• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Okay so like, do all of you still hold a grudge against me or something after the thread lock.
idk but I feel its time to let that grudge go away.

thats a nice mk lol.
coulda made uair combos for maximum salt tho
I don't have a grudge on you! :)

Don't blame your self!

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My hatred of water dungeons/levels aside:

One thing I love about Super Metroid though, is it's music. I think this is probably my favorite song from the game.

I just love the creepy and isolated tone of this one. Really fits the atmosphere of Lower Brinstar.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I don't like them because it just so happens that a lot of the water levels I come across in games are either filled to the brim with some of the most dangerous enemies yet, or because they're extremely confusing and maze-like.

(glaring at pretty much every Water-themed Zelda dungeon ever)

....though, that is pretty ironic considering my love of the Wind Waker...
I think people tend to hate water levels because it often slows your character's movement and makes level progress drag.

You probably love Wind Waker because it doesn't have either of the attributes you don't like. Not to mention the art style and the Overworld music cementing the tone of adventure.

D

Deleted member

Okay so like, do all of you still hold a grudge against me or something after the thread lock.
idk but I feel its time to let that grudge go away.
I don't see why any of us would in the first place, as other people have said it's not your fault the thread got locked.

Soul.

I've never held a grudge against you, hell I don't think any of us here have.
I sometimes feel a few regulars have one against me.
I don't plan on bringing this topic every single time I come in to this thread but like, I don't know. It's hard to be here, even as a "non-regular" when most perceive me as some stupid **** that ruins the thread.

"Soul's thread lock predictions were like the ESRB leak!!!"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Legendary Starfy had good water levels, mainly because it was built around them. :p If anything it's the NON-water levels that get annoying there. :laugh:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I don't plan on bringing this topic every single time I come in to this thread but like, I don't know. It's hard to be here, even as a "non-regular" when most perceive me as some stupid **** that ruins the thread.

The thread lock was not your fault. It was the result of the amount of spam the thread had and it has changed us on how we posted. Please do not be angry with yourself.

I never had a grudge on you. You have not done anything bad that made me angry.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think people tend to hate water levels because it often slows your character's movement and makes level progress drag.

You probably love Wind Waker because it doesn't have either of the attributes you don't like. Not to mention the art style and the Overworld music cementing the tone of adventure.
Yeah, that's another thing. The large presence of enemies that love to chase after you while your movement and abilities become slowed and limited make it an even worse experience for me...it's never been the water itself, far from it. Just common tropes and elements used in such levels.

The Legendary Starfy had good water levels, mainly because it was built around them. :p If anything it's the NON-water levels that get annoying there. :laugh:
Well, would I be correct to guess that Starfy moves a lot easier in water than he does on land?

If so, then that'd be the inverse for me. A game actually focusing around water could actually be pretty fun for me since that's the whole core of the gameplay and it would probably offer a lot more variety to water-adventure and combat.

In games where most of the adventure takes place on dry land, many water levels just come along and make me suffer through a lot of slow and dangerous gameplay.....

T

Trick or Treat

There was only one time you pissed me off. But I don't hold that grudge against you and after like a day or two it was done.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious

your like one of my favorite users to see post on here

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I think Rayman Origins/Legends has one of the best selection of water levels. Excluding the amazing art detail and music, it changes the feeling of control, movement of flow during level progress without taking mechanics away. You can still punch and move fast underwater as you would on ground, but the way you move makes underwater platforming a different experience.

Now I have an excuse to post this.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, that's another thing. The large presence of enemies that love to chase after you while your movement and abilities become slowed and limited make it an even worse experience for me...it's never been the water itself, far from it. Just common tropes and elements used in such levels.

Well, would I be correct to guess that Starfy moves a lot easier in water than he does on land?

If so, then that'd be the inverse for me. A game actually focusing around water could actually be pretty fun for me since that's the whole core of the gameplay and it would probably offer a lot more variety to water-adventure and combat.

In games where most of the adventure takes place on dry land, many water levels just come along and make me suffer through a lot of slow and dangerous gameplay.....
Yeah, mainly because Starfy has free movement in all directions while underwater, but is rather slow and limited on land, haha. Though ironically enough my favorite level was always a land level: there's one level where you traverse a rain forest by getting from the ground to the canopy...by jumping into and swimming through the gigantic raindrops that are coming down. I seriously loved that level.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Does anyone want to play Smash 4 Wii U with me?

@ Mr Snakey Mr Snakey Do you still want to play?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, mainly because Starfy has free movement in all directions while underwater, but is rather slow and limited on land, haha. Though ironically enough my favorite level was always a land level: there's one level where you traverse a rain forest by getting from the ground to the canopy...by jumping into and swimming through the gigantic raindrops that are coming down. I seriously loved that level.
That's a pretty cool level concept, actually! Sounds like it'd either be a lot of fun or a big pain.

Though I've never seen anyone else pin the blame on you for stuff like that, I'd have to say it's unjustified.

I know I've never held any grudge or ill will against you. I certainly haven't seen any other regular here show such behavior, either.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
In a kinda relevant confession; When I played Super Mario Bros. 3 I used to wear the Frog Suit in land levels just to have an extra power up and survive longer.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I was thinking of using a Saizou avatar but I'm glad I went with Navarre for my first FE-related avatar. It doesn't help that I like his design.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Speaking of Super Mario...

Has anyone player Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels? The real Super Mario Bros 2? That game makes me so mad. :mad:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh god making this icon more clear is a nightmare. Oh well its not a necessity
I was thinking of using a Saizou avatar but I'm glad I went with Navarre for my first FE-related avatar. It doesn't help that I like his design.
*looks him up*

Oh yes thats nice. I like that very much

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Speaking of Super Mario...

Has anyone player Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels? The real Super Mario Bros 2? That game makes me so mad. :mad:
I reached Level 7-2, got stuck for a while, I stopped playing, and I lost the cartridge later
Game was really hard indeed

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Cool avatar! Also welcome back to the thread!

I reached Level 7-2, got stuck for a while, I stopped playing, and I lost the cartridge later
Game was really hard indeed
It almost did get release in the USA and Europe but Nintendo thought it was too hard which what made us get the Super Mario Bros 2 we know of today.

This game is really hard... The All-Star version is better as you only have to play it once to play the other stages.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
The Legendary Starfy was a fantastic game, easily in my top 5 for the DS library. It's really disappointing they never made a sequel... :c

(I know there were three games that came out in Japan, but I'm talking about an all-regions sequel)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There was a Costume Quest 2??? I have to buy it. Loved the concept of the first one but hopefully this one is a bit better.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I recently disappeared after the initial thread lock so I only logged in to check my alerts. I haven't really kept up with anything but did I miss out on anything significant?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Legendary Starfy was a fantastic game, easily in my top 5 for the DS library. It's really disappointing they never made a sequel... :c
(I know there were three games that came out in Japan, but I'm talking about an all-regions sequel)
Four, actually. The one we got was number five. :p

I really want a Starfy Collection type of thing for the 3DS. Port the other four over, along with the fifth, alongside a new Starfy game for the 3DS. Add in amiibo functionality and have it come bundled with a Starfy amiibo and you're golden.

That's my dream, man...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Cool avatar! Also welcome back to the thread!

It almost did get release in the USA and Europe but Nintendo thought it was too hard which what made us get the Super Mario Bros 2 we know of today.

This game is really hard... The All-Star version is better as you only have to play it once to play the other stages.
I got the game in the form of Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for GBC; finishing the original SMB with a score of 300,000 or more unlocked the Lost Levels (called SMB for Super Players in the game).
I really need to find that game again, it had a TON of features

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I got the game in the form of Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for GBC; finishing the original SMB with a score of 300,000 or more unlocked the Lost Levels (called SMB for Super Players in the game).
I really need to find that game again, it had a TON of features
I have that game on my 3DS! It is very fun!

My favorite mode was this one where you had to collect the red coins and meet the stages required score.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I recently disappeared after the initial thread lock so I only logged in to check my alerts. I haven't really kept up with anything but did I miss out on anything significant?
This place will be done for good unless we keep up with the meaningful posts.

S

Silver_1357

Your profile picture fits the mood of that paragraph you typed.

Japanese just loves to get greedy with some of their games getting a sequel in their region and letting Europe and America get no sequels whatsoever don't they?

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Your profile picture fits the mood of that paragraph you typed.

Japanese just loves to get greedy with some of their games getting a sequel in their region and letting Europe and America get no sequels whatsoever don't they?
Well... Europe was treated very badly when it came to gaming anyway...

I wish they stopped doing that. I will just move to Japan then. :(

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well Pikmin 4 was announced today....and I've been catching up with Steven Universe....

Other than that I can't think of any significant news.

Last edited:

Soul.

Here's something for you to discuss I guess:
I guess none of you are going to believe me about this, but quite frankly, I don't really care. I'm not going to reveal my name, job, or affiliation with The Pokemon Company International, but I will reveal a few details about something you Pokemon Fans might be hapoy about. Believe whatever you want, though.

Within the next twenty-four hours, a quick teaser trailer will be posted to all official Pokemon social media accounts. It will reveal the titles and box art for the newest Pokemon titles. I can't reveal the titles, of course, but you'll learn soon enough. I will tell you, however, that it is not Z, X2 and Y2, or XZ and YZ.

Featured within the game are twenty-eight new Pokemon newly discovered in the southern portion of the Kalos Region. The "green blob" is one of these Pokemon, and is a Ground Type Pokemon. Yes, it can evolve. There are not any new Starter Pokemon, but there is a new Legendary Trio.

Fifty new Mega Evolutions are also going to be introduced. Yes, that seems like a lot, but they really want you all to discover them yourselves. I guess you weren't happy that almost every detail of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were revealed pre-release. They're working on that. The new Mega Evolutions will be distributed from all past regions, most notably from Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova. Some Kalos Pokemon will be receiving Mega Evolutions as well, but none of the new ones. The "flowers" theme is reflected in the new Mega Evolutions, as well as a new theme regarding technology's influence on Mega Evolution.

I can't reveal many story aspects, but expect AZ and his Floette to be very prominent. There are two new heroes and even a new Professor, a former colleague of Professor Sycamore's. Customization does indeed return, and there's even a new device that mimics the PokeNav. All of the applications it has are found on it.

Go ahead and dismiss what I've told you as false, but you will all be sorry once you hear the news. Thanks for reading, I guess
According to this leak, in about 24 hours we may be seeing the new Pokémon games. While I certainly doubt this is true it's something to discuss instead of posting GIFs, and if it really is true, then great. Give me Mega Flygon pls

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
All these costumes for TFH is making me think really hard about how Toon Link thinks about his gender orientation.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Here's something for you to discuss I guess:

According to this leak, in about 24 hours we may be seeing the new Pokémon games. While I certainly doubt this is true it's something to discuss instead of posting GIFs, and if it really is true, then great. Give me Mega Flygon pls
A leak of the new Pokemon game? While i am not a huge Pokemon fan (I only played some of X) This might be interesting... but i am not sure if i should believe it. Where did you find this?

Last edited:

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Just a reminder

Always practice gun safety.

No really, there is a 1% chance that this is real.

There is like, 1000 pictures of this stuff on Google, and a part of me feels like most of them are real. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom