• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Took them long enough :smirk:
At least that specific thread didn't go full blown 4chan mode. Lol.

well, I am surprised not much people actually did noticed it.

Because compared to last year,.....that day was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better. I mean, the one before had my eyes hurt while this one....had me going crazy and facepalm at how silly this was :)
What was last year's? Some old forum theme from 2001?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I hope the boards glitch and we get stuck in Shaq mode for a couple of days :troll:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Finally sent in my vote for Isaac. I know's he's not the most likely, but hey, I guy's gotta try, no? I was thinking of going for K. Rool for a minute, but I figured he'd get a lot of votes over here.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Or maybe by balance patch it means custom moves will be added!
Ice punch for lucario plz okay bai!

D

Deleted member

Talking about this whole Shaq thing, I wonder what happens if you change your avatar. Does it still display the current one (in this case, the Shaq avatar)?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
>balance patch
>expects more customs to be added

This is our community, folks. :4wario:

Soul.

1.0.6 should bring back Falco to his Brawl version. Autocancelled lasers, DAir I can understand, and his old BAir.
Fox needs autocancelled lasers too

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
:4falco: is the one who really needs buffs; now he's laggy as Windows Vista

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So? Lucario was still the same when he got revealed :smirk:
Actually Sakurai identified what was different after Lucario's reveal, specifically his upgraded aura mechanic and Aura Sphere size differences.

If you read my other post I said Mewtwo might have some secrets. I doubt it not just because of the trailer, but this character wasn't planned, so it's possible just copying it is quicker for work.

What I want to know is how he'll play in a brawl-like atmosphere. It may help or hinder him just as it did Doc.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Nope.moreequipment

In other news...
Normal.png

Touched up on Lucas False-True Render a bit (God I hope we get the real one soon)
I just need some way to make the entire shirt the same shade of Green without ruining the nice texture.
I suck at this stuff.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I wanna somehow get this

And alter it to have the same costume as this

pls

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Actually Sakurai identified what was different after Lucario's reveal, specifically his upgraded aura mechanic and Aura Sphere size differences.

If you read my other post I said Mewtwo might have some secrets. I doubt it not just because of the trailer, but this character wasn't planned, so it's possible just copying it is quicker for work.

What I want to know is how he'll play in a brawl-like atmosphere. It may help or hinder him just as it did Doc.
And if you read my other posts you would see that I was being sarcastic and you are taking this too seriously :facepalm: M'kay?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm gonna wait out this Shaq nonsense. The Aura-Psychic battle is soon to commence and challenges cannot be arranged in such... Shaqy business.
And if you read my other posts you would see that I was being sarcastic and you are taking this too seriously :facepalm: M'kay?
> accuses me of being too serious online.
> being sarcastic online.

You have fun with that. :4villager:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm gonna wait out this Shaq nonsense. The Aura-Psychic battle is soon to commence and challenges cannot be arranged in such... Shaqy business.
What do you mean? This is the perfect time to do so.
It's time we slammed and jammed.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Talking about this whole Shaq thing, I wonder what happens if you change your avatar. Does it still display the current one (in this case, the Shaq avatar)?
It`s just a CSS, your avatar will NEVER truly be shaq unless you actually choose to use it, but that`s obvious.

All it does is it assigned you a random shaq avi and loads it on every pages except some places when you see no image or your profile page in which you will see your true avi that you were supposed to have.

Proof, check my profile, I still have my SS joke avi :)

D

Deleted member

:4falco: is the one who really needs buffs; now he's laggy as Windows Vista
For old hardware, yeah. For new hardware XL U 32DSmiibo Super 64 Ultra Famicom Entertainment System Performance Edition... this is not the case. :troll:

Oh yeah, I forgot. Looks like 200cc will increase the edge that surrounds competitve Mario Kart players. *laughs*

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
looks blurry af
This is better:
Yoooo that was my Main Color in Brawl :4lucas:
However the Boney shirt has taken the spot as my favorite, cuz I love me some o' dat doge action.
Plus it's green.
Bonus points.

In other news;
"So in that way, it's like a box of chocolates."
"You never know what you are going to get."
~Satoru "Forrest Gump" Iwata, Nintendo Direct 4/1/15​

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh yeah, I forgot. Looks like 200cc will increase the edge that surrounds competitve Mario Kart players. *laughs*
I for one like the new addition. Especially taking into consideration 200cc Mute City.
It'll be F-Zero 2.0.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
1.0.6 should bring back Falco to his Brawl version. Autocancelled lasers, DAir I can understand, and his old BAir.
Fox needs autocancelled lasers too
Hell freaking no. Have you seen the speed Falco can shoot those in Brawl? Do you want a legitimately broken character in this game? Melee Falco's Blaster auto-canceled and fired at a reasonable rate and he could only short hop laser in that game. In Brawl, he could short hop double laser with a fast laser that traveled FD's distance. Fox could SHDL too, but his lasers didn't have hitstun unlike Falco's which made it not broken compared to Brawl Falco's. Even with laser locks reduced to 3 shots, characters like Ganondorf or even Mega Man would be walled the hell off. One of Brawl Falco's game plan was literally run around, wall you off with lasers, set you up with lasers, and kill you. Can Pac-Man do that? Yeah, but that Pac-Man better be creative with his Bonus Fruit, Trampoline, and Hydrant or get timed out or beat to a yellow pulp. Brawl Falco had one move to effectively destroy and limit people's options excluding chain grab.

Melee Falco could use lasers to approach, but he couldn't wall you off like that. Hell, not even Link can because he has to alternate projectiles while Brawl Falco just shot lasers and laughed. Right now, SSB4 Falco can't approach and he can't force approaches well. Toned down a bit with auto-cancelable Blaster similar to Melee, have the same firing rate as Melee or a bit slower, and make the travel distance half of FD and you've got a projectile that would help Falco without breaking the goddamned game. The next thing we need is another broken character and cries of, "NERF! NERF! NERF!" Diddy's frame 3, Uair/sex kick is no where near the BS Brawl Meta Knight and Brawl Falco could do not to mention what the Ice Climbers could do.

Right now, SSB4 Luigi's laser is a bit like Brawl Wolf's where the projectile can't be fired rapidly, but does its job and the end lag isn't terrible. SSB4 Falco's could be like that. Hell, give him Brawl Wolf's Blaster and give Wolf if he even comes back, a shotgun instead. That would fix a lot of things while making Wolf pretty awesome with a freaking shotgun. The problem is end lag and compared to Luigi and Falco, Luigi flicks a Fireball and goes back to idle, Falco pulls the trigger and goes braindead for a second before realizing he should put his Blaster back into its holster. Actually, making it so he puts his Blaster faster would fix a lot even without auto-cancel. Rosalina doesn't do anything, but wave her wand and Luma fires a Star Bit for Shooting Star Bit which means little end lag while Falco poses for his upcoming fist metal cracker.

Last edited:

Soul.

However the Boney shirt has taken the spot as my favorite, cuz I love me some o' dat doge action.
Plus it's green.
Bonus points.

In other news;
real talk though, I'd play Lucas if that palette swap came back.
No I'm not dropping Pikachu. Nor am I getting a secondary
anything that could make his lasers better is something I'd want. Melee lasers, Brawl lasers. Whatever floats their boat

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Plus it's green.
Bonus points.

In other news;
Oh yeah, I thought the heck he was telling but didn`t care because.....I WAS TOO HYPE!!!!

And then I knocked my keyboards when I saw dk64 and pm64, and even more when i got that they give you the manual in digital so I can finally see pm64 stuff. Btw, I actually never owned a TTYD or spm manual.....:(

D

Deleted member

It`s just a CSS, your avatar will NEVER truly be shaq unless you actually choose to use it, but that`s obvious.

All it does is it assigned you a random shaq avi and loads it on every pages except some places when you see no image or your profile page in which you will see your true avi that you were supposed to have.

Proof, check my profile, I still have my SS joke avi :)
I noticed. I went back to my character icon now (though, like you said, it can only be seen in the profile).

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I for one like the new addition. Especially taking into consideration 200cc Mute City.
It'll be F-Zero 2.0.
Imagine this;
Smashville.
All is quiet, another peaceful day.
Tom Nook is on an errand!
He steps out of Main Street...

SUDDENLY A BUNCH OF VILLAGERS IN BLUE FALCONS GO ZOOMING BY AT 200CC RIGHT BY HIS FREAKING FACE AND HE'S ALL LIKE;
"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON" 0_0
And then Isabelle just sorta trails behind them on that 50cc City Trotter casual **** like she's enjoying the damn thing.
What a wimp.
~MK8 Online in a Nutshell​

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I hope Lucas's final smash will be changed....
PK Starstorm looks great, but since Ness already has it...
I think one of the Dragon's Needles should appear on the ground. Any opponents who are grounded will freeze in place. Lucas then pulls the needle, creating a shockwave and a powerful beam of light. Opponents hit by the shockwave go flying upwards, while the light juggles opponents upwards until they are KO'd or the final smash ends.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
btw, this is a question I had since a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNG time....

what the heck is a "cc"?

I never understood this....
cc is short for HP which is short for Horse Power
More Horse Power = More Fast
200cc = Probably enough to kill a Human very quickly
Villager ain't a Human tho
Villager's Villager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom