• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I have something called TMJ.

For those who don't know, it is basically an issue with the jaw and all that, which causes popping, sliding, etc, and in worse cases actually locking up. Something with the discs. And it has gotten worse. Yesterday up until dinner time, my jaw would pop every time I chewed. But strangely dinner last night and today was fine, even with crunchy foods.

But now I have trouble swallowing. I'm a mess lol.
Ouch, that sucks; I know how bad is a jaw lock
I hope you get treated soon

T

Trick or Treat

You getting treatment for it at the hospital?

Ugh i know. Sucks that i cant directly upload images to my sig.
Nothing at the moment. It was fine for a while and only recently, very recently, got worse like this. However I do plan on getting treated this week.

Sorry to hear that. So are you going to get treated soon?

:231:
Yeah this week I am going.

It should be a simple, but probably slow process to fixing it.

Usually a mouthguard and stronger anti-inflammatory pills are what the doctors give, and jt goes away on its own after a while.

It is one of those things wherw if you control the symptoms, it will go away. Once in a while there are cases where it requires surgery but I don't think I am there yet!

@Erika Hopefully you get better soon!

How much more until this thread gets terminated?
Thank you!

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
What going on, what is this voting thing? Also today is my birthday.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Nothing at the moment. It was fine for a while and only recently, very recently, got worse like this. However I do plan on getting treated this week.

Usually a mouthguard and stronger anti-inflammatory pills are what the doctors give, and jt goes away on its own after a while.

It is one of those things wherw if you control the symptoms, it will go away. Once in a while there are cases where it requires surgery but I don't think I am there yet!

Thank you!
Good to hear. Hope you get better soon! :starman::starman::starman:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It'll never show up lol.
This thread is basically like one of my character: Completely insane and you will never see a single light of sense in her.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hi all.

Changed my avatar to be less negative. Still not completely over yesterday's news, though. Watched bits of some old Nintendo Directs. Can you believe they've been a thing since February 2012?

@Erika Hope your treatment goes well.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
image.jpg

Btw this is my sig pic Im putting it here so that i can hopefully copy it and paste it into my signature

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You've had it too? It is not fun.
But thank you! I will have to, so it doesn't get worse.
Not technically; but if I laugh or talk too much while eating my jaw locks for a moment, sometimes with cramps too

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What on Earth was the voting thing for?

Well I hope the treatment goes alright.

What going on, what is this voting thing? Also today is my birthday.
Happy Birthday!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
@Erika pls get better. My sister has lock jaw, so, I know it can be tough. :(

On a side note, I went to physical therapy today. Horray for improved posture!

T

Trick or Treat

Not technically; but if I laugh or talk too much while eating my jaw locks for a moment, sometimes with cramps too
Oh ouch, that sounds annoying D:
I hope it isn't anything too serious. Just be careful alright?

What on Earth was the voting thing for?

Well I hope the treatment goes alright.

Happy Birthday!
Thank you! I am also going to try some changes on my own which will hopefully help as well.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
BAM! Fixed my sig.
Why not upload it to imgur and paste the link?
I guess that would work also. But i find posting on Smashboards a bit faster (though I obviously wont do it all the time for future sigs since some threads would be annoyed by it).

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

@ErikaI hope your treatment goes fine and you get better.
Thank you! (:

Also happy birthday!!!

No.
Yes. She's had it forever.
The only way she's avoided it is by simply not opening her jaw too wide. It doesn't seem like she has it as bad as you do because of that.
tfw people assume advice is people telling people what to do
I have been making an effort to avoid opening my mouth too wide, and also clenching too hard. I'm glad she is okay though!

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Happy Birthday; I'll be 23 as well once July 31st hits, so I may share your sentiment.
Yes I don't mind, I wanted to leave my house to get something but it started raining and my sister took the last umbrella so I'm stuck until the rain stop.
Thank you! (:

Also happy birthday!!!

I have been making an effort to avoid opening my mouth too wide, and also clenching too hard. I'm glad she is okay though!
Thank you!:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom