• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I hate HMs too, don't get me wrong but nitpicking it when its been a series staple since the first game is just idiotic. Also "Too much water"

"Too much water"
In a game that takes place in a tropical setting.

IGN is a joke in and of itself.
Well, you know what they say about IGN... they toast toast.

-It Glitch
-It forces me to play as another character (SUCH BAD DESIGN)
Keep it here to IGN

/review

Yes that's what actually happened
But Unity gets 7.8? Yea, ok.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
What the **** is with the .8 anyway, give it a 7 or an 8, dont play around with vague in-betweens. The 10 point scale is big enough as it is.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
After my last predictions caused an angry mob (Crashboards for those wondering), I am back with predictions for tomorrow:
Snow in my area
Someone studies for an exam
And Smashboards crashes for no reason.
Lame predictions huh?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Plebs! You posting trophy images when beanman25jr has a whole video with trophy goodness?

Plebs.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hate HMs too, don't get me wrong but nitpicking it when its been a series staple since the first game is just idiotic. Also "Too much water"

"Too much water"
In a game that takes place in a tropical setting.

IGN is a joke in and of itself.
The HM thing shouldn't be a big deal, That's how it's always been and it seems to be getting better in each title since their inception. Though I can see why tons of water might be a little boring. That's the kind of thing that people complained about in the original.

-It Glitch
-It forces me to play as another character (SUCH BAD DESIGN)
Keep it here to IGN

/review

Yes that's what actually happened
I'm calling shenanigans that a Little Big Planet game would only get a 6.8. That seems like lowballing such a good series. That ain't right.

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
At this point I believe Steam reviews more than I do IGN. At least people on steam know the new cod and ac are **** and tell others not to recommend it.

IGNs review of Majora's Mask 3D: Too much moon and too many dungeons/10

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
"Alternatively, it may have failed to load. Whoops!"
Well personally I don't think it was just the ad.
It happens when your connection gets interrupted in the middle or a very slow connection. I've seen this hundreds of times.
I know how and why this happens, this isn't the first time, nor will it be the last, I assure you. I just post dumb things when I'm bored (And sometimes when I'm not...)
6.5?!?!?!!

What the hell?
Wow, 6.5? Really?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
At this point I believe Steam reviews more than I do IGN. At least people on steam know the new cod and ac are **** and tell others not to recommend it.

IGNs review of Majora's Mask 3D: Too much moon and too many dungeons/10
Developers buy good reviews from IGN, so yeah..

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What the **** is with the .8 anyway, give it a 7 or an 8, dont play around with vague in-betweens. The 10 point scale is big enough as it is.
Nah, don't you get it? The .256 will let you know the exact amount of quality in the draw distance during the first third of the game. Also, it makes us sound smarter.

It's perfect honestly.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Changed my avatar to 2spooky Marisa.

also touhou 14.5 hype wooooo
This is the first Touhou game whose release I knew before-hand. I'll join the hype once I get more concrete info about it.

I'm going to call it Marisa's Mansion for Alliterative Appeal.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Someone wants to battle ? I'm up for it.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
I had the weirdest dream last night. I was playing Smash Tour, but I was on the Gameboard itself. I could push other players off the board to make them lose coins, and throwing balls of mud at them also made them drop coins. It was hilarious and confusing at the same time.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Its kinda like a ghetto 100 point review, which are pretty dumb as well. 5 or 6 point scale is perfect.
I prefer a 1-10 scale myself. But it's annoying when you do see so many 5.9's or 6.8's. At that point you might as well round it out for the sake of simplicity. It'll save you the milliseconds of time as it is.

I also like a 1% - 100%, but it's not the best means of conveying a simple score.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
People bashing on IGN again? Same old same old. I'll say the same thing I said yesterday. How do they still have any credibility? I know that they actually don't, but it shocks me to hear people say things like "well IGN gave this game whatever/10 so it much be pretty good". I feel like the reason most people even bother to check their scores anymore is to confirm just how ridiculous they are as "reviewers" of video games.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
People bashing on IGN again? Same old same old. I'll say the same thing I said yesterday. How do they still have any credibility? I know that they actually don't, but it shocks me to hear people say things like "well IGN gave this game whatever/10 so it much be pretty good". I feel like the reason most people even bother to check their scores anymore is to confirm just how ridiculous they are as "reviewers" of video games.
Oh no, don't get me wrong I never believe what IGN says. I know and understand that they are completely biased, taking money from developers. But the thing is that people do believe them. Parents or little 14 year olds actually believe this garbage and focus their buying based on reviews, so IGN has a voice within non-gamers or people who don't have a lot of money.

Also this:

I'm crying. Kamiya is amazing. I still quote "Do you eat ****" from time to time

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Ever felt like your heart somehow got caught in your neck? That's how sick I feel right now. Seriously, why am I so sick this year? I haven't had a single healthy day for a few months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom