• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Gamesharks and Action replays are your friends in these scenarios.
....ok I didn't said this before, but I really don;t want to use ANY phisical RAM hacking devices.

First, no matter how I see this, it;s risky. You put a code that tbh who knows what it does? It takes an entire manual to even figure out WHERE it changes stuff and if it does, well you pretty much have to hope the guy that made the code took the right hex value because it could do bad stuff (or in lucky case, just do nothing). There;s no guarantee that it wouldn't break the game.

And second, it;s really not much useful. The only use I would get to have so much powers on how the ram operates is if I am researching or investigating the game like glitch hunting (which are almost essential on 3ds because there;s no emu for it). The main point is to hack the ram so that something that normally takes hours could take seconds is first, to me it kinda breaks the purpose of the game, but also seems a bit boring.

My third and this kinda ties into the second point is that unless you are repeating tasks in such a way that the game didn't intended this to be done, you really shouldn't use hardware hacking.

And even if you did needed to gltich hunt the game with tests that requires to do it, unless your games are very recent, emu will cover you with cheat engine SO MUCH MORE than ANY emulated hacking device that I start to think they are irrelevant.

I glitch hunted TTYD for 6 months and basically, I rarely used the ar options in dolphin because cheat engine allowed basically everything. I could hack the ram with complicated, but much more powerful stuff that takes seconds to do on CE, but would take hours to get the code to do it and worse, it would never be as flexible.

So there, for playing a game, I wouldn't use hardware, I would maybe use emu hacking if I wanted to have fun since it breaks nothing. For investigating, I would use the msot powerful solution available which in the case of 3ds would be hacking devices.....but the other problem is investigating the ram because you can;t emulate the thing.....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

all this talk of action replay reminds me when all the Mario Kart competitive ****s were salty at 'for the win' hackers every time they were in a worldwide race.
I remember some guy who was throwing Bob-ombs and Stars at me just because I used hacks all the time (and I never got banned at that).

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Now that we are talking about Shinys, I'm really upset that I forgot what my first ever legit shiny pokemon was :ohwell:

I remember I got it in the a Gen 4 game, pretty sure it was Pearl.
We were?

I thought we were talking about AR.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now that we are talking about Shinys, I'm really upset that I forgot what my first ever legit shiny pokemon was :ohwell:

I remember I got it in the a Gen 4 game, pretty sure it was Pearl.
Red Gyrados?

Other than that, the first one I got was Charmander. I filled up a few boxes trying to get it.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Not counting Gold's Gyarados, mine was a Golbat in Sapphire. I lost it years later because I did some dumb things on GTS before I lost my Wi-Fi.
I have way too many shinies right now and that sucks, because I don't care about them.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Shinys were mentioned in AR discussion :p
Oh whoops! :p

I remember once my Super Metroid VC save data got corrupted and i was prevented from playing the game untill i deleted it in the Wii U storage management.

D

Deleted member

What's my first shiny Pokémon? I guess you could say it was MissingNo.

Soul.

My Shiny Pokémon in Y were a Vanillite and a Weepinbell, the two of which I got early last year.
Too bad they don't have perfect IVs though. I still have them there.

If I could effortlessly waste my time breeding Pokémon with perfect IVs and see if they're Shiny Pokémon, I'd gladly do it. But I want breeding to be a million times easier than in XY.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
If I could effortlessly waste my time breeding Pokémon with perfect IVs and see if they're Shiny Pokémon, I'd gladly do it. But I want breeding to be a million times easier than in XY.
I think it's already pretty easy, even when using Friend Safari Dittos.

D

Deleted member

Sick pun bro.

I'm pretty sure but first legit shiny that wasn't red Gyrados was an Entei (or Raikou one of the two) after chasing the ****** for so long lmao.
You're welcome.
I just don't play the games.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I never got a shiny. I only play like 2-3 hours of Pokémon X (or less)

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
like don;t get me wrong but AR or any other hacking device pretty much works the same way.

They just are simply hardcoded and programmed code that tells changes to do in the ram of the system (the game in these cases).

The only good thing you get out of this is the convenience of having to put that code.....

But you could manually search the thing you wanted to change in CE and once....just save with hundreds of values.....then do even more powerful stuff because it;s not hardcoded.

And changing the system ram CAN crash stuff. i once did changed stuff in TTYD for testing, trust me, you coudl outright crash the game if you changed a value that was not meant to be changed.

This is fine for using an emu when you would just savestates and load it if it crashes.

But for real machine....not only this can be frustrating, but could make the game unstable until you disable the stuff.

And even if the cheat DID worked, it CAN turn out very badly. Still in TTYD, there;s a moon jump cheat that if used a certain way can softlock the game.....

Sure, you have much more power with CE, but you still have so much (you theoretically have the same) with hardware hacking that I'm not even touching them with real machine.

Soul.

I think it's already pretty easy, even when using Friend Safari Dittos.
It's time consuming as **** though... well, maybe if I did put an effort. iirc if you get a foreign Pokémon and breed it with yours, the chances of the new Pokémon being Shiny are increased.
But I don't have a ****ing Shiny Charm smh

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
My first shiny Pokemon was a shiny Pidgey on Pokemon HeartGold. It was just north of Cerulean City. I don't remember what I was doing there, but I did catch it.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
After a few days of marathoning and grinding in Fire Emblem GBA, by Chapter 25, I feel as powerful as a military army.

Because I AM a military army!

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
After a few days of marathoning and grinding in Fire Emblem GBA, by Chapter 25, I feel as powerful as a military army.

Because I AM a military army!
Go rekt those SCRUBS!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
POKKEN IS CONFIRMED FOR WII U?!?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Brb getting my ghost machine ready. Guess I better start learning how to paralyze people with Lick

:crazy:

Sup guys? Been on Smash for a little. Feels weird because I'm barely playing games lately

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Hey guys, what's u-
*Sees talk about Shinies*
Ew.

POKKEN IS CONFIRMED FOR WII U?!?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Brb getting my ghost machine ready. Guess I better start learning how to paralyze people with Lick

:crazy:

Sup guys? Been on Smash for a little. Feels weird because I'm barely playing games lately
Outside of AC: NL, I haven't been playing games much lately myself, lol.

:094:

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258
I think playing Fire Emblem has started to make me appreciate the FE music in Smash Bros.

Tbh, I've barely touched Marcus. He's at Lv. 6.

Erk is my Ace in the Hole.
Yeah, Marcus, Erk, Wallace, Hector, and another General have been my only real useful units... Mainly because every dies in two hits.

Have you found someone who can use Darkness? Because I'm on Chapter 29 and I found no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom