• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, because I have to be diverse sometime, let me tell you a funny cultural trivia.

Do you know why a bug is actually called a bug in the first place?

Before, computers worked with lamps, thus prodicing lights and seemed appealing for bugs like flies. Since those computers were very big in sizes, people had to be hired to exterminate the bugs since they could screw up the computer.

And today, bug is a programming error and an actual living bug like a fly.

The more you know!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I have a question: why does Smashboards crash from time to time? Every other forum I've been on, there were no crashes unless it was severe like a DDoS and that happened only once.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I have a question: why does Smashboards crash from time to time? Every other forum I've been on, there were no crashes unless it was severe like a DDoS and that happened only once.
See, Smashboards is a lot like an unstable house. It can work, as long as nothing goes wrong.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Smashboards gets more traffic than any other forum I visit, so naturally it can get unstable, especially during game releases or Directs. Crashes happen, even with huge sites like Facebook.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Maybe another person was doing more than 100 invites when I started my waves :)
What waves? MICROWAVES? RADIOWAVES? INFRARED? ANSWER ME!

See, Smashboards is a lot like an unstable house. It can work, as long as nothing goes wrong.
At least it's not a nuclear reactor... or Uplay.

Smashboards gets more traffic than any other forum I visit, so naturally it can get unstable, especially during game releases or Directs. Crashes happen, even with huge sites like Facebook.
I was a part of the Battlefield: Bad Company and Battlefield 3 forums before things hit the fan. I'm pretty sure BF has a ton of people and visits too.

Every other forums is small because either the game series isn't well-known e.g. Devil May Cry, Saints Row - you can blame THQ dying and extreme difficulties from migrating stuff from THQ to Deep Silver; I'm only there trying to resolve my account issues -, and Fire Emblem or it's not super popular e.g. LinusTechTips.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Unleashed is on PC? :troll:
It's an actual console hack

But there is a Sonic Unleashed mod for Sonic Generations where you play in every Day stage (sans Eggmanland) in the Sonic Generations engine.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I am convinced that in Smash Run, the wrench bags no longer spawn after you collect 6 of them. Afterwards, I can only find the Smash Power (question mark) bags and trophies.

D

Deleted member

I GOT EVERY CUSTOM MOVE
MOVES = SHOWN
Now I just need to get all the Mii hats and play 50 hours of Smash.

Soul.

Lmao, I just realized Villager can wall jump. How couldn't I notice this.

Last edited:

Soul.

Well, I just learned it...

how does it make sense actually?

weird...
I don't know, lol. I was playing him in Smash Run and found that just now. I'm getting his custom moves.
He already has a good recovery. I guess wall jumping only helps him more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On a side note, does anyone know if actually playing as Mii increases the droprate of hats & costumes for them?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, I just learned it...

how does it make sense actually?

weird...
I don't know, lol. I was playing him in Smash Run and found that just now. I'm getting his custom moves.
He already has a good recovery. I guess wall jumping only helps him more.
Meanwhile, in Luigi's world...

Can't wall-jump. Planned to be able to in early development... But nope.

On a lighter note: Biz Markie's Just A Friend is a nice song. **** you, Zinyak. Ruining a good song.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
makes even less sense.

Please, I hope samus can...
Samus and Zero Suit Samus could wall-jump since it was introduced in Melee. Technically, Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Wario, Peach, Rosalina, and probably Bowser and Bowser Jr. (and the Koopalings) should all be able to wall-jump. If Waluigi makes it in along Daisy since pretty much any Mario character can wall-jump.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Samus and Zero Suit Samus could wall-jump since it was introduced in Melee. Technically, Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Wario, Peach, Rosalina, and probably Bowser and Bowser Jr. (and the Koopalings) should all be able to wall-jump. If Waluigi makes it in along Daisy snce pretty much any Mario character can wall-jump.
I can tell you that logically, exclude Paper Mario.

But considering those weird VGL, he will have it :troll:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meanwhile, in Luigi's world...

Can't wall-jump. Planned to be able to in early development... But nope.
Technically he can crawl though. :bee:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I can tell you that logically, exclude Paper Mario.

But considering those weird VGL, he will have it :troll:
I said "pretty much", not all, but yeah, anything's possible. I mean, Link can phase through walls as shown in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. :p

Unrelated: man, I love sing-alongs in Saints Row especially with Zinyak butchering everything, but one thing is that the 2nd and 3rd female voice options aren't clicking with me. One, the 2nd one is really annoying, bad French accented, though, that might be because I remember a cute, Canadian girl's accent. Embarrass

Ahem... The 3rd one just sounds so soft which makes sense since it's supposed be a Southern Belle voice, but it just doesn't fit. Laura's, the 1st's, is just hilarious since I associate Laura Bailey with sweet and regular people rather than an crazy, sailor-mouthed gangster.

Then again, I only liked the 1st female voice option in SR2. I wished she reprised her role as a voice option. Oh, and no Tara Platt, the Russian, Eastern European, "Niko! It's your cousin Roman!" voice nor do we get the Hispanic female voice from SR2 - she reprised her role for almost all the games since SR2 allowed for a female player character.

Technically he can crawl though. :bee:
Mario can crawl... In his own games...

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Anyone else here a LittleBigPlanet player?

LBP3 comes out just a few days before Smash Wii U, and it's at the same level of hype for me, if not higher.

After watching videos of what's possible in it, all of my expectations have been blown out of the water. LBP2 was already such a massive improvement over the first game, but they've even double upon that game now as well. It's so glorious.

I can finally make a full blown 3D platformer with all sorts of collectibles, there's so much that can be done...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

LBP3 comes out just a few days before Smash Wii U, and it's at the same level of hype for me, if not higher.

After watching videos of what's possible in it, all of my expectations have been blown out of the water. LBP2 was already such a massive improvement over the first game, but they've even double upon that game now as well. It's so glorious.

I can finally make a full blown 3D platformer with all sorts of collectibles, there's so much that can be done...
I've never heard much about that game after it's initial announcement. I didn't even know it came out this year. But it does look to be pretty great.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I like LBP, but it's nowhere near as important to me as Smash is.
You can make 3D platformers now? Sounds great. I don't have the patience to make things in it but I do love seeing what eveyone else has crafted. Some real creativity and talent out there.

Anyway I learnt it's Halloween today. It's supposedly getting bigger and bigger every year here in Australia. Apparently it tops Father's Day in importance to retailers now and sales in lollies and Halloween merchandise have jumped 1000%. All these statistics sound really strange to me as the most people I've had come to my door to trick or treat is 2. Every year I usually either get 1 or no one. My friend apparently gets 50 people each year and he absolutely hates it.

Also Nintendo explained some QoL stuff!
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/satoru_iwata_outlines_nintendos_first_qol_platform

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Samus and Zero Suit Samus could wall-jump since it was introduced in Melee. Technically, Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Wario, Peach, Rosalina, and probably Bowser and Bowser Jr. (and the Koopalings) should all be able to wall-jump. If Waluigi makes it in along Daisy since pretty much any Mario character can wall-jump.
How would Bowser Jr. wall-jump with the Clown Car? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom