• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Wii U character recommendation for me?

AlphaQHard

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I dont have the game but im planning on going to a friend house to play it. Which character do you recommend for me?

-In Smash 64(i used to play at a friends house) i mained Kirby for his Easy to learn recovery, spike, easy edge guard.Also for his fast, good range, powerful Forward smash
-In Melee(i have this game) i mained fox but then i switched to falco for the easier short hop. I like Falco's laser for camping, spike, easy to learn recovery, back air, fast, good range, powerful Forward smash
-In Brawl(i used to play at a friends house) i used Pit for his awesome recovery, arrows for camping, and forward smash.

To sum it up
I like characters with a
- fast, good range, powerful Forward Smash. This is the most important for me.
-good recovery
-good killing moves at any percentage
-projectile but not necessary
-fast, sex kick back air like Melee's Falco B-air
-No characters with swords
-Top tier or mid tier
-spike
-no super slow moving charcters
-good dash attack
-good at edgeguarding

-not necessary but fast rolling would be nice
-not necessary but i like to camp
-Never liked Ness's/Marios Up B recovery so not them

Some potential characters i can see myself using shiek, yoshi, diddy kong, duckhunt, villager, megaman, pacman, bowser jr and mr game and watch if he's attack are strong like in brawl.

Thank you so much for reading. Ive seen tournament play for Smash 4 and seen the movesets for some characters on youtube, but im still don't know who to try. I know Smash 4 is still new, but any character suggestion would help. Peace.

Last edited:

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
You aren't going to learn who you like just by watching videos, gotta actually try out the characters yourself. I would recommend just playing with everyone and seeing who you like. Diddy does seem to fit your requirements though.

Vash_VisionZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vash_VisionZ
3DS FC
4596-9838-7829
Projectiles aside, Captain Falcon sounds like somebody you should try out. They buffed him significantly from Brawl so he is more similar to his Melee incarnation.

Mrkaoz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrkaoz
Just try out every character in the game. I always preferred Link above everybody else. But I played with ZSS once for fun and now it's my main. Unpredictable, that's why I love this game.

Top Bottom