• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
When I woke up, I had 5 new trophies.
Text Architect
Do you have a fan club yet?
Friends with everyone
Smashing wordsmith
Only the best is good enough

Soooo, I also got the "You work for the man now" trophy a few days ago. Did you get it?

:231:
Nope!

:'D

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh...
And the Mighty No.9 trailer?I never thought it was that bad until I saw Alpha Omega Sin's video about it.

I later comment down below and somehow he replied "Wut??" which confuses me.

Here's all the details:
And my comment:

Me
The trailer sucks? Well, it was similar to the last PS4 trailer... and totally different from the last Wii U trailer (No narrator...)... Update: I was sort of stunned to see the "What are you talking about?"replies, don't get me wrong this trailer just reminds me the PS4 trailer that came out last year.

AlphaOmegaSin36 分鐘前
Wut???

SteveViews29 分鐘前
Ha Ha Ha LOOOL

antonius banderas28 分鐘前
Oi

The Batman28 分鐘前
there's no such thing as looking or buying this title alpha. not even thinking about it lol. good video on it though

黃鑫(mario123007)28 分鐘前
+AlphaOmegaSin The trailer I watch was from Gamespot Gameplay, and so far it was around 17likes and 7 dislikes, too minor to say it sucks. BUT Game Trailers, oh dear... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mkosvmZfqw << Here's the PS4 trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcnyAVc7WzI<<Wii U trailer With delays... and with the recent terrible trailers... man...

The Honest Swindler26 分鐘前
Ummm can you link that?? Other than that what are you talking about???

黃鑫(mario123007)25 分鐘前
Does anyone still remembers "Mighty No. 9 - Bring It!" Trailer? Okay I don't say just like... the narrator sounds similar, and both describing the game in nearly the same way.

黃鑫(mario123007)23 分鐘前
+The Honest Swindler I was just saying it's similar, I think I need to correct that...

黃鑫(mario123007)18 分鐘前
I will just wait until that release date and see the review, I won't be surprised if they delayed it again...

SteveViews12 分鐘前
Hey newsflash kiddo, games don't look bad at all on the Wii U.

黃鑫(mario123007)8 分鐘前
+SteveViews Obviously...

黃鑫(mario123007)6 分鐘前
+SteveViews And I never said the game looks bad on the Wii U, just a comparison between those two trailers. And I don't remember I saw any 3DS gameplay of Mighty No.9.
Did I say anything weird?

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I'll reserve judgement until I actually see it. I don't like the design either, but I wouldn't care about it if everything else turns out to be good. Given who's involved in this(Man of Action in particular), I bet this would probably turn out good.
...I don't see anything wrong with the premise though.

But honestly, I'm just glad Capcom is doing something for Mega Man's 30th anniversary given all the negativity towards it since Legends 3's cancellation.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The only thing I hate about the design is the face. Everything else looks fine I think. I actually like the Tron inspired look and think it's a logical progression. :p

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
*Sees that design* It looks... weird, though reading the premise, at least it's a different Mega Man from the rest, so if it's bad, game fans can ignore it.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
On one hand, I see why they're not maybe relying on the same story. I mean, Mega Man has reused the same conflict a lot, so yeah, maybe they wanna try something other than "Mega Man converted from lab assistant to fighting robot to fight against Wily." (which unfortunately it'll probably end up being something close enough to that anyway?) So I get that. But... I just do not feel this premise at all. I want new things to happen to the series, but I also don't want the people that were behind the Super Mario Super Show or Captain N working on it either (which happens to be some of the people working on this). :ohwell: And it's not that I don't want it to do well, my fear is that it won't and then Capcom will be like, "See? No one likes Mega Man anymore! You know, despite the plethora of fan games and other content people make in our absence!"

Mega Man is kind of trapped in a limbo lately which I think is what hurts the series a lot. Like, I love the classic games to death, but that's all that there seems to be interest in anymore. People who want another Mega Man game want Mega Man 11. Hell, it's all people make regarding fan games. They want something like 9 and 10 were. (which were great games!) I don't think it would end up being a bad game, but it doesn't really create any progress. It would be a fun game that would...just sorta keep Mega Man where he's stuck at. It doesn't really look at the big picture, which to me is "What could this series do now?" Not "What could this series do 25 years ago?" It'd be like if we never got Super Mario Galaxy 1+2, 3D World, or the Mario RPG games because Nintendo was like, "Well, we're just gonna keep making NSMB games."

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
G'afternoon, gents.

And although I'm quite late to the party, I got the "Only the best is good enough!" trophy, myself last night. I didn't even do anything noteworthy, as far as I'm aware. : P

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Megaman design looks pretty egh, imo. They should have just gone with the classic look.

GuardianGallade

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crazyhairdude
3DS FC
3325-2538-6421
same here.
super random stuff i guess.
Meanwhile I'm 99% lurker and I got awarded the "only the best is good enough" trophy this morning... The only thing I've actually done on this site recently is talk about a potential front-page article with some of the higher-ups, and I haven't talked to them about it in awhile because of school johns

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
What's up with companies wanting to redesign their characters for TV shows ? First Sonic, now MegaMan ? The Sonic designs were at least alright (with the funniest concept arts), but this MegaMan seriously looks bad. I mean...

The original design is simple, with a great use of shades of blue contrasting the red spots in his gun and feet (and ears), showing that they have fire power, or at least dangerous (ear blasters, where are you ?).
The face is pretty anime-ish, but are not a problem, and if anything gives the personality that MegaMan needs to show that he has humanity, thus showing that he is the protagonist.
And his proportions are pretty normal, emphasizing the important parts of his body by making them a little larger (mega-buster and feet).
All and all, a solid design.

And then you got this design, with his dark blue colors conflicting with the super light blue colors, hurting the eye.
That's the first problem with this design, the color palet. When you design a character, you don't want the colors to only be one color, with extremely conflicting shades of that same color. You don't pick a character, paint it all red with a super light red and a super dark red, it looks bad.
The body looks pretty bad as well. The proportions are too extreme, you don't put a big mega-buster, that doesn't even look threatening thanks for the size, on a skiny man, that just looks wrong. The arms and legs don't even have muscles to at least show the character has power, they're just flat out skiny, too skiny. It makes this MegaMan look weak, and you don't want that for a protagonist like MegaMan.
Finally, his face isn't looking all that expressive. The eyes especially look wrong on him, they don't look alive. It doesn't help to show a kid that this character is supposed to be cool or at least alive.
How can anybody call this design good, it's far from appealing !

I don't know how this cartoon (or "anime") will end up, but this design isn't great. It's my opinion, so think what you want, but I still think they should have scrapped this from the get go.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So... I watched the MM9 trailer.

I'm at a loss for words. And in a really bad way (I don't mean the "anime fan on prom night" one; I didn't get it)

"DO YOU LIKE AWESOME THINGS THAT ARE AWESOME?"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I'm at a loss for words. And in a really bad way (I don't mean the "anime fan on prom night" one; I didn't get it)

Really, this game have just get bad every time we heared new about it.

Mighty No.9?
More like,
Mighty Failure No.9 :4ryu:

Keiji, i tried to have -again- faith in you. But it seem that you just losed the last bit of hope i have.
Of course, Capcom have to show a MM design that is really not that great now.:4marth:

God, it is too hard to have a good Mega Man game?:4megaman:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

98f.gif

Me during the whole trailer.
Money wasn't really well spent there.

D

Deleted member

@Flight , need help here...please...

So recently my laptop with Windows 10 operating system (Which it was Win 8.1 and I upgrade it for over a month now), and it works fine with one weird error that bothers me. Chances are my Win 10 will suddenly go to the nice new Win 10 blue screen with :( and FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE error code on the bottom. Fortunate so far it only restarts my laptop and everything still works, but this has been happening for weeks now, it happens randomly. I didn't download anything when the blue screen happens. Does anyone know why this happens? Any way to solve it?
Uhh, I'm not sure. Do you have the latest updates installed?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Is it really that ba-? *watches it*

DASHING

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
For me the biggest cringe in that MN9 trailer was "And we know how you like Combo on Combo action" LIKE JESUS **** WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU this is like the Ouya all over again I swear

Hilariously the CEO of Inti Creates was appalled by how awful the trailer was and yelled at the people who were behind it. That's...really humorous to me.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I've got to admit, the trailer made me laugh. It's trying so hard on being "kewl" it's so humiliating.

That and it's better than crying of depression.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't have that much problem with the subpar graphics (those explosions, especially. Not to mention that it has multi-million dollar budget), but that narrator alone probably drove away a lot of people.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I've never liked Mighty No. 9 since the very beginning. From the hypocrisy of Inafune("japanese devs should innovate like the west, now go and help me with this game that's trying to be Mega Man 2.0"), to how the game seemed to obviously take advantage of the growing resentment fans were having towards Capcom(MN. 9 seemed to come to be at a suspiciously opportune time...), to it not actually seeming like it was an ambitious or special/unique game in the first place, and then cheap stuff like whoever wins the flight to meet Inafune having to pay for expenses himself/herself, and the whole Red Ash thing. And then not updating about the game for a long time and making the release much, much later than expected
I didn't lost all respect I had for Inafune when I heard of MN. 9, even though I was never keen on the game, but I had definitely reached that stage somewhere during it's development. MN. 9 is a cashgrab meant to capitalize on vulnerable fans frustrated with where Capcom was going with Mega Man, or at least that's how I see it.

Honestly, the most recent trailer is nothing compared to everything else.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm interested to see where the Mega Man cartoon goes.
Sonic Boom didn't look like it was going to be a good TV show, but look what happened.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Hi I bought a WiiU 4 days ago

Why do you play this game

Why do I play this game
Grats

Its a good gaem

Megaman is getting a TV show?

Well at least Sonic Boom TV show was the best thing to come out of it, that or the comics.
Yea, the writing is going to make or break this cartoon. I just hope the image they shown doesnt mean the show will have cheapo flash animation.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Hi I bought a WiiU 4 days ago

Why do you play this game

Why do I play this game
Why does one do anything at all? Why do fools fall in love? Why did I just eat 2 big bowls of Cookie Crisp for lunch? We may never know any of the answers...

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Technically they're an off brand version called Chip Mates, but you know, tastes pretty much exactly the same. The pun was just too enticing. Also that it was a bag twice the size of a normal box of cereal and was only $3 is probably more the reason why I got it.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Mighty No. 9's artstyle is butt ugly. The visuals are awful, but the game itself looks pretty fun to play, imo. I didn't have anything to do with the Kickstarter or anything, but I can totally understand why people were so disappointed.

Also, wow, that trailer. It felt like I was watching my high school teacher trying to use memes from 2009... :rolleyes:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Mighty No. 9's artstyle is butt ugly. The visuals are awful, but the game itself looks pretty fun to play, imo. I didn't have anything to do with the Kickstarter or anything, but I can totally understand why people were so disappointed.

Also, wow, that trailer. It felt like I was watching my high school teacher trying to use memes from 2009... :rolleyes:
I don't trust trailers like, ever though lol.
Lot of movie trailers have been total crap, but the movies turn out good. Same philosophy here, at least for me.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
That 'Do you like awesome things that are awesome?' part was reason alone to close the tab. Talk about being 'out of touch' there. Ah well, at least the Sonic Twitter took a jab at it:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom