• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nah. The only difference is that Zelda Universe changed Pit's voice actor. Oh and they used 3DS art for the side animations.
Yeah, no wonder why their artwork's edge looks blurry.
And it seems that this channel makes dubs for other LoZ games as well.
If there are any game that needs English dub has to be Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, kind of ashame that there's no English dub for this game. Hope these crews can make one for this game.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I'm not a big fan of English dubs for Japanese games but I think #FE should have had one to be consistent with other Atlus games and Fire Emblem. I played the persona and SMT series in English because that's what was available so I'm used to it, however I wished for dual audio. It's such an alienating thing to do with your game if the main community isn't used to Japanese voice acting though.

I'm fine with it but in my opinion it's a bad move, esp because it didn't sell well in Japan in the first place.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I FINALLY DID IT!

WWE 2k17 Roster

Adrian Johnson - SD!
Agumon - RAW
Bandito - RAW
Banjo T - RAW
The Black Jolt - SD!
Blaze Ken - RAW (United States Champion)
Bonzer Koala - SD!
Chase King - RAW
Cheezer Jones - RAW
Chris Luger - SD!
Colin London - SD!
Crash Bandicoot - SD!
Diddy Kong - SD!
Dingodile - SD! (World Champion)
Donkey Kong - RAW (World Tag Team Champion)
Donnie Crusher - SD!
Dublin Toan - SD!
Fox McCloud - SD!
Gabumon - SD!
Gengar - RAW
Greninja - RAW
Gunner Wolfe - RAW (European Champion)
Hawkins Gray - SD!
Hong Kong - RAW
Ice Dragon - RAW
Ivan Young - RAW
Javier Harrison - SD!
Jimmy London - SD!
Kenta - SD! (Intercontinental Tag Team Champion)
Kian - SD! (International Champion)
Kirk Maverick - RAW
Knuckles the Echnida - SD!
Kyle Nitro - RAW
Lance $tarr - SD!
Larry Koopa - SD! (Cruiserweight Champion)
Leon Bryant - RAW
Little Mac - RAW (World Tag Team Champion)
Lucario - RAW
Maximus Azrael - RAW
Mercury Baxter - RAW
Miles "Tails" Prower - SD!
Minun - SD!
Nathan Sky - RAW
Parker White - RAW
Pellet Smith - SD!
Plusle - SD!
Ralph - SD!
Ricky Taylor - RAW
Riley Kennedy - RAW
Rusty - SD!
Ryan Wilson - RAW
Ryder - RAW (World Heavyweight Champion)
Sidus Matthews - SD! (Intercontinental Tag Team Champion)
Sneaky - SD!
Stryder - RAW
Sunny Young - RAW
Water Dragon - RAW
Weavile - RAW
Yoshi - SD!
Zangoose - SD!

Becky Moonstone - SD!
Bloom - RAW
Coco Bandicoot - RAW (Women's Champion)
Gia Oliver - SD!
Jade - RAW (Women's Tag Team Champion)
Kiera Blake - RAW
Molly Cortex - SD!
Nova - RAW
Paige - SD! (Knockout's Champion)
Pounce - SD!
Selina Everett - SD!
Severa - RAW
Shasta - SD!
Snip - SD!
Sonya McGregor - RAW
Valentina Sea - RAW (Women's Tag Team Champion)

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
With how many children ***** about localization, I can't blame them at this point for not having one.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Urgh... enough with the Yokai Watch and Pokemon comparison... I assume it's just a coincidence.

And what do you guys think about this video? Do you think Yokai Watch will be the next Pokemon?
I prefer people just recognize is as something completely different. At a first glance, it may seem pretty similar, but when you delve deeper into yokai watch, it's pretty different. I find myself a big fan of yokai watch and a fan of pokemon too! So arguements like these seem pretty silly to me. Yokai watch wont be the next pokemon because it's much different! :colorful:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I believe Yokai Watch has the potential to carve a niche for itself even if it is perceived as Pokémon rip-off by many. The games and the animé are already moderately popular (yes, even here), which is feat in itself.

I don't think it will equal or surpass Pokémon given the latter's 17 year lead, but it has a good future ahead.

:231:

Last edited:

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
Last night the map didnt load and we were playing in the controller layout test room!!! There were walls all around in a white room and me and this shulk couldn't kill each other! Then it went to sudden death but we couldnt kill each other and there is no timer so i had to quit and i couldnt save the replay! Ive searched and couldnt find this happening to anyone else before

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
While I can't say much regarding the Yokai Watch games themselves (as I've never played them nor have a desire to), I do think that as much of a mess it can be, the whole YW vs Pokemon is going to be something that will haunt both franchises as long as they live.

It's the sad reality of gaming, people want to think the games they like are better than the other. And then bicker needlessly as if opinions are like unicorns or something.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm not a big fan of English dubs for Japanese games but I think #FE should have had one to be consistent with other Atlus games and Fire Emblem. I played the persona and SMT series in English because that's what was available so I'm used to it, however I wished for dual audio. It's such an alienating thing to do with your game if the main community isn't used to Japanese voice acting though.

I'm fine with it but in my opinion it's a bad move, esp because it didn't sell well in Japan in the first place.
I had also watch the channel's Hyrule Warrior's dub, it's amazing but I do agree it can be kind of annoying if you hear them while playing.
I prefer people just recognize is as something completely different. At a first glance, it may seem pretty similar, but when you delve deeper into yokai watch, it's pretty different. I find myself a big fan of yokai watch and a fan of pokemon too! So arguements like these seem pretty silly to me. Yokai watch wont be the next pokemon because it's much different! :colorful:
Yep, however I will still disagree those who said "Yokai Watch is the next Pokemon!" or even more ruthless statement "Yokai Watch destroyed Pokemon!". I did see some people in my country said these statements...
While I can't say much regarding the Yokai Watch games themselves (as I've never played them nor have a desire to), I do think that as much of a mess it can be, the whole YW vs Pokemon is going to be something that will haunt both franchises as long as they live.

It's the sad reality of gaming, people want to think the games they like are better than the other. And then bicker needlessly as if opinions are like unicorns or something.
Which these two games were never worth of comparing. I would be fine if people compare Pokemon to Digimon though.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Well said.
I have seen more Yokai watch stuff... but I still see tons of Pikachu plushies as well.
That's normal because neither of the franchises are out to kill each other. They are just games that people find similar. Yokai watch is fantastic in my opinion, but wont reach pokemon in terms of popularity. (maybe with lots of time given? Not sure.) Dont worry! Pokemon is here to stay! All awesome and stuff.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Jesus ****ing Christ ill have a ****ing seizure out of anger
Even after months, I cant buy ****ing anything in the PSN store. It just cant accept any ****ing cards I use
I never had any issues with the Xbox Marketplace. Fine, Sony. You don't want my money? Then go **** yourselves. I'll just give it to Steam then.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
^
Someone understands me, except my cards don't flatout anywhere outside India. :teeth:

Eh, whatever, lol

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I don't know what Yokai Watch is, but "being the next Pokemon" isn't a very light thing in of itself. Pokemon is so huge and influential. a cultural and international icon, not just anything can become "the next Pokemon".

Chances are, if there are people like me who don't know what it is, it's not the next Pokemon.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
I believe, according to SourceGaming, Geno has been considered at least twice, but never really got past that stage. Our good buddy PushDustin would know though, wouldn't he? :p

Although with the mii costume representation, I sort of have a cautiously optimistic approach for him in the future of the franchise? (I feel this way with some other characters who only got mii costumes, it's definitely some recognition that they exist and could work) I know Geno's only been playable once, but Super Mario RPG is one of the most highly praised SNES games- and hell, probably considered to be the best of the Mario RPGs- so it wouldn't really shock me.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok so I don't post often, but this one for just 2 people, I had to :)

FalKoopa FalKoopa and especially @Flight you should read this :)

Basically, if you don't remember, my Windows environment is a bit complicated because I only use that OS for compatibility. It's a Windows 10 vm originated from a legit upgraded Windows 7 I bought with my first laptop which was NOT a vm. The idea is that when my laptop died, my HDD didn't so I just put the HDD in a new destop pc and I found a way to setup virtualbox to boot that physical partition via a vm (even though the disk memory truly existed in reality). Then, when Windows 10 came out I upgraded it.

However, despite virtualbox serving me well for the past 2 years......it has some shortcomings. It's slightly more complicated to setup your devices, can have some problem when full screen and tbh, it's a bit of a cheaper alternative because.....it just seems to cover the very minimum you need. The main problem I had with virtualbox is opengl: it doesn't feature good support, gpu caps viewer determined I was using ogl 1.1 which......you can't do much with that.

The other main virtualisation software, vmware is on the other hand, basically the best known for virtualisation. It's very simple to have everything you need and probably more and most importantly for me, it can handle open gl 3.3 which is a lot better (you might get enough to run dolphin with this).

So after a while I decided to switch to vmware.....that was not easy to do btw, however, let me tell you....

VMWARE CONVERTER IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!

it's a FREE program where you can convert a machine INCLUDING THE ONE YOU USE TO RUN THAT PROGRAM! to a vmware virtual machine containing the exact same thing as your physical machine with virtual disks and everything. The only thing is......make sure you have a place to store this huge thing because you need enough to store the space used by the vm which should be a lot of GB since it uses disk space.

To even convert it I tried to export it to a shared folder one of my luckily acquired sshd (20$ for 500GB and I got 2 of them :D ). That for unexplained reasons didn't work so get this: I had to add a virtual disk to the vm taking space in my sshd, allocate that space within the vm and then export the vm to the root of that disk.....THEN copy that to a shared folder so my linux could see it.......yeah it was hard and I took hours to figure that out btw.

So now I had a vmx file containing my vm config and a vmdk containing my virtual disk yay!!!!

In fact, I was even surprised it booted right away.......slowly because sshd are NOT SSD, but it was faster than my old HDD that;s for sure. Anyway everything work except.......Windows activation system because let me be very honest: IT SUCKS!

Windows 7 and 8 was so simple, you just enter the key into the box and click next WOOHOO!!

Windows 10 however.......it's a bit more complicated if you upgraded.....you don't get a key, you get a digital entitlement with your pc specs telling you that this pc can use windows. First, I hate this because it doesn't identify by the product or you, it's by the PC. Second, it's dumb because if you switch motherboard (c'mon, dead motherboards DO arrive, it;s not something THAT uncommon) or cpu (same, but also if you upgrade), well Windows will fail the check and be like WHERE THE **** IS YOUR COPY????? Third, it's microsoft......yes that's a reason because I don't like them....

So guess what happened, my vmware stuff being different virtual hardware......Windows didn't get that I am using the same thing...... :(

And after a lot of attempts to use the good ol phone method (it worked for me the last time while the key didn't worked), rearm, activate by internet.....nothing. I booted my virtualbox vm and THAT one works........

So it was clearly hardware changes and in these cases, your ONLY option is to either call microsoft support to switch the pc where you can use Windows (this is legal) or get a new key (preferably OEM cause it's cheaper).

Yes it is legal to ask microsoft to change where the pc can use Windows for simple reasons: they say you have to use one key per machine......they didn't say you have to use THIS MACHINE AND THIS ONE ONLY so if you still have your old key, get a new pc without windows and you want to copy the license over, just tell them and NORMALLY it would work.

That was my idea and thankfully they are available via chat because......I didn't felt doing a call and be constantly there......it's a bit annoying.

So, let's be honest, I expected nothing, it's a VM, it's not your typical machine because it is running in a windows on my host linux.......you can get remote access to it if your network adapter is set to bridged (it means the vm will try to use the exact same network as your host), but still, you do have to agree that for microsoft to activate the vm remotely is kinda surreal......I mean, it's a vm, they would probably notice something fishy and not do it right????

Well, here's what happened, I got to the chat and surprisingly......I was the only one asking support because I was first in line......lol :)

So the guy said hi and his usual generic response message like me explaining the issue, him saying "I understand your concern" (you don't, you didn't do anything yet, pls :( ) and you know, the expected stuff. Then I realised he was asking me VERY pertinent questions such as asking for the windows 10 key (which I never got because upgrade), and the original windows 7 key (which I HAVE......but at 4 hours of car drive from where I am......so yeah, I just said I lost it lol) and then......he waited a bit and tbh, at this point, I was sure he was going to say to buy a key.......nope, he made an actual case and even gave me the number to it (I did had to give my phone number which......was very annoying, but I got this far......why not?) but then he said that the case is available for 30 days so I was like "is it going to take this long?", but again, nope, he even proposed to have remote control.

Now, here's the killer part: he COULD if he wanted because like I said, I have a bridged adapter on my guest so he will see my network the exact same way as if he was on my linux which means he can connect to it granted that I give him permissions. The thing is, it's very easy to know for him that he was in a vm, you just check the driver it uses and all it will say is VM VMVMVVMMVVMMVM.....you get it, dummy vm drivers. So for him to complete the process wasn't expected, I was just trying to save 20$ (OEM key price) here. Oh and here's a thing I forgot, when he asked me where I purchased my Windows 7 key (probably to know the key type like OEM and retail), I said I got it preinstalled on a laptop I purchased which......made him assumed I was using a laptop. So he was going into this expecting a typical laptop......you get why this was shaping to fail.

As expected he did got remote control of the pc (after a lot of lag due to me giving too much VRAM, I almost ended the communication) and he even tried to change my wallpaper......which was creepy because why would you do this?

Anyway I think he tried the same thing as I did because he was typing the command I tried (slui for those who don't know is the activation program, I think 3 is for a key activation so you can launch that from cmd) and he seemed to legit try to do it and then it wouldn't work as I tried already (I really tried everything before that support) Anyway, I got on discord with a friend to live comment the thing because I was sure there was no way he could be doing it.

But then after a while......he opened notepad, he wrote "Windows 10 home product key : " and then the cursor was blinking. I was like "what is he doing? you can't recover your old Windows 7 key with this thing!" In fact, I remembered 60% of my old key so I knew what it was kind of. He waited like 10 minutes with me wondering what is he doing and then suddenly......he pastes a key I NEVER heard of (complete different key I never saw and clearly not my old windows 7 key) and he copy pasted that key on the activation windows and clicked next and I was like "no way this will work right???"

but.....
If you can't read, the guy was logging what he was doing the entire time and he said that he tried to GENERATE a NEW product key for Windows 10, he secretly did it, pasted the key and then it freaking activated.....

Reminder, HE WAS IN A VM THE ENTIRE TIME! and this screens shows it (I hid the key and my discord id because it's sensitive info). It also shows that I was live commenting this lol :)

Like I am not joking, I even checked after the chat (he even asked me if I need further assistance like it was nothing) and sure enough, it not only says activated but NOW it says I have a key.....I didn't before.....

He was even kind enough to allow to printscreen this (cause he did wrote that key, but he did gave it to me) so what does it mean is I will NEVER have this problem again. He GAVE me a real windows 10 key meaning if I ever get this problem again, I could just switch the pc where the key belongs and I DO have it saved..... So whether or not I upgraded doesn't matter anymore, I have a key.

Like, I know I quite honestly **** a lot on microsoft (philosophies I disagreed with, they do a lot of questionable decision with privacy and security lately, UI decisions are meh and they still don't change what they should with Windows) along with plenty other stuff like what they did with Rare, their gaming policy (I still didn't forgive the share thing even if they 180 on it) and etc etc etc.....

However, you do have to admit: their support are actually insane. The fun fact is, that guy probably never knew it was a vm because after I was watching him do his things, he never opened anything suggesting it's a vm. So idk how he experienced it, but he probably still think it's a laptop (which btw, just checking the cpu would tell you right away that this is a desktop pc).

So that was it flight, I hope you enjoyed this activation story, let me know if you heard weird stories like that :)

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The article has no sources, which makes me rather skeptical.

Lemme tag PushDustIn PushDustIn

Actually they source...Source Gaming (Or according to them GAMING SOURCE).

They do the poopy thing of "sourcing" in a small label under the entire article.

...They also mislabeled us as "GAMING SOURCE". Thanks!

Especially since they sourced me, I can tell you they misinterpreted the information. Sakurai has never said he wanted Geno as DLC for Smash for Wii U. In fact, Cloud was chosen out of numerous Final Fantasy reps.

Here's the original translation in which the information came from.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

They do the poopy thing of "sourcing" in a small label under the entire article.

Especially since they sourced me, I can tell you they misinterpreted the information. Sakurai has never said he wanted Geno as DLC for Smash for Wii U. In fact, Cloud was chosen out of numerous Final Fantasy reps.

Ah yes, Gaming Source, my most trusted of gaming info.
Right next to my other favorite gaming site: Informing Game. Maybe I'll go watch some Attacked Screws later.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ok so I don't post often, but this one for just 2 people, I had to :)

FalKoopa FalKoopa and especially @Flight you should read this :)

Basically, if you don't remember, my Windows environment is a bit complicated because I only use that OS for compatibility. It's a Windows 10 vm originated from a legit upgraded Windows 7 I bought with my first laptop which was NOT a vm. The idea is that when my laptop died, my HDD didn't so I just put the HDD in a new destop pc and I found a way to setup virtualbox to boot that physical partition via a vm (even though the disk memory truly existed in reality). Then, when Windows 10 came out I upgraded it.

However, despite virtualbox serving me well for the past 2 years......it has some shortcomings. It's slightly more complicated to setup your devices, can have some problem when full screen and tbh, it's a bit of a cheaper alternative because.....it just seems to cover the very minimum you need. The main problem I had with virtualbox is opengl: it doesn't feature good support, gpu caps viewer determined I was using ogl 1.1 which......you can't do much with that.

The other main virtualisation software, vmware is on the other hand, basically the best known for virtualisation. It's very simple to have everything you need and probably more and most importantly for me, it can handle open gl 3.3 which is a lot better (you might get enough to run dolphin with this).

So after a while I decided to switch to vmware.....that was not easy to do btw, however, let me tell you....

VMWARE CONVERTER IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!

it's a FREE program where you can convert a machine INCLUDING THE ONE YOU USE TO RUN THAT PROGRAM! to a vmware virtual machine containing the exact same thing as your physical machine with virtual disks and everything. The only thing is......make sure you have a place to store this huge thing because you need enough to store the space used by the vm which should be a lot of GB since it uses disk space.

To even convert it I tried to export it to a shared folder one of my luckily acquired sshd (20$ for 500GB and I got 2 of them :D ). That for unexplained reasons didn't work so get this: I had to add a virtual disk to the vm taking space in my sshd, allocate that space within the vm and then export the vm to the root of that disk.....THEN copy that to a shared folder so my linux could see it.......yeah it was hard and I took hours to figure that out btw.

So now I had a vmx file containing my vm config and a vmdk containing my virtual disk yay!!!!

In fact, I was even surprised it booted right away.......slowly because sshd are NOT SSD, but it was faster than my old HDD that;s for sure. Anyway everything work except.......Windows activation system because let me be very honest: IT SUCKS!

Windows 7 and 8 was so simple, you just enter the key into the box and click next WOOHOO!!

Windows 10 however.......it's a bit more complicated if you upgraded.....you don't get a key, you get a digital entitlement with your pc specs telling you that this pc can use windows. First, I hate this because it doesn't identify by the product or you, it's by the PC. Second, it's dumb because if you switch motherboard (c'mon, dead motherboards DO arrive, it;s not something THAT uncommon) or cpu (same, but also if you upgrade), well Windows will fail the check and be like WHERE THE **** IS YOUR COPY????? Third, it's microsoft......yes that's a reason because I don't like them....

So guess what happened, my vmware stuff being different virtual hardware......Windows didn't get that I am using the same thing...... :(

And after a lot of attempts to use the good ol phone method (it worked for me the last time while the key didn't worked), rearm, activate by internet.....nothing. I booted my virtualbox vm and THAT one works........

So it was clearly hardware changes and in these cases, your ONLY option is to either call microsoft support to switch the pc where you can use Windows (this is legal) or get a new key (preferably OEM cause it's cheaper).

Yes it is legal to ask microsoft to change where the pc can use Windows for simple reasons: they say you have to use one key per machine......they didn't say you have to use THIS MACHINE AND THIS ONE ONLY so if you still have your old key, get a new pc without windows and you want to copy the license over, just tell them and NORMALLY it would work.

That was my idea and thankfully they are available via chat because......I didn't felt doing a call and be constantly there......it's a bit annoying.

So, let's be honest, I expected nothing, it's a VM, it's not your typical machine because it is running in a windows on my host linux.......you can get remote access to it if your network adapter is set to bridged (it means the vm will try to use the exact same network as your host), but still, you do have to agree that for microsoft to activate the vm remotely is kinda surreal......I mean, it's a vm, they would probably notice something fishy and not do it right????

Well, here's what happened, I got to the chat and surprisingly......I was the only one asking support because I was first in line......lol :)

So the guy said hi and his usual generic response message like me explaining the issue, him saying "I understand your concern" (you don't, you didn't do anything yet, pls :( ) and you know, the expected stuff. Then I realised he was asking me VERY pertinent questions such as asking for the windows 10 key (which I never got because upgrade), and the original windows 7 key (which I HAVE......but at 4 hours of car drive from where I am......so yeah, I just said I lost it lol) and then......he waited a bit and tbh, at this point, I was sure he was going to say to buy a key.......nope, he made an actual case and even gave me the number to it (I did had to give my phone number which......was very annoying, but I got this far......why not?) but then he said that the case is available for 30 days so I was like "is it going to take this long?", but again, nope, he even proposed to have remote control.

Now, here's the killer part: he COULD if he wanted because like I said, I have a bridged adapter on my guest so he will see my network the exact same way as if he was on my linux which means he can connect to it granted that I give him permissions. The thing is, it's very easy to know for him that he was in a vm, you just check the driver it uses and all it will say is VM VMVMVVMMVVMMVM.....you get it, dummy vm drivers. So for him to complete the process wasn't expected, I was just trying to save 20$ (OEM key price) here. Oh and here's a thing I forgot, when he asked me where I purchased my Windows 7 key (probably to know the key type like OEM and retail), I said I got it preinstalled on a laptop I purchased which......made him assumed I was using a laptop. So he was going into this expecting a typical laptop......you get why this was shaping to fail.

As expected he did got remote control of the pc (after a lot of lag due to me giving too much VRAM, I almost ended the communication) and he even tried to change my wallpaper......which was creepy because why would you do this?

Anyway I think he tried the same thing as I did because he was typing the command I tried (slui for those who don't know is the activation program, I think 3 is for a key activation so you can launch that from cmd) and he seemed to legit try to do it and then it wouldn't work as I tried already (I really tried everything before that support) Anyway, I got on discord with a friend to live comment the thing because I was sure there was no way he could be doing it.

But then after a while......he opened notepad, he wrote "Windows 10 home product key : " and then the cursor was blinking. I was like "what is he doing? you can't recover your old Windows 7 key with this thing!" In fact, I remembered 60% of my old key so I knew what it was kind of. He waited like 10 minutes with me wondering what is he doing and then suddenly......he pastes a key I NEVER heard of (complete different key I never saw and clearly not my old windows 7 key) and he copy pasted that key on the activation windows and clicked next and I was like "no way this will work right???"

but.....
If you can't read, the guy was logging what he was doing the entire time and he said that he tried to GENERATE a NEW product key for Windows 10, he secretly did it, pasted the key and then it freaking activated.....

Reminder, HE WAS IN A VM THE ENTIRE TIME! and this screens shows it (I hid the key and my discord id because it's sensitive info). It also shows that I was live commenting this lol :)

Like I am not joking, I even checked after the chat (he even asked me if I need further assistance like it was nothing) and sure enough, it not only says activated but NOW it says I have a key.....I didn't before.....

He was even kind enough to allow to printscreen this (cause he did wrote that key, but he did gave it to me) so what does it mean is I will NEVER have this problem again. He GAVE me a real windows 10 key meaning if I ever get this problem again, I could just switch the pc where the key belongs and I DO have it saved..... So whether or not I upgraded doesn't matter anymore, I have a key.

Like, I know I quite honestly **** a lot on microsoft (philosophies I disagreed with, they do a lot of questionable decision with privacy and security lately, UI decisions are meh and they still don't change what they should with Windows) along with plenty other stuff like what they did with Rare, their gaming policy (I still didn't forgive the share thing even if they 180 on it) and etc etc etc.....

However, you do have to admit: their support are actually insane. The fun fact is, that guy probably never knew it was a vm because after I was watching him do his things, he never opened anything suggesting it's a vm. So idk how he experienced it, but he probably still think it's a laptop (which btw, just checking the cpu would tell you right away that this is a desktop pc).

So that was it flight, I hope you enjoyed this activation story, let me know if you heard weird stories like that :)
That was quite an adventure, I see. :laugh: Interesting. Maybe I'll have similar stories to share when I get a new laptop.

I can see how they may have misinterpreted it. Thanks for clearing it up.

And lol "GAMING SOURCE". I guess they also watch "EXPLAIN GAME" videos on YouTube. :p

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Poor Sakurai. Even when translated, people still misinterpret him.
I think what happened was they read the Destructoid Piece and tried adding their own spin onto it without bothering to check the actual video. Because of their clear lack of effort, they ended up misrepresenting what was said. It happens a lot with blogs. They source each other instead of reading the original piece, and eventually the the meaning is lost.

I remember once there was a Pokemon parody game where the "Pokemon" would work in coal mines. Site A reported it was a fun parody. Site B said it might be a statement about how people work Pokemon to death. Site C said the game was made for political reasons. Huge change, and the original meaning was lost.

If you wonder why I get so annoyed about proper sourcing, it's because of stuff like this. It shouldn't happen with the Internet. The world's information at your fingertips, and you can't be bothered to properly understand what you are reporting on? It's worse when people are getting paid to do this, and still fail so much at it.

I think we were pretty clear in the video (which they source) that Geno was considered for Brawl, possibly for Smash for Wii U (but not as DLC).

Last edited:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Ah yes, Gaming Source, my most trusted of gaming info.
Right next to my other favorite gaming site: Informing Game. Maybe I'll go watch some Attacked Screws later.
Attacked Screws is my favorite Youtube channel. Maybe I'll lurk on Bomb Giant later on. Or maybe I'll read some gaming news on Spot Game later on. I also know of this cool place called Boards Smash. :p

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Yeah, gotta share these info to the Taiwan Smash fans. Even though there isn't much.
There are many Taiwanese who knows Japanese, but sadly most of them are suck at English... that's why there isn't much Taiwanese in Smashboards.
Attacked Screws is my favorite Youtube channel. Maybe I'll lurk on Bomb Giant later on. Or maybe I'll read some gaming news on Spot Game later on. I also know of this cool place called Boards Smash. :p
Watchover sounds fun too. :p

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Yeah, gotta share these info to the Taiwan Smash fans. Even though there isn't much.
There are many Taiwanese who knows Japanese, but sadly most of them are suck at English... that's why there isn't much Taiwanese in Smashboards.

BTW, it's okay to translate SG articles into other languages, as long as the articles/posts include a link to the original (so people can check the translation)...we don't care!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
BTW, it's okay to translate SG articles into other languages, as long as the articles/posts include a link to the original (so people can check the translation)...we don't care!
Are you wanting me to translate your article into Chinese? Uh... my English translation ability needs some refinements... I might thinking of taking a translation class next semester then...

And oh boy... Pokemon fans you gotta hear this, Hong Kong Pokemon fans are still pissed about the Pikachu Chinese translation... Taiwan we were upset about the title as well, but we won't go and protest about it...

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So the Sonic Boom cartoon has been airing here for some time. I like it so far. :estatic:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's something interesting that I was able to pull off...

The third tip is my modification to go alongside the attribute changes that I made to Jigglypuff. Because I set it to run slower than Robin, it's pretty much the slowest fighter on the ground, but I also stated that its high air speed makes up for the low ground speed.

I also modified the tip for two other languages...

English: Jigglypuff is the slowest, followed by Robin and Ganondorf. However, Jigglypuff moves much faster if it takes to the air.

French: Rondoudou est la plus lente, suivie par Robin et Ganondorf. Cependant, Rondoudou se déplace beaucoup plus rapidement si elle prend l'air.

Spanish: Jigglypuff es el más lento, seguido de Robin y Ganondorf. Sin embargo, Jigglypuff se mueve mucho más rápido si se tarda en el aire.

Last edited:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Watchover sounds like a fun game. People often compare it to 2 Fortress Team, but I don't think the games need to be compared. There's also BornBattle. :p

Nah, but for real, I've played the public Overwatch beta, and it was fun, but I regret not trying out everyone now. I mostly just stuck with Bastion through the demo because I wrecked everything with Bastion. :p If I get the full game though (highly likely), I definitely want to give everyone a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom