• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You didnt like.... The main reason the game was made..?
I like the series for, oh, I don't know.. :4mario: & :4luigi:. Bowser was slow, drastic change of pace, and reduced the brothers to barely any real playtime, 2D platforming, and being Bowser's source of power (aka his *****)

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I like the series for, oh, I don't know.. :4mario: & :4luigi:. Bowser was slow, drastic change of pace, and reduced the brothers to barely any real playtime, 2D platforming, and being Bowser's source of power (aka his *****)
You know, I actually wouldn't mind if it was only focused on Mario and Luigi inside of bowser

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Every Mario and Luigi game is good.
Paper Jam will be good.
If only Metroid was seen this way. :4pacman:

At least you didn't say the music was bad.
Don't say the music is bad or I will cut your throat and hang you up on your intestines have to deal with your opinion. :4villager:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Don't say the music is bad or I will cut your throat and hang you up on your intestines have to deal with your opinion. :4villager:
.....you're scary.....

I mean, I already said why i don;t enjoy much the music of m&L and DT was not really an exception.

Same for what we heard of paper jam, I just don;t enjoy the notes.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's bad:troll:

All 4 has brought great music. Paper Jam's music so far is cool.

But to clear things up, I don't hate BiS, it just was too much of a change compared to the other games IMO.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Bowser's Inside Story had Fawful as the main villain, and is therefore objectively the best game in the series.

Soul.

Unfortunately Metroid is held back by a bunch of ****** who do nothing but complain ever since Nintendo announced Federation Force; please don't give me the "they waited years for a new Metroid game and they give us this?" excuse. That doesn't work.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Bowser's Inside Story had Fawful as the main villain, and is therefore objectively the best game in the series.
unless you actually don;t like the humor style.....like m&l is more weird and random stuff (often exaggerated) while paper mario is more logical. I jsut tend to question the point of the former, but get instantly the later.

So, when i played SS, I question what was so good about fawful...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
.....you're scary.....

I mean, I already said why i don;t enjoy much the music of m&L and DT was not really an exception.

Same for what we heard of paper jam, I just don;t enjoy the notes.
Here. Let's start with a well-known track.

This should give you enough time to find your specific location and prepare for manslaughter take a deep listen.
:4villager:Do you like it yet?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
M&L: BiT's Final Battle Music always expands dong :4dk:

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Paper jam isn't the only time you had to use 3 buttoms.
there is an attack in PiT where you press a and b to kick the shell and I think X to use baby marios hammer on the enemy as her hits them IT was pretty fun

Also to jump in PiT you only had the press A and B
Yep.
Basically, depending if you use the Red Shell or Green Shell (M/L respectively), you need to press A/B to kick it, X/Y to make the babies deal more damage, B/A, X/Y, repeat.
Using the babies is optional but the extra damage helps.

Don't forget the Copy Flowers/Trampoline (Press A/B/X/Y as the respective bro lands on the enemy) and the MIX FLOWER (MASH A/B/X/Y depending on who is holding the big fireball).
The Pocket Chomp was also really confusing for me.

Soul.

BiS' Final Boss music is good and all, but...
oh im so sorry it isn't primal dialga

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Here. Let's start with a well-known track.

This should give you enough time to find your specific location and prepare for manslaughter take a deep listen.
:4villager:Do you like it yet?
I heard it in ssb4 already and honestly, no.

I actually think it was too much repetitive, it FELT like going somewhere, but after a while, you just get used to the notes and I just stopped to care much.

Like, here's a good example of a music that keeps repeating itself, but never feels like it do:

Like, I'm just going to list the music that had left a particularly good impression from SS and DT:

• the underground music from SS, best close remix i heard, i love the sounds "distorsion" the gba did, actually, it's original to use the system sounds like that.
  • The beach theme of SS, it sounds happy, catchy and I lvoe the simplicity of the notes.
  • The boss theme of SS, the bosses were kinda long, it was focussing a lot on the intensity and once again, simple notes, but this track varies a lot, you could listen to it for a long period of time.
  • The battle theme of SS ONLY because it's a bit catchy, but it's far from the best I heard.
  • The dreamy castle theme of DT, BEST M&L MUSIC I HEARD SO FAR! Seriously, it tries to push the happy feel to it and the notes? So much simple I loved that.
  • The minigame music of DT, great example of a repetitive music that doesn;t feel repetitive.
  • The weird dialog music, but only in context, alone, it's odd, I only liked it because it was fitting (plus, that fountain....).
EVERYTHING else I heard of m&L wasn't much memorable to mention it.

Like i jsut don;t liek the style of the notes. You feel i repeated a lot simple notes, that's the same reaosn i dislike music with voices, i suck at multitasking. To please me, you would have a music where you have one single and simple track and the background should kinda merge with the track.

And this is why i keep gushing over paper mario ost (except SS). They use a retro style audio where each notes is so simple that you feel like 8 bit beeps. The tracks are also quite simple, you have a bunch of sfx that actually fits and merge with the music.

M&L goes for more complex instruments and tbh, not much variation. This is why I just do not enjoy the music of the series.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You do not know how much I wanna vote for Scrooge McDuck in the Fighter Ballot
But I haven't since he's so out there it isn't even funny
He's like
"Farther than the Moon" out there
I'll see myself out
*walks to tf2*

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
euh, @ Will Will , I got my post in last in page again, just make sure to check because there;s reasons why I don;t like much the m&L music.
I'm sorry I'm just distracted about the title having nothing to do with music.
We need to add music.
Do you like music?
I like music.
You better like the music. :4villager:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
it felt 2 mismatching tracks causing me to question what is this?

I already heard that and I seriously was left in question....
Getting a serious case of Deja Vu with you
You've said this before way back when :4pacman:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Giving it a second thought, maybe not.

To be honest, I only quoted the post because it looked like you were getting infracted for a sec, but you fixed it.
Nice face :4pacman:I forgot the rest of what this was going to be

[insert "why not both?" gif again]
Paper Mario x Kirby is a-GO
First you copy @ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo 's avatar style and now you copy my shenanigans?
So this is why you're so cool :4dk:Why don't I start doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom