 12 char battles where Isai JOUSUKE (or the person with higher ranking) starts with 5 stocks. To obtain level 3 and above, you need to provide video proof or a tournament bracket that shows that you won a match against someone on the list by either you advancing or by a score if it is contained in the bracket. 4 and below can be verified if the level 3 says that you beat them.

The list:
0: JOUSUKE
1: Kikuoshi
2: Isai
2: SuPeRbOoBfAn
3: Gerson
3: Alvin
3: JamieHR
4: Marca
4: Nervios
4: Papitas
5: Capitan Tavo
5: Sensei
6: KeroKoroppi
6: KEYBOARDKING
6: Stranded
6: Stradon
-∞: Clubbadubba:

Kikoushi beat Jousuke in a set back in 2012 or whatever, so Isai becomes a 2 and everyone gets bumped down 1 pretty much. I'll get back to researching this in like a week or 2

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Data:
Genesis 2:
Boomfan: wf=3, gf1=2, gf2=3

Apex 2012:
Boomfan: wf+gf=9
JamieHR: lf=2

Apex 2013:
Kikoushi: wf=3, gf2=3, friendlies = 1
Boomfan: lf = 1

Isai TACNA videos
vs gerson
fox vs rat g won 3,4,8,9 = 4
rat v rat g won 1,2,6,10 = 4
vs Alvin
kirby vs fox #2
pika vs fox #2
vs Nervios
red vs green
vs Marca
red vs blue #4
12 char battle: Gerson Pika, Papitas Luigi

Kabutox

Smash Apprentice
Inui called, said he wants his post back.

Also the rules were pretty clearly defined in clubba's thread later on afaik.

Good luck with this.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
I once beat Isai's DK on saffron city in fake smash.
Fake smash = online? Pretty sure you played malva00 not isai. Plus when you play online how can you know if you are actually playing the person. I know at least 2 people who play as godmasterkirby

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
this is a horribly biased ranking system sorry to say. under your system isai can only ever be #1 if i understand this correctly

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I don't think Isai even considers himself the best.

He just plays ssb.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Well, that's like, your opinion, man.

I'm glad to see that Olikus stepped up to the plate since Surri has been missing. <___<

Olikus

Smash Champion
How are we alike? Pretty sure most people think isai is the best. And yes sherlock Im aware that its my opinion. Thanks for pointing it out.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter what other people think if he doesn't think he's the best, but that's besides the point. Karajan's post heavily implies that Isai is the best, so I mentioned that I don't think Isai even considers himself the best. Then, you come in and say, "WELL, I'M CONSIDERING HIM THE BEST, SO, HA." Like...wtf? Surri did the same type of dumb ****.

Olikus

Smash Champion
No you misunderstood. I just agreed on karajan thinking he is the best. It was my own opinion. I wasnt quoting you by any means.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't think this is a very good thread, and I don't think it'll foster any very good discussions

Olikus

Smash Champion
okay. It didnt fit very well in the conversation though. Cool film nevertheless.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Kikoushi beat Jousuke in a set back in 2012 or whatever, so Isai becomes a 2
Did you mean Isai instead of Jousuke?
I don't think we have a tournament set in video of him losing.
He lost the first game of a set to Ruoka once and that's it.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
I actually like and agreed with this ranking! except i think marca > alvin, and i don't really think all the players that are in 6th are that good (except stradon,he's awesome), and i feel like Ruoka should be there somewhere too!

Top Bottom