• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Taunt Tier List (v0.0.1)

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
ZSS should be higher in my opinion. "Is that all? Is that all? Is that all?"

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Are we counting pseudo-taunts like Ganondorf's Up-Smash or King Dedede's crouch?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Dark Pit, ZSS, and MetaKnight should be moved up at least to E tier seeing as how they actually talk.
"Who Wants Some!?" "FIGHT Me!" "Your mine T3T"

I'm biased to move Little Mac to S tier because my friend mains him and incessantly taunts, but there's not much else little mac can do while waiting for opponents to get back on the stage and his taunts are pretty quiet. Also hearing Doc Louis cheer him on is more amusing than annoying.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Tier list based on overall character taunt game (not official). You're welcome. q:^)

Captain Falcon S+ tier, and Kirby and ness S tier, and Fox A tier, for campers

-Red Team:Fox, Ness, Blue Team:Captain Falcon, Kirby-
Fox:Camps in spot

Captain Falcon:Come on! Show me your moves!

Ness:Okay

Captain Falcon: Continuesly uses Up taunt

-One Minute Later-

Fox:Here I go!

Fox stops camping

Kirby:Hi!

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario needs to be higher...

He can arm roll a mean pill. Pound the knot of of his shoulder. AND not to mention put out an imaginary cigarette with his shoe.

He definitely needs to be higher than Charizard...

blackghost

Smash Champion
TALK is cheap.
I'm really feeling it
peach troll dance.
wii fit trainer everything.
villager dance.
and rosalina taunts are weak she should be lower (at least she is low tier at SOMETHING)

Last edited:

Atm0s

Smash Cadet
NNID
GreenStarMario
3DS FC
1075-0882-2177
Captain Falcon NEEDS to be S tier. Falcon Punch to "Show me ya moves" is godly.

Silxer

Smash Apprentice
I feel ZZS should be at least a bit higher, since I find the "Is that all?" taunt pretty :salt:, also it woks pretty combined with a a few other character's taunts which makes it pretty good in 2v2's:

For example using Pit's taunts:

*After beating the enemy team*

:4pit:: "Come on!"

:4zss:: "Is that all?"

:4pit:: "That all you got!?"

*Enemy team suddenly feels :salt: for losing*

:4zss:: "Ohh my..." :troll:

Also, :4peach:'s dance taunt is pretty amazing and trollish. :troll:

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
:4zelda: should be MUCH higher .. "her See ya later!" wave is a perfect follow up after a perfect heel!
:4ness: and :4lucas: should switch spots, "okay"?

ESC Artiste

The One Who Smashes All
NNID
Ember
3DS FC
1435-6612-4647
I have only seen two or three mentions of Ike being higher. His "Prepare Yourself" after getting a kill is downright trollish. Not to mention that his down taunt when he throws his sword to the ground, looks down at you while crossing his arms...ouch. I will admit that Shulk needs to be MUCH higher. All of his taunts are funny as hell, and because of this can be abused as much as Cpt. Falcon's "Show Me Your Moves!!", it can cause death from an over-abundance of rage and laughter. So...what I'm trying to say is "Prepare yourself, because I'm really feeling it!!" Oh, and the occasional Backslouche (even though it isn't a taunt). :grin:

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I think Mii Gunner's taunt game is good just because *reloads gun*. And it's so fast that it's basically safe to taunt anytime.

Kirby is S-tier. Left-right dance is OP, "Hi!" Is OP but is nerfed from Brawl, and crouch makes the most annoying sound.

Falco's taunt game is even better than it was in Brawl IMO. "Get some!" Is too good.

Ryu's "Talk is cheap!" is really annoying if spammed.

If victory poses count, then Meta Knight needs to be way higher, even if his sword SFX are nerfed to the point of sounding like plastic. His "FIGHT ME!" is a heck of a lot less threatening when he sounds like he's waving a plastic toy around. That said, "Come back… when you can put up a fight!" is even more awesome than it was in Brawl.

They had all kinds of material to make Roger Craig Smith's taunts just as OP as Brawl Sonic's, but they didn't use it. Imagine if his side taunt was "Aw, couldn't keep up?" and his down taunt was "That was pretty fun!" Plus there's "What, it's over? That was fast!" as a victory pose. Or worse, "And somehow, it always ends like this." Also, his taunt game would be better if he did gratuitous tricks when landing a Homing Attack like in actual Sonic games.

Roy very much wants you to know that he is a Marquis, and will never tire of reminding you of such.

Ike's taunt game is less OP due to his redesign and his nerfed sword SFX, I feel. And it needs more "You're through!" on a successful counter like in Project M.

Lucina's taunt game should definitely be top-tier. "Come at me!" and "I cannot lose!" are both too good, even though they're totally out of character. Now if only she'd leave her mask on after that taunt.

Edit: I thought Roy was saying something about being Marquis of Pharae ("Boku wa Marquis" something) but actually I'm entirely wrong on that. What he's actually saying is "Boku wa makenai!", which means "I will not lose!"

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Rob's up-tilt over and over and over again really pisses people off on For Glory. That should keep him locked in the A tier for good.

Boost4u

Smash Cadet
Wario deserves to be S tier because his up taunt is trolly, his down taunt is best suited for people that are becoming a try hard during a match, and his side taunt is downright immature. Also you can taunt on his bike. Everytime I take a stock in FG the opponent tries to respawn with the first hit but I just jump and spawn the taunt bike. Neutral B is so funny by the ledge. It stops their get up attack and their normal option (sometimes their jump) if you get them you can follow up with a taunt as they try to get back on the stage. Also uncharged wafts are nice to spam if you are feeling ballsy.

Palutena's taunts are nice. Side taunt everyone.

Ganondorf should be on the same tier as Palutena. His laughing taunt sounds cruel and funny, and his mindless grunts on his other taunts are neat. His real gem is his crouch because it closely resembles t-bagging.

That's my thoughts and if you noticed, this is the Triforce of Laughers. All three characters mentioned have a laughing taunt AND a laughing victory pose!!! I have yet to get all three laughing victory poses in a row.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Wario deserves to be S tier because his up taunt is trolly, his down taunt is best suited for people that are becoming a try hard during a match, and his side taunt is downright immature. Also you can taunt on his bike. Everytime I take a stock in FG the opponent tries to respawn with the first hit but I just jump and spawn the taunt bike. Neutral B is so funny by the ledge. It stops their get up attack and their normal option (sometimes their jump) if you get them you can follow up with a taunt as they try to get back on the stage. Also uncharged wafts are nice to spam if you are feeling ballsy.

Palutena's taunts are nice. Side taunt everyone.

Ganondorf should be on the same tier as Palutena. His laughing taunt sounds cruel and funny, and his mindless grunts on his other taunts are neat. His real gem is his crouch because it closely resembles t-bagging.

That's my thoughts and if you noticed, this is the Triforce of Laughers. All three characters mentioned have a laughing taunt AND a laughing victory pose!!! I have yet to get all three laughing victory poses in a row.
You can control your character's victory pose by holding the control pad in either the left, right, or up positions as the match ends, if using either the GamePad or a Gamecube Controller. The timing is fairly strict though, far moreso than it was in Brawl. You basically have to start holding the direction on the control pad immediately before the foe loses their last stock or the timer runs out. And of course, it only works if you win; you can't influence the victory pose of another character.

Last edited:

Boost4u

Smash Cadet
You can control your character's victory pose by holding the control pad in either the left, right, or up positions as the match ends, if using either the GamePad or a Gamecube Controller. The timing is fairly strict though, far moreso than it was in Brawl. You basically have to start holding the direction on the control pad immediately before the foe loses their last stock or the timer runs out. And of course, it only works if you win; you can't influence the victory pose of another character.
Thanks! Imma test that out on lv.1 CPUs to see which direction I have to input for the right pose. Does this work on 3DS?

Also just for this thread, WFT's taunt can overpower the game set screen. If you taunt right before your opponent's last stock is taken, you will still here WFT's voice after the announcer says "game". Just something to keep in mind.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Excuse you, but how is Dedede NOT the best character when it comes to taunts?

Not only does he have 4 taunts as opposed to the regular 3, he's got a taunt infinite that true combos into dTilt at any %. To top it off, it doesn't lock him into an animation and he can jump or shield out of without any delay.
That's the most OP taunt there has ever been!

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion

Not only does he have 4 taunts as opposed to the regular 3, he's got a taunt infinite that true combos into dTilt at any %. To top it off, it doesn't lock him into an animation and he can jump or shield out of without any delay.
Not THE best, but certainly one of them

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord

Actually he has five taunts. His dtilt (they see me rollin') is practically a taunt in itself!

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
The character that salts my popcorn is peach. "La lala lala la" repeated over and over any time she hits me away ooooooo..... *sighs* I'm cool. But if she wins the match she will say "oh... Did I win?" Like some dumb **** uuuuuugg!!!!
She rightfully has her spot in S tier.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Depends on how you are rating the taunts.

If its witty comments or something of that nature, thats like 3 tiers since a lot of taunts dont even speak (grunts dont count).
If its based on the humility of the taunt, then how the heck is DK/Dedede not top tier lol. DK's downtaunt is seriously the most insulting taunt ever (my siggy lol) and Dedede's crouch is better than any taunt by a long shot lol.

Bennext

Smash Cadet
Luigi should be on top.
Kirby also has that competitive use for taunting to discard your star power.
:pikachu: is cute taunt

How come online I can't use 3 taunts in a row? It really stifles these competitive taunting.

Wofye

Smash Rookie
I love Palutena's taunt, she just pole dances and laughs at you, it's pretty condescending.

Top Bottom