• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How the hell do people fail gym? All you have to do is show up, change, and follow directions. It's almost like every other class except for the stripping and **** or **** comparing. :p
People only legitimately fail gym if they don't show up.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Can't. Stop. Singing. That. Damned. Tuesday. Song. Halp.
That custom title looks familiar...
Is mustard an instrument yet?
You know what?

I'm getting 2 amiibos for Christmas. I'm going to let one of them be entirely trained by 7 other CPUs.

And let it be handicapped at 300%.

It'll be God
Someone I know tried that, it was hilarious, the amiibo tried it's hardest not to get hit in regular matches, shielded damn near everything.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Honestly, your reasons for not liking them are pretty stupid. I didn't honestly see one legitimate reason for you disliking them except for some petty minor distaste. And you didn't even try to give a reason for Yellow or Emerald.

Also, what right do you have to say what I believe? I don't remember ever saying that the games had more than the anime, I just said, the anime is not as great as some people make it out to be.

"All of the different parts of the franchise together bring more people" This I can agree on.

My issues isn't saying that "the anime is better than Adventures", isn't the "Adventures is honestly no better or less guilty than the anime" Again, never said that.

"Something being lesser known and appreciated by an underground group doesn't automatically make it superior either."
Nobody ever said that either.

"The entirety of Pokemon is dumb. And of course it is, it's a ****ing kids series about stuffing wild, legendary and overly power monsters and other beings into tiny little balls by the power of 10 year olds kicked out of their homes. Or teenagers after Gen 5. None of the different branches of the franchise are all that glorious." Your Point? This is entirely irrelevant.

And change the subject? So you mean do that thing I said to do at the very start? Sure, why not? Unless you just need to get the last word in so badly.

Hey, you replied to my reply. If you really wanted to change the subject, then you wouldn't have posted your reply to my reply that I'm replying to right now. Are you sure that you aren't the one who really wanted the last word that badly?

Just a thought.
I don't have to give a reason because you didn't ask me to do so. Only what I thought of them and I answered that. (Though Yellow didn't have one cause I don't have any issues with her, other than why the manga wants me to care about her)

Whether or not you think my reasons or stupid does mean anything. It's no different from my thinking people's reasons for bashing the anime in favor of the manga when both are guilty of the same thing is absolutely ridiculous.

And yeah, no. That "Hurr durr you replied so you care" shtick doesn't work here. You butted in, made a statement basically saying "I like it, you're just weird", I replied basically saying "That's nice. Don't care. Still don't like it". That should have been the end of it, but you still wanted to keep going and then asked me a question, so I answered it. Trying to back out last minuted with "Oh, let's change the subject now that I'm ready to" and then trying to turn things around doesn't work.

You literally had no reason to say anything about it in the first place and ended up literally saying nothing important to what I was initially saying to someone else to begin with. What was your point, exactly? Was there something you actually wanted to get across? Or did you just need an excuse to say an elongated version of "no u" or "You're wrong, my version is better" because someone out there doesn't like your underground favorite? What, does that baffle you so much that you're offended or something? That's kinda strange. I just like something different. At least I'm not being a hypocrite about it like some people.

Now then, how this goes from this point on is your call. You can say something else, or you can not. It's obvious we won't ever agree or see each other's "logic", so I think I'm pretty much done unless you want to start throwing stuff in each other's faces.

Then again, you're kind of annoying me now and I really don't want to hear anymore of what's on your mind, so I may just ignore you until the next page to let you say whatever you want and be done with the topic, so yeah, your move dude.

Japan has never been fond of the Xbox line, so I don't think Microsoft really prioritizes them much.
First priority or not, they still shipped a lot of Xbones over there. If they didn't have even the slightest thought that they could profit from it, they shouldn't have done that.

Then again, they should've known that it wouldn't have sold because Japan didn't even like the 360 much. MS are kinda dumb most of the time. - -'

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
In any case, Kaye and Blargg should stop, as it is turning a bit ugly. My apologies for starting this mess in the first place. :/

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I don't have to give a reason because you didn't ask me to do so. Only what I thought of them and I answered that. (Though Yellow didn't have one cause I don't have any issues with her, other than why the manga wants me to care about her)

Whether or not you think my reasons or stupid does mean anything. It's no different from my thinking people's reasons for bashing the anime in favor of the manga when both are guilty of the same thing is absolutely ridiculous.

And yeah, no. That "Hurr durr you replied so you care" shtick doesn't work here. You butted in, made a statement basically saying "I like it, you're just weird", I replied basically saying "That's nice. Don't care. Still don't like it". That should have been the end of it, but you still wanted to keep going and then asked me a question, so I answered it. Trying to back out last minuted with "Oh, let's change the subject now that I'm ready to" and then trying to turn things around doesn't work.

You literally had no reason to say anything about it in the first place and ended up literally saying nothing important to what I was initially saying to someone else to begin with. What was your point, exactly? Was there something you actually wanted to get across? Or did you just need an excuse to say an elongated version of "no u" or "You're wrong, my version is better" because someone out there doesn't like your underground favorite? What, does that baffle you so much that you're offended or something? That's kinda strange. I just like something different. At least I'm not being a hypocrite about it like some people.

Now then, how this goes from this point on is your call. You can say something else, or you can not. It's obvious we won't ever agree or see each other's "logic", so I think I'm pretty much done unless you want to start throwing stuff in each other's faces.

Then again, you're kind of annoying me now and I really don't want to hear anymore of what's on your mind, so I may just ignore you until the next page to let you say whatever you want and be done with the topic, so yeah, your move dude.

First priority or not, they still shipped a lot of Xbones over there. If they didn't have even the slightest thought that they could profit from it, they shouldn't have done that.

Then again, they should've known that it wouldn't have sold because Japan didn't even like the 360 much. MS are kinda dumb most of the time. - -'
Oh, hey, it's the old Kaye Cruiser! I didn't miss you!

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Can't. Stop. Singing. That. Damned. Tuesday. Song. Halp.

That custom title looks familiar...
Is mustard an instrument yet?

Someone I know tried that, it was hilarious, the amiibo tried it's hardest not to get hit in regular matches, shielded damn near everything.
Did it win?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
In any case, Kaye and Blargg should stop, as it is turning a bit ugly. My apologies for starting this mess in the first place. :/
'K boss. ¦( *instant stop*

Why aren't you posting the superior version?

I'd post the Kirby Falcon Punch version in response to this, but that doesn't have enough Captain Falcon.

So instead, HAVE THIS! =D

Oh, hey, it's the sleep deprived Kaye Cruiser!
Fixed.

That, and your joke, that went completely over my head by the way, could easily be seen as an attempt to provoke and troll. I'm contemplating reporting you right now. - -

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I had no idea something this amazing even existed....
Your sig works perfectly in sync with this comment.

I'd post the Kirby Falcon Punch version in response to this, but that doesn't have enough Captain Falcon.

Fixed.

That, and your joke, that went completely over my head by the way, could easily be seen as an attempt to provoke and troll. I'm contemplating reporting you right now. - -
0/10 Needs more robinKirby

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Go time! Something different!
...You know, for some reason, I'm really happy to see you right now.

The Aura just put a much needed smile on my face. thanks Rysir. :3

Now then. Have a present, as thanks. <3

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

Fixed.

That's a sleep deprived comment if I've ever heard one. :p

But, in all seriousness, I really don't have a problem with anonymous people on the Internet, especially about something as stupid as a smarmy comment like yours. I pretty much only care if it's racism/bullying/anything like that. Hope we're cool. :p

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Alright, I kinda need people to fill out this super smash bros for Wii U survey.

I think 7(?) people here already did the survey but I need enough to make a few graphs.

1. Which version of the game do you have? If both, which do you prefer? ( 3DS / Wii U )
  2. Do you prefer to use custom moves? ( YES / NO )

According to your “Stats” list:
  1. What is your “play time” (Time spent in battles)? _____
  2. What is your Stock Battle Total? _____
  3. How many Online Battles have you played? _____
  4. How Many Online Wins? ____
  5. What is your KO Total? _____
  6. Who is your Favourite Character? _______________

According to your “For Glory” Stats
  1. What is your win rate? _____
  2. How many For Glory matches have you played? _____
I still need people to fill this out

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
WAT

Jk, I see where you're coming from. On one hand I'd like to say ignore the extremists... but sometimes you have to call people out. Explain to them when their thinking is inconsistent, there's double standards taking place, if they're being hypocrites, etc. Research has shown that if you do just that and make people aware of what they're doing wrong, there's a chance they may change their mindset.

There's a lot of female characters who may look sexy (or even sexualized to a certain extent), but they have strong personalities, like Bayo for example. The only problem that I have comes down to eyecandy. I'm not saying it's a bad things because it could gain profit for a company (like DLC outfits or whatever), but sometimes you could really tell that a game's made for the straight, male gamer. I'm going on a little tangent, but some games like those lack diversity for the female cast (especially compared to the male), but again, why cater to a minority when you could make a bigger profit catering to the majority groups? Do you think the gaming community will improve if companies try to cater to minority groups as well?

Anyway, I like diversity, and I want the video gaming community to evolve/improve. So I can agree. You really have to take time with a character if you want to label the creators as "sexist" for creating her. Well, I like analyzing things, but I also like to find out "why" things are made like that. Y'know, find the reasons and rationale. But I don't mind talking about things like that, but what does SWJ mean? I'm so clueless. Embarrass
Well now that you mention it, there should be at least a happy medium to appeal to the minority instead of the usual target audience in certain games. I'm not saying that there should be racial diversity in the games, I mean that there could be some "fanservice" involved with the males too to make thing s even (and shut the SJW's up too). Dead or Alive took this step in the right direction by having the TFC DLC outfits for every male fighter in the vanilla Dead or Alive 5, especially since they actually wanted the game to be a serious competitive fighter. Then the fans had complained about the lack of fanservice for the females, which unfortunately resulted in the games going back to the "riskier" DLC for future versions and the whole "six-axis boob controls" through a patch. Hell, the most recent Christmas DLC pack has a good portion of the female fighters wearing nothing but ribbons (Which even pissed off a good portion of the male fandom).

Tekken is like the only fighter that arguably does a good job at having equal fanservice for fighters of both sexes since the 4th game. I would say Soul Calibur, but that didn't seem to go well at times (Like Ivy's skimpier outfit in the the game and Tira's "barely covering" fashion sense from the third game. Though this is understandable since Japan as a culture is more relaxed about sexuality unlike the West, which is why their programs for grade school children (shonen anime) is full of fanservice and "the jiggles". Western works are no exception to this either since we have games like God of War (In which you can practically sleep with whatever woman you find) and Mortal Kombat (Which has the controversial Mileena the Half Naked Monster). I highly doubt there's anything to be done in regards to making these games more female friendly since the excessive gore may be a major turn off to begin with.

By the way, SWJ (Which was supposed be spelled SJW) means "social justice warrior" like the ones on Tumblr.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Can we stop any kind of arguement and admire the Majestic Thor de France?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Can we stop any kind of arguement and admire the Majestic Thor de France?
LOL, I was just answering her question as opposed to arguing. Though that is a rather nice looking Thor with the French motif, though Captain Canada would be the perfect opponent for him.

@ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser And this is what happens when I type after drinking coffee. :laugh:

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I still need at LEAST 9 more people to fill out my survey.

1. Which version of the game do you have? If both, which do you prefer? ( 3DS / Wii U )
  2. Do you prefer to use custom moves? ( YES / NO )

According to your “Stats” list:
  1. What is your “play time” (Time spent in battles)? _____
  2. What is your Stock Battle Total? _____
  3. How many Online Battles have you played? _____
  4. How Many Online Wins? ____
  5. What is your KO Total? _____
  6. Who is your Favourite Character? _______________

According to your “For Glory” Stats
  1. What is your win rate? _____
  2. How many For Glory matches have you played? _____

I need enough surveys so that tomorrow I can make graphs for my assignment at school. it's worth 15% of my final math mark.

I really should have done something simpler :dizzy:

D

Deleted member

Japan has never been fond of the Xbox line, so I don't think Microsoft really prioritizes them much.
So it's similar to Atari in which they weren't successful in the Japanese market? Well, at least Microsoft didn't create a video game crash. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom