• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
RELEASE: GET

MIDNIGHT BABYYYYYYYYYY

Oh BRUH, I had a great time.

I came too late (sign ups for the unannounced tournament began before 10) for the 16 man FFA tourney. I woulda had that tho I swear doe fo real
I hopped on the TV (which had really bad lag but that didn't matter because 8 player smash AYYYY) and was the MVP of my team (we lose doe) after I was like "AYY CAN WE DO TEAMS [lmao]" And everyone was like "YEAH" AND WE WERE LIKE 4v4 HYPE ON BIG BATTLEFIELD (I ninja'd the stage pick).
And then WE DID 2v2v2v2 ALL JIGGLYPUFF ON KALOS LEAGUE OMEGA STAGE IT WAS LIKE Tuh tuh tuh tuh lulululuLOAHD WHAT IS THIS

In the end, though, it's all about community and communication. I can't help but feel I made a bunch of people feel comfortable (or even uncomfortable) with my yelling and smiling and being a general idiot (and leading the choices and helping 3DS players participate by being one of the few wiimote players, and I brought my own Classic Controller because screw the nunchuk).

I walked out of the store like a champ too. I asked one of the GS employees to help me put the champion belt on. He did. I puffed out my chest and strode with PURPOSE.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I got AS too. Battle on Wednesday (so we have time to train)?
Sorry my exams start Wednesday so I won't get to play much Pokemon

EDIT: Well Game Freak nailed the nostalgia inducing with the opening and the start of the game

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I think I'll be less frequent here, the jealousy is already killing me.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My body is Regi for Omega Ruby; I got Lati@s Mega Stones from a friend today, my army of Shinies is EV Trained and ready to wreck havoc in the postgame, 3DS Fully Charged and money on wallet to buy the game when the store opens.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I didn't hear anything about a Gamestop tournament when I went in and paid for ORAS or when I went in and got my line number...Maybe because I was 17th to get a line number?

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
I get the game tomorrow afternoon or tomorrow night. Don't know yet ;_;

I absolutely hate that stage. However, it would've been perfect for 8-player smash.

Also, remember when Sakurai said that the AT's would 'almost' be the same...

Can anyone tell me what the 'almost' is? Are they not identical?
I pause every now and then to just look at the backgrounds~
That's how much I love it

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Prof. Birch's head is gigantic

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I didn't know I didn't have an SD card in my Wii U until the game decide to rub that fact in my face.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just got the Shiny Beldum. Looks like I won't be using an Aggron this time

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Anyone down to play sexy Smash 4 in HD!? Need people to fight lol

edit: we need a NNID sharing thread like the FC sharing thread in 3DS forum

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Anyone down to play sexy Smash 4 in HD!? Need people to fight lol

edit: we need a NNID sharing thread like the FC sharing thread in 3DS forum
There is a thread for that

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone else think it's weird that certain scientific facts "aren't true" because of political reasons?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've decided not to continue this discussion after reading an article that when presented with facts, people cling to their beliefs more closely and lash out.

I try my best to avoid politics anyway

I didn't even vote in the last couple elections they had for...whatever people have been voting on for 4 years

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Anyone else think it's weird that certain scientific facts "aren't true" because of political reasons?
I've decided not to continue this discussion after reading an article that when presented with facts, people cling to their beliefs more closely and lash out.

I try my best to avoid politics anyway

I didn't even vote in the last couple elections they had for...whatever people have been voting on for 4 years
Well, I guess it makes sense.

For example, a leftist/progressive type believes that all people, religions, races, sexes, lifestyles, and sexual attractions/practices are literally "created equal" (and thus worthy of equal treatment). Or at least that's just what they claim, anyway. So I imagine that they would automatically regard studies that contradict their beliefs as biased, pseudo-scifentific, or otherwise.

As for Global Warming, I'm not all that interested in those kinds of debates. I do think that the climate does change, and that the environment needs to be preserved, though.

----

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Not being able to sleep is lame, I was hoping I would stay asleep until 6 o'clock so I wouldn't have to wait for going to walmart to get smash. Plus this'll cut into my actual game-time since I'll need to sleep eventually. Oh well, I guess this is what they mean by first-world problems.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm eating Chicken in a Biskit topped with Cheeze Wiz

This can't be healthy for me

I've also never had it before, it makes a pretty good combo

I should have gone for the summer sausage as well, they were selling them all right next to eachother

Edit: Why is summer sausage eaten in fall/ winter?

Is it because it was made from a pig born in summer? And/ or slaughtered at the end of summer?

Does it's name have that kind of morbid reasoning!?!

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Not being able to sleep is lame, I was hoping I would stay asleep until 6 o'clock so I wouldn't have to wait for going to walmart to get smash. Plus this'll cut into my actual game-time since I'll need to sleep eventually. Oh well, I guess this is what they mean by first-world problems.
The true first world problem is that I have to wait another week.

the8thark

Smash Lord
SSB WiiU tidbits

Japanese New 3DS’s have been confirmed to work on the NA version of Smash Wii U, so we can assume there’s no region locking on 3DS’s as controllers
After playing someone online in For Fun / For Glory, you can send them a friend request
The random name generator in the game has a few cool entries, “FILS-A-MEK” and “PLAYITLOUD” are entries that may pop up when shuffling for a name

the8thark

Smash Lord
I wonder what the European and Australian Smash Bros fans are doing this weekend (apart from playing SSB 3DS)?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
SSB WiiU tidbits

Japanese New 3DS’s have been confirmed to work on the NA version of Smash Wii U, so we can assume there’s no region locking on 3DS’s as controllers
After playing someone online in For Fun / For Glory, you can send them a friend request
The random name generator in the game has a few cool entries, “FILS-A-MEK” and “PLAYITLOUD” are entries that may pop up when shuffling for a name
Someone needs to explain me this refeence, but there;s one name entry it is NOJOHNS...

The heck is johns?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm reallly loving all the throwbacks to the original Ruby and Sapphire games. In the Rustboro Gym the original artwork for Hoenn can be seen.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Someone needs to explain me this refeence, but there;s one name entry it is NOJOHNS...

The heck is johns?
A John is another name for a toilet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFXNsHC0jck
Funny video but it explains the point. If you're going to the John you're walking to the toilet to take a ****.

Really? They did that? rofl.

A "John" is competitive Smash slang for making up excuses while playing.
The name changes depending on the language or region sometimes.
And there is that too as a side point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom