• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Taunt Tier List (v0.0.1)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We're rating characters based on how much rage they can induce? :laugh:

Sonic should be higher. YOU'RETOOSLOW YOU'RETOOSLOW YOU'RETOOSLOW YOU'RETOOSLOW

:231:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We're rating characters based on how much rage they can induce? :laugh:

Sonic should be higher. YOU'RETOOSLOW YOU'RETOOSLOW YOU'RETOOSLOW YOU'RETOOSLOW

:231:
Amen. Sonic's taunt game may have been nerfed from Brawl due to the removal of "You're too slow," but he's still very annoying to taunt against. He's S tier at least, though I think he has the potential to be broken and be S+ tier.

jcbamaral

Smash Rookie
NNID
jcb.amaral
That Villager dance is so humiliating, it should be S tier.

D

Deleted member 269706

If we're referring to the quality of taunts, Falcon should be on top, Sonic on bottom. If we're talking about forms of disrespect, Falcon should still be on top, alongside Sonic. Ness, Jiggs, Mario, and Bowser should all be much higher as well.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
How is DDD not S tier ?
He literally has an infinite taunt.

D3 is top tier everywhere in every game, even the ones he was not in, anyway.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong, Kirby, King Dedede, Captain Falcon, and Shulk should be S tier.

S Tier:Shulk, Captain Falcon, Luigi, Donkey Kong, King Dedede, Kirby

And Greninja should be higher since his down taunt is an attack as well.

ChefKef

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hayesey
3DS FC
3368-2641-2915
In all honesty, Mario should be lower, Mewtwo should be lower, Ganondorf lower, Math lower (desu) Pac Man WAY lower, Game and Watch lower.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Greninja should be considerably higher. Not only does he have a taunt that does damage (like Luigi) but it also mixes well with his side-B.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It actually looks real good. I'd put the Queen of Saltyness Jigglypuff a little bit higher and I'd put Doc up a higher too because I love how subtle he is with his taunts.

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258
Charizard is probably F-tier. Honestly, his taunts consist of him stomping the ground and growling. Maybe he flaps his wings! But it's just so generic.

And Dedede for S-tier.

Looking forward to how this turns out.

Last edited:

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
Mac should be a little higher, don't ya think? His infinite jab is pretty annoying...

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
Falcon, Shulk and Donkey Kong should be S tier. Maybe Ness could be higher because Bthrow to ''Okey'' is guaranteed to generate salt. Dedede's crouch is near broken, should be S+ tier, and because of countless people doing Rosalina's ''Mm hmm!'' I'd put her a bit higher.
(Are we really doing this?)

Last edited:

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina ought to be higher. 'Mhmm' spam is OP.

I don't see how MK could possibly be last. That voice tho....

ZSS has great taunts. Yeah, they're annoying, but that's what makes them great.

Roy ain't that much higher than Marth.

Captain Falcon and Shulk belong in a tier above everybody else. (Maybe Luigi can join them.)

F tier, in no particular order: Sheik, Samus, Dr. Mario, Charizard

jcbamaral

Smash Rookie
NNID
jcb.amaral
Not biasing or anything, but puffs rest should put her at the very least in A, maybe S tier. The pain of dying while the cute balloon sleeps peacefully...

Yojimbosan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yojimbosan
Cpt. Falcon for S tier (has the original rage inducing taunt)
Villager dance is top A tier
Maybe Ike a bit lower
Wii fit higher for leg stretch taunt and how loud her vocals become when taunting. It's also just good advice.
I like Lucario's kung fu stance down taunt. Anyone with a kung fu stance is badass.
And I wouldn't mind Yoshi being higher. Are his taunts adorable or rage inducing? I think pretty evenly both.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I honestly think Bowser Jr. should be lower. I main Iggy, and despite loving the character himself and his moveset/playstyle, his taunts are lackluster and I'm not a fan of them.

Mr. G&W would be higher, but unfortunately they lowered his volume from Melee/Brawl. His bell taunt was super loud in those games and I loved it, but alas they nerfed it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mr. G&W would be higher, but unfortunately they lowered his volume from Melee/Brawl. His bell taunt was super loud in those games and I loved it, but alas they nerfed it.
Did they really? Huh. I guess I really have abandoned the poor guy...

Zelbur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zelbur
Zero Suit Samus's "Is that all?" taunt is pretty disrespectful, especially if you owned the opponent or they SDed.

jcbamaral

Smash Rookie
NNID
jcb.amaral
repeating an attack for the sole purpose of annoying your opponent is considered a taunt
Which should make Roy tier A. Spamming B after a kill is a need. Also, honestly WFT's existance is a taunt by itself. at least tier A.

Acj1

Smash Rookie
NNID
Acj1000
3DS FC
2638-1469-7526
"Come at Me" isn't at S tier?

Ryuki of Spiral Rhapsody

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
I know these aren't taunts, but we really need to also acknowledge other stupid things a character can do to induce high amounts of sodium.

As someone said, King DeDeDe has the best crouch in the game.

What about characters dancing when you tilt left and right gently

What about really bad crawling animations when you crouch and mash left and right

.... That all aside, I am very glad Wario is very high on this list.

EDIT:
I think Ryu should be higher as while his Up Taunt and Side Taunt are tame, Down Taunt can really provoke someone

Last edited:

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
Little Mac should be S tier because Doc Louis sometimes talks with them.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I agree that Wario is S tier. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is more disrespectful than straight up laugh in your enemies' face as they get KO'd.

Last edited:

Enemy Birds

Smash Cadet
Greninja ought to move up a tier. His down-taunt looks enough like a shrug to potentially be really annoying, and you can also use it to mess up other people's taunts!

Top Bottom