• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Taunt Tier List (v0.0.1)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Zelda should be higher for the Wave taunt alone. It's multipurpose!

Saying hello, goodbye, waving at someone falling, waving at a spamming noob in roll glory, hidden behind the Phantom...

And you can also taunt with Din. The taunt and the actual B-move! :awesome:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorfs sword taunt should be in top 10
Ganondorf is making sure everyone knows he's packin' heat. Or as close to heat as you can get with a sword, but heat none the less.

Getting back on topic, Duck Hunt needs to be at least A-tier, IMO. No one can deny the appeal of the old Muttley laugh.

Plus, if you pull the right gunman, it works as a throwback to Dastardly. Wow I know too many worthless things to reference .-. . Somebody stop me.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Luigi deserves his own tier. His up-taunt is maybe the greatest taunt ever whenever I beat people on Smash Ladder they always get pissed in the chat after I taunt them. Not to forget his legendary down-taunt which can spike.

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
Fox should bump down a tier or two solely because his only decent taunt, the "Come on!", is the opposite of taunting with his voice actor. Just sounds completely silly to be completely honest, and push King DeeDeeDee up his taunts are top tier for sure.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
I think Doc's commentary should place Mac a little higher. Also why are Zero Suit Samus and Meta knight so low? Also Rosalina should be a little lower.

Last edited:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I think Ryu could stand to be a little higher. Also, what is ROB doing so high? Never really cared for his taunts.

Morbi

Scavenger
Falco has the best taunts in the game, I mean, he actually TAUNTS opponents. *As he passively juggles his reflector... with his feet: "piece of cake." *As he readies his come at me bro pose: "get some!" His last one is the least taunt-y, but also the most iconic. I mean, ****.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Why is Ike not S-Tier.
PREPARE YOURSELF.
Also his up taunt.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Falco has the best taunts in the game, I mean, he actually TAUNTS opponents. *As he passively juggles his reflector... with his feet: "piece of cake." *As he readies his come at me bro pose: "get some!" His last one is the least taunt-y, but also the most iconic. I mean, ****.
IMO, falco should be lower due to the voice actor change.

Brawl falco would be s+ if the landmaster line counted as a taunt.

Jeeble

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jeeble
3DS FC
4227-0772-2000
how is dr mario last tier, he stomps the ground like oh whAT THE HECK

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Pikachu ought to be mid or mid-high. I mean the electrical discharge taunt is run of the mill but his rolling over taunt is ****ing adorable and the waving to the camera one can be pretty annoying for other people.

ALSO HOW IS DONKEY KONG NOT S TIER IN THIS?? By itself his down taunt is the best in the game no question.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Greninja's Dtaunt can actually combo into uair and usmash, and can stop Flare blitz and PKT2 in their tracks. Puff's Dtaunt makes her duck the lowest in the game. Puff should be a little higher, and Greninja should be S tier :p

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Duck Hunt for S tier. I think we all know why.
Bowser Jr. for at least B tier. Side-B to Down-Taunt and Up-B/Up-Air to Side-Taunt are some of the greatest combos in the game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina's "Mmhmm".

Also her other taunts are great as she just plays with her murder child after it just destroyed you.

And not to mention her crouch walk...

Also when I win a match, I like to Launch Star off at the last second.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Zelda freakin' waves. She needs to be placed higher.

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
This tier list. . . This tier list could change the whole side of the competitive scene as we know :smirk: Goodbye Shiek and Rosalina and welcome Luigi, Wario, and Peach

For real though no matter what character, taunts can be a cruel (but great) thing

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
How is Wii Fit Trainer not S tier? "Let's stretch our legs" is the best taunt in the game.

D

Deleted member

Ness should be a lot higher.
Any kill and taunting "OKAY" immediately after will cause salt for anyone.
Ryu should be higher too. "Talk is cheap."

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
I personally think Falcon, Shulk, and Sonic all deserve S tier. Peach seems more like an A. ROB and Lucas should move down, and Ness, Ryu, and Greninja should move up.

I was gonna make this. ;)

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
Doc should be much higher...He's an absolutely scumbag. Patting himself on the back, and squishing you like a bug, then on the victory screen he leans over and "Hmmm's" at you (when holding right on the D-pad), which is super trolly.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I think DK, Captain Falcon, Wii Fit Trainer, and Shulk are all obvious contenders for S tier. DK's down taunt seems like the clear best taunt in the game to me, but CF, WFT, and Shulk all have more tools than DK to mix things up if they're getting predictable, so the top spot is really anyone's guess. With non-traditional taunts included, Dedede easily fits in S tier with his incredibly versatile crouch. Rosa's crouch walk also borders on auto-S tier due to how absurdly safe it is.

I feel Ness, Luigi, Wario, Peach, Kirby, Jiggly, Rosa, and Duck Hunt are all at least High tier. Maybe Sonic, but the nerf from Brawl hit his ftaunt hard. Greninja has the damaging taunt thing going for him, and Mac gets a solid boost from Doc Louis, but I'm still not sure they can compete against the likes "Oh-kay" and "Hoo-ha-hee-hey-hoo"

My worst taunt nomination goes to Samus. None of her taunts are really mocking or amusing, at least to me. They aren't even particularly cool looking. Ol' Samus can't catch a break.

GeniusPhoenix

Smash Rookie
I think Zelda's down taunt is pretty high tier. She waves goodbye to you after a KO. May not be disrespectful but it's really cute, tbh. May induce rage in weaker willed people.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Using your list as reference, I've created one of my own:
S - :4falcon::4luigi::4wario::4shulk::4dk:
A+ - :4ness::4wiifit::4palutena::4kirby::4sonic::4greninja::4gaw::4peach:
A - :4dedede::4myfriends::4villager::4ganondorf::4duckhunt::4falco::rosalina::4ryu:

B+ - :4pikachu::4fox::4diddy::4megaman::4jigglypuff::4lucas:
B - :4darkpit::4zss::4lucina::4mario::4pit:
C+ - :4metaknight::4robinm::4marth::4tlink::4pacman::4bowser::4feroy::4yoshi::4littlemac:
C - :4mewtwo::4lucario::4link::4drmario::4olimar::4miigun:

D - :4rob::4bowserjr::4zelda::4miibrawl:
E - :4miisword::4sheik::4charizard::4samus:

Last edited:

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
Luigi should be ss+ broken because his taunt can spike for a clutch kill

peach should s tier because the "la la la la la la" is both so damn cute and so damn disrespectful XD

i dont know how rob got to a i can barely ever tell that the hunk of metal is taunting, switch places with greninja just his actually can do some damage

and of couse its not really a taunt but come on how is jiggly not up with luigi if not maybe s+ because one which is a rest you send your enemy flying away into the atmosphere while she catches up on some much needed sleep ASWELL dispite her being a balloon she completely deflates herself and lets her corpse hit the ground like someone popped her just to fill herself back up like its a "loljk" moment?!?

jiggly=broken please nerf

Man of shame

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ManOfShame
Dedede has to be banned from this tier list,he's like the brawl Metaknight. He has a taunt infinite by just holding down he's always smiling except for fully charge down B or in pain and he could dance by dashing left to right.

Top Bottom