• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eviljoeybonkers

Smash Apprentice
NNID
eviljoeybonkers
3DS FC
4897-6248-0097
I almost hit a pedestrian tonight. It's dark outside and I couldn't see anything but the glare from oncoming traffic.

Suddenly the car next to me slams on his breaks

Then, an old man just standing in the middle of road. The middle of busy traffic.

I had to swerve and slam on my breaks.

Almost went into oncoming traffic because of the old man
Holy crap, that sounds terrifying. At least nobody got hurt...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
,.....ok i really hate to bring this up like this, but this is still weird.

So, I usually use adblock to block that pop up notification cause it just scrolls my [page so much it';s annoying, but then I notice there is still a container there.....

There's supposed to be nothing.

So, i remove all my filter and turn it completely off.....

I still see the area.....but i stioll don;t see ads.....

meaning that you should not see ads.....

can anyone explain me this? did the site went premium for everyone?

T

Trick or Treat

There are a few I find really attractive and awesome personality, but I don't really have any crushes like that :x

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
ITT: Find out lots of people's celebrity/musician preferences. :p

Also Kristen Bell, Zooey Deschanel. and Karen Gillan are weaknesses of mine.

_gold_

Smash Master
You know it's late when everyone is talking about their crushes.
Pull up a chair, folks! :4pacman:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
,.....ok i really hate to bring this up like this, but this is still weird.

So, I usually use adblock to block that pop up notification cause it just scrolls my [page so much it';s annoying, but then I notice there is still a container there.....

There's supposed to be nothing.

So, i remove all my filter and turn it completely off.....

I still see the area.....but i stioll don;t see ads.....

meaning that you should not see ads.....

can anyone explain me this? did the site went premium for everyone?
It does it on purpose. It's by design to basically make people not use Ad Block

As for the other bit, something tells me Warchamp messed up lol

Also, gonna show off the newest art project I made for someone

hatsune5.png

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
so, resuming my stuff, I still see the grey notification about ads (they probably failed to laod because it was with adblock off). btw, please explain me the "use the third party controller" joke......

And i still see the one on the bottom, but not the red one in the top, the most annoying one.....

....I guess I'll wait, but this is weird....

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
so, resuming my stuff, I still see the grey notification about ads (they probably failed to laod because it was with adblock off). btw, please explain me the "use the third party controller" joke......

And i still see the one on the bottom, but not the red one in the top, the most annoying one.....

Even though no ads pop up, it's SmashBoards' way of guilt tripping you into either:
  • Shutting off AdBlock
  • Buying Premium

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I learned something interesting. In Terraria, if you're at the far side of a teleporter, and teleport to a different teleporter surrounded by walls, you'll clip into the wall. You can get out by walking out of the wall, but you can't walk through walls this way. Notably, you're untouchable by most mobs when inside the wall.

I found this out while setting up some teleporters today.

_gold_

Smash Master
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 I'm not sure if I'm educated enough on that sort of matter to answer your question.

Try to Google it.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Do you have any other script blocking plug in enabled?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It does it on purpose. It's by design to basically make people not use Ad Block

As for the other bit, something tells me Warchamp messed up lol

Also, gonna show off the newest art project I made for someone

View attachment 63915
that;s actually very ironic because here;s a huge problem I have with this:

on a pc or laptop, it works, but the only thing is it annoys me so much I just want to use a custom filter.....it;s not going to change if you turn adblock off because the ads ALWAYS loads after the page so both cases are so annoying that I just filter the whole area. So, this deisgn to make me turn off adblock makes me want to turn it on even more.....

But on mobile and wiiu, it's just not working. it completely makes me not use the site and that's because these devices are kinda slow or something, but I didn;t had adblock on the iphone or ipad or wiiu I used the site and I STILL get scroll.

What this basically means is that I really don;t think it;s doing what you want it to do. what you want is the ads to load always at the same time (at least allocate the space than load it after, it's fine, my internet is fast with unlimited bandwith, I can take it), and the notification to pop after, this is what you want.

But it just has so much problems that the best solution is to jsut block the notification AND the ads, CLEARLY not what you want.

idk, but I feel the ad loading should be a bit better which will make me consider turning it off or even using the site on mobile because on wiiu, it's just 5x times more frustrating and it;s not because they put an adblock.....

Neo Zero

that;s actually very ironic because here;s a huge problem I have with this:

on a pc or laptop, it works, but the only thing is it annoys me so much I just want to use a custom filter.....it;s not going to change if you turn adblock off because the ads ALWAYS loads after the page so both cases are so annoying that I just filter the whole area. So, this deisgn to make me turn off adblock makes me want to turn it on even more.....

But on mobile and wiiu, it's just not working. it completely makes me not use the site and that's because these devices are kinda slow or something, but I didn;t had adblock on the iphone or ipad or wiiu I used the site and I STILL get scroll.

What this basically means is that I really don;t think it;s doing what you want it to do. what you want is the ads to load always at the same time (at least allocate the space than load it after, it's fine, my internet is fast with unlimited bandwith, I can take it), and the notification to pop after, this is what you want.

But it just has so much problems that the best solution is to jsut block the notification AND the ads, CLEARLY not what you want.

idk, but I feel the ad loading should be a bit better which will make me consider turning it off or even using the site on mobile because on wiiu, it's just 5x times more frustrating and it;s not because they put an adblock.....
Forwarded it to Tech Support

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Do you have any other script blocking plug in enabled?
ok so I realised my browser was completely overkill but I had 2 adblock and I didn;t needed a second one.....weird.

Though, as weird as it sounds, the issue I said above is actually fixed anyway :)

like it loads the space, but the ads load after, this is good, that space shoudl scroll if the ads doesn't load.....

not sure what warchamp was trying to do on the top, but because it;s fixed, I think I might jsut turn off adblock now.....

EDIT: I guess I could make a tech support thread because I always had this issue.....

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sex was discussed?
Looks like I need to browse the previous pages.
For research of course...
For a friend...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Guys there was no sex. Just Minion undies. :laugh:

I'm also just realizing that based on some other people's celebrity crushes that I'm not the only one with a thing for redheads, but I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom