• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Can anyone give me some pointers on finding the fine line between unpredictability and stupidity?

I try to be unpredictable, but then I wind up missing every opportunity because I think the opponent will be expecting me. Then I try to take advantage of opportunities, and I wind up being ultra-predictable and the opponent reads me like a tabloid. I just can't find the middle ground.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
You know what makes me sad
In one of the Smash 3DS Demos, Luigi could Wall-Jump
He can't in the full version.
Why, though?
Sakurai let people who have never actually Jumped before (Link/Tink, I'm looking at you...if I remembered exactly which one of you could WJ) the ability to WJ
But Luigi
Who has had WJ'ing as a Natural Ability since NSMBDS
He can't WJ.
Saku-why.
Link cant Wall Jump :confused:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Can anyone give me some pointers on finding the fine line between unpredictability and stupidity?

I try to be unpredictable, but then I wind up missing every opportunity because I think the opponent will be expecting me. Then I try to take advantage of opportunities, and I wind up being ultra-predictable and the opponent reads me like a tabloid. I just can't find the middle ground.
This is being unpredictable

I'M SUCH A UNPREDICTABLE! BOW TO YOUR ANCIENT LIVELY MESSIANIC DISHWASHER HANDSHAKEING KING!

& this is stupid

Any other questions?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

If you want the dumbed down answer; :4gaw:, :4rob: and :4pacman:.

If you want a more complicated answer;
Be sparatic, but not too crazy.
Go offensive for a bit, then roll back onto the defensive side.
Go for Shield Pokes every now and again.
Rush to your foe, but roll back to fake them out.
Try and do unpredictable things in the heat of the moment like :4luigi:/:4drmario:'s Tornado, :4diddy:'s Side B....F.L.U.D.D.....
But be sure not to do that stuff to often or your opponent will, like you said, read you like a book.
Hope I Helped. ;)

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Play with a nice balance between offense and defense.
If you find yourself getting to predictable, try doing something a bit different, too much and you fudge up.
Just find a groove. I don't know if that helps :246:
Villager can though

You sure both arent stupidity?
We're f****d
I forgot what one of the Links could WJ, so I just put this;
Ah, sorry I tend to speed read.
Tink confirmed WJ

Get it because WW is Wind Waker and WJ and they both have W?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why, though?
Sakurai let people who have never actually Jumped before (Link/Tink, I'm looking at you...if I remembered exactly which one of you could WJ) the ability to WJ
But Luigi
He can't WJ.
Saku-why.
I think they removed that in purpose. :troll:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why, though?
But Luigi
He can't WJ.
Saku-why.
Don't remind us. Hell, shouldn't Wario and Peach be able to wall jump as well? I'm not sure about Wario since I never played Wario Land, but in the Super Mario 64 DS game, he could. Peach just gained the ability in Super Mario 3D World, I think.

Tink confirmed WJ

Get it because WW is Wind Waker and WJ and they both have W?
Guess who else has a "W" in his name?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Top tier recognition les go :troll:
No, not top tier, just higher than those two.
I think we all know who the real top tier is...
Don't reply saying your own name, or "Me" or something, because you know it's not true.
Don't lie to yourself. Stay in school. Eat your vegetables. Pay your taxes. Don't go to Mount Rushmore. Don't do drugs. Eat all of the raspberries.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Don't remind us. Hell, shouldn't Wario and Peach be able to wall jump as well? I'm not sure about Wario since I never played Wario Land, but in the Super Mario 64 DS game, he could. Peach just gained the ability in Super Mario 3D World, I think.

Guess who else has a "W" in his name?
That's incorrect.
In SM64DS, ONLY Mario could wall-jump.

Strofirko

Smash Master
So zelda has too much that you will forget the story,good, very good:demon:

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC