• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Article Series

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Hey guys. I'm going to be writing a series of articles on Smash 64 and I'm looking to the community for some ideas. The purpose of this article series is to introduce people to the Smash 64 scene (assuming they have basic knowledge of one of the other Smash games). Current articles I already am planning include:

- Basic overview of the game (compared to other Smash games)
- Advanced tactics specific to Smash 64
- Netplay guide
- Controller guide (N64 vs. Hori, how to grease your stick, etc.)
- Zenith 2014 preview and wrap-up
- Interviews with notable players (who are good interview candidates?)

I'm looking for any feedback whatsoever. Am I missing an important topic? Or do you have a particular idea? Let me know! The goal here is to expand our audience and get more people interested in the game.

Sedda

Smash Champion
The netplay section should include the new site that's stickied for the 64 rankings. Finding matches there is really easy, and the results are always recorded (whether the match was ranked or not). This will be awesome for future reference.

Aside from the obvious players, you should interview at least one of the keyboard warriors.

( ***THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT***) Also, INTERVIEW KARAJAN about his recent trip to Japan and the smash culture over there (online/offline etc). If anything, Isai should be interviewed about Smash in Peru from a high level perspective, but Karajan and Boom will be going this year, so that's also an obvious option if you want to wait that long. The reason for this is because I saw one post on fb from a guy saying "I don't know much about the 64 scene, but isn't it pretty much only Isai and a bunch of people TRYING to get as good as him?" This infuriated me. The sentence should've stopped at "I don't know much about the 64 scene." This pretty much sums up the fact that people DON'T know about these other smash 64 communities (Brazil also comes to mind) that have world class players and active tournament participation. This is the most important part that should be displayed in your article imo. People are simply unaware of all of this.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Sounds good. Let them know that stuff like parrying came from 64. And that players like aMSa originated from 64 (from what I heard).

But yah I support the idea of you writing about 64 since you're a fairly well known melee name.

You're a good guy nintendude. Except when you have your occasional dictatordude moments.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
you should, your articles suck ass, wut. Plus Dictatordude is way way way more well known in the Melee community/general smash community, so more chance of those players actually giving 64 a shot.

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
This sounds interesting! I though that Cobr's articles were great, I hope that yours will be just as good! :) I definitely like the idea of interviewing people. That would be really cool.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Sounds good. Let them know that stuff like parrying came from 64. And that players like aMSa originated from 64 (from what I heard).
no ****. in one of those amsa-is-so-good threads, i saw a guy writing "you see how he crouches before parrying? blablabla. it's nice to see he's picking up on the brawl techniques"
****ing lol

Top Bottom