• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The only languages I want to learn are Japanese, German, Dutch and Polish (specially because the last one is the hardest to learn)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I never thought of that :laugh:

Although English does have some genders (with the pronouns)
no, i meant the what you call article.

For example, "le bourse" is invalid, but "la bourse" is. It is supposed to sound very bad to say "le" which in this case it does. It is called a main noun. If it was "la" which is this case it is, it is a female noun.

The problem is the " l' " (it's l with an apostrophe) which could mean both.

And several cases are confusing. Like "escalier" (it's stairs in French), do you say "un escalier" ou "une escalier"? It's not really obvious from the get go.

Another huge difficulty is doing stuff. A lot of times, the gender of subjects or noun is passed to other words which is why you see adjectives with either gender. Like "blanc" is male while "blanche" is female, but they both mean the EXACT same thing which is the color white.

Now, that is jsut genders.

Try to teach the past participle grammar to an English people....ah hours of fun!

I think we got it's sarcastic, it's actually the most confusing thing I saw ever and you will wonder why it's so complicated....idk.

The good thing about French is you can say several stuff with lots of different flavor....

Last edited:

MasterBlu

Smash Cadet
How does one go about beating For Glory? I feel like I don't even play people, I just play against the lag. Was practicing the item dash with Megaman before hand and couldn't pull it of once in For Glory. TOO MUCH LAG! And this is all of the time! FIX IT NINTENDO! MARIO KART 8 DOESN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM! I'M SALTY AS F***!

D

Deleted member

The only language I'd go and learn would be Japanese, but only to satisfy weebs. :troll:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
How does one go about beating For Glory? I feel like I don't even play people, I just play against the lag. Was practicing the item dash with Megaman before hand and couldn't pull it of once in For Glory. TOO MUCH LAG! And this is all of the time! FIX IT NINTENDO! MARIO KART 8 DOESN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM! I'M SALTY AS F***!
Or you could just play 1-on-1

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I'm pretty happy with knowing only english and portuguese, honestly.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
What is this 1-on-1 you speak of?:troll:
A mode with less lag but more cancer.
(I feel bad joking about cancer but there's no other way to better describe the scum that wanders around in 1 v 1.)

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Fench is SOOOOOOOOOOO confusing on writing.....its grammar is just nightmare.

One thing I didn't realised for English people is you will have a hard time getting how gender works. I was surprised there was no gender in English and thought it was very simple to learn, but English to French...that's another thing.

The pronunciation is straight forward with practice, but man, the writting is jsut....ouch.

You will be confused, I guarantee it....
I know there's history behind it, but I'll never understand attributing gender to nouns. Don't get me started on all the exceptions lol.

It's strange. We learn French starting from Kindergarten, but only when I was in like grade 9 I learned how hard learning another language can be. Because you start to understand things more and how they work at that age. But, then you start to appreciate some things the other language offers. I like how a lot of words are pronounced in French compared to English, for example. Some sound really pretty.

I'm not very good at French, but I'm better at speaking than writing it down... I kinda wish I was taught French first honestly lol. Gonna have to pick up the language again, especially since it looks a lot better on your resume if you're bilingual (I live in a very Franco-Ontarian community). Oh, and of course for the government jobs and all that jazz.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I'm doing one of those "have your parents name the roster" thing. Sent the blank image to my mom, and this is already hilarious.

Like, she knew who Sonic was. She couldn't pin a name. She ended up calling him Sega Genesis at first, which I was impressed by. Then she remembered he was a hedgehog. Eventually she got it.

And then she got thoroughly confused when she thought she got Link, and then Toon Link showed up. :laugh:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So I'm doing one of those "have your parents name the roster" thing. Sent the blank image to my mom, and this is already hilarious.

Like, she knew who Sonic was. She couldn't pin a name. She ended up calling him Sega Genesis at first, which I was impressed by. Then she remembered he was a hedgehog. Eventually she got it.

And then she got thoroughly confused when she thought she got Link, and then Toon Link showed up. :laugh:
Impatiently waiting for the results, modsupial :grin:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

I should do a spin on this by asking some random classmates on my campus.

They're doomed with the Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus characters! :4wario:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
If you like that you will definitely love this
Best remix I have heard from Paper Mario series. Shadow Queen fight is so damn memorable
ok I heard it a while ago.....no.

I actually never recognised the music AT ALL.

so, no I actulaly never loved any TTYD remixes, I think I find the original too perfect.

pm64 however I saw different stuff and it was so good. I even heard a metal medley which is completely not matching the sound style of the game, but I loved the remix.

Piano it's just.....WOW!!!!

but that ttyd thing, nope.

MasterBlu

Smash Cadet
For Glory with less lag and less fun, my dear black red eyed skeleton.
So No Glory:troll:

On a serious note though, playing people irl is much better. At least I have a brother who plays semi-seriously but your right, its cancer. Man is Sm4sh frustrating when you also play PM

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Impatiently waiting for the results, modsupial :grin:
I'm waiting til I can show it to my dad too, which will be on the eighth of May, so I can upload it all at once. ;)

MasterBlu

Smash Cadet
ok I heard it a while ago.....no.

I actually never recognised the music AT ALL.

so, no I actulaly never loved any TTYD remixes, I think I find the original too perfect.

pm64 however I saw different stuff and it was so good. I even heard a metal medley which is completely not matching the sound style of the game, but I loved the remix.

Piano it's just.....WOW!!!!

but that ttyd thing, nope.
Wow. Thats hard to believe. It even sounds like the original (but much more atmospheric and slightly metal). To each his own I suppose.:ohwell:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
A piano can make almost anything sound (more) beautiful.
it';s because you have to consider:

The piano fits VERY well the entire ost because it's the msot calm one.

The notes are freaking accurates.

TTYD on piano would feel weird because TTYD is much more dynamic sounds.

Also, the guy who made this is just too good.....listen to tubba chase it sounds ALMOST the EXACT same music...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Update: she is now conflicted as to whether Meta Knight is named "Registeel."

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I've never watched Toriko, but now Im watching the final episode because wynaut?

D

Deleted member

Now that you mention it, I don't know most Pokémon names. Sorry if I'm not up to date with that franchise. xD

D

Deleted member

It's all right; I only know the ones that are playable in Smash :grin:
I know some.. like..
"Onyx"
"Pikachu / Raichu / Pichu" (herp derp)
"Charmander"
"Bulbasaur"
"Squirtle"
"Azumarill"
"Hitmonlee"
"Arceus"
"Palkia"
"Dialga"
"Giratina"
"Serperior"
"Pignite" (how did that become a real name? Geez, fans are psychics).
"Oshawott"

More than that, but still.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I know some.. like..
"Onyx"
"Charmander"
"Bulbasaur"
"Squirtle"
"Azumarill"
"Hitmonlee"
"Arceus"
"Palkia"
"Dialga"
"Giratina"
"Serperior"
"Oshawott"

What's a Raichu? Is it an instrument? :troll:

MainJPW

M.T.A
I know some.. like..
"Onyx"
"Charmander"
"Bulbasaur"
"Squirtle"
"Azumarill"
"Hitmonlee"
"Arceus"
"Palkia"
"Dialga"
"Giratina"
"Serperior"
"Oshawott"

Remember Poke rap? That helped me remember most of Gen 1.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, she filled out her half of the chart. I'm dying.

She called Diddy Kong...Curious George.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom