• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 5... the unbalanced and unfair

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheex919

Smash Rookie
aight, so im just here to state "my opinion" so keep those two words in mind. basically, smash 5 is the most unbalanced and unfair smash in the series besides brawl metaknight and 64 kirby. alrighty so let me get started.

1: FE sword characters. hahahahahahahahahahaha is what i feel about them. dancing blade is a joke now no dmg or confirms, and now it's just dancing blade spam and short hop f-air. i mained marth, until i couldn't find anything that could combo into a short hop > fair unless it's another shorthop > fair. and this applies to all of marth's clones (basically all of the FE reps) robin turned into a running arc-thunder/thoron machine, and ike is too slow unless you fair or neutral air... so yea, i dunno what people are complaining about when it comes to FE reps with them having lost all their confirms...

2: the "other sword characters that dont use projectiles" they're useless, cloud gets out-prioritzed, short-hop u-air doesnt work anymore, and shulk is pretty useless cause he's pretty easy to punish. either that or my 3.65million gsp is lying to me since i see almost no clouds or shulks there.

3: the "projectile" ok, the links... ooohh boy. they are infesting gsp 3mil - 4mil. and they are basically the sharks. people say "just get close" but you see, how do i get close, when smash 4 perfect shielding is gone? in fact, how do i get close when DIRECTION AIR DODGE IS A THING. or how about i get close, when their boomerang comes out every second and i will get punished if i land one attack since the boomerang comes back. you say to get close, but keep in mind, they usually play on a stage with platforms. you also have to keep in mind, that their bomb has an infinite fuse and has a hitbox the size of two ridleys. i hate this unbalanced section the most. the belmonts, impossible to approach with fist characters and somewhat with sword characters. has a pk fire, catchable, but hard to do when you're running at them trying to get close, and their chain is OP as hell. then zelda spammers make it so they'll never get hit, neutral B keeps projectiles away, built in teleport that you cant predict well since it goes in all directions, has phantom so they cant get close cause phantom will gurantee hit if any character hits you and doesnt destroy the phantom on the 1st hit. countering doesnt work, since it's zelda. ganon especially struggles with this type. lucas pk freeze spam is a gurantee kill at 60-80% depending on weight class, ness's pk fire spam now has a suction so you'll at least eat 2-3 pk fires if you get caught along with 2-3 fairs which makes 40-50% of free dmg for him. and i get it, you're yelling at me get good, or use anti-projectile moves such as reflectors, capes, counters, but you have to keep in mind, most characters that have them are fist fighters, which they are countered because apparently, 2 projectiles come out faster than 2 counters/reflectors, or are either FE characters, which i've explained above.

4: the fist fighters are somewhat balanced and somewhat not. Mario's f-air is more generous sure, but he lost most of his f-air confirms and his downthrow is useless as well as his up-tilt combo and u-air combos since direction air-dodge is a thing. street fighters are ok, they're strong, have a projectile, and a lot of confirms, they're ok. wario is useless cause this is literally the "range meta" where sword characters or projectiles are the thing. Little mac is stupid op, since he cant get flinched, this applies to all characters with super armor...

5: King k rool the "best character"? ok, this guy has a counter, a heavy, the best recovery in the game, super armor aerials, two projectiles, a move that out prioritizes everything it outranges and goes through shield, outprioritizes everything, even cloud, has a trample, has a D-smash that can beat everything in the game, and is pretty much consistent in both winrates and confirms. i dont know what sakurai was thinking, making a HEAVY character like this.

6: the joke characters. this is what is funny to me. pichu is better than pikachu. how? he's faster, smaller hitbox, and has more confirms than pikachu. jigglypuff is good/ok without rest and stays in the air all the time, but she has no rest confirm so phew... so if you play someone who isnt good in the air, you're shinderu.

7: the sht characters, shiek, rob, etc. nerfed. banished to the shadow realm. failed to collect the seven dragon balls and chaos emeralds. got caught by snake.

8: the balanced characters: there are none, they're all broken in their own ways, but there are characters that're more broken than others.(get the reference)

9: unbalanced and unfair game that is basically league of legends on the switch, but that doesnt mean it's not fun locally. after all, it is a family friendly game.

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Rant threads are not allowed. Your thread will be locked soon. Git gud.

-Barack Obama.

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
Pro players rant less than you. Just accept some things have changed and still need some balance. Nobody forces you to play this game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Rant threads are not allowed.

Nor is "git gud" posts, "inb4locked" type posts. These types of posts(among this paragraph) will be treated as spam. My suggestion is to either respond constructively to their points or not respond at all. Rant threads are not allowed, but that doesn't mean you can make spammy posts in them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom