• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm sure it's obvious that we won't get that much of new characters. Of course Sakurai could have add more, but I don't think Sakurai will want Smash4 roster end up being like this:

"Urgh.... where's Mario..?"

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'm sure it's obvious that we won't get that much of new characters. Of course Sakurai could have add more, but I don't think Sakurai will want Smash4 roster end up being like this:

Is Mario even in that image?

Oh there he is!
He's in the 5th row.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Gotta say, I'm actually pretty hyped for Corrin and Bayonetta. Both look super fun.

Cloud though...I can't stop playing as him.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
My buddy and I were playing some online battles together last night. If I got a dollar for every time we encountered a team consisting of Cloud and Cloud, I would be one rich dude.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is a Smash player's ultimate dream.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

That image has been around since the beginning of time.

Or 2006. Whichever one is more accurate.

D

Deleted member

I made some Cloud salty as **** as Little Mac.
That's what he gets for using down taunt like an edgy nerd after killing me instead of charging limit

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
tumblr_mu7il39oFB1r6k05yo1_540.jpg

Oh hello. I'm on my way to destroy some clouds.
Should be fun.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just found

I know the definition of realizable

It means

"Able to be achieved or made to happen"

Bayonetta won by realizable characters in the ballot

There's going to be so many bullets flying at sakurai if none of the most requested are not realizable.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Just found

It means

There's going to be so many bullets flying at sakurai if none of the most requested are not realizable.
I interpreted it as meaning that Goku won the ballot.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Just found

It means

There's going to be so many bullets flying at Sakurai if none of the most requested are not realizable.
Well yeah, that's what realizable means.
Even if I didn't know what it meant, it's pretty easy to figure out from the context in which it was used.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Just found

It means

That may very well mean characters like Goku, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Snake, etc were above her. Perhaps some Assist Trophy characters and Stage characters were also voted above her, like Midna or Ridley.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I found a video that describes the smash ballot in a nutshell,
note. This is the only video I could find of this, so just stop watching at 4:15
We just need to photoshop some characters in,
Kim-Krool
Ron-Lucas
Bonnie-Bayonetta
Computer guy- Sakurai
Announcer- Reggie
Anyone up for the challenge?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I'd spend 80% of my time in the css if that were the roster.

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393

I can't even find some characters as it is.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa

Just think of the balancing that kind of roster would require god.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I found a video that describes the smash ballot in a nutshell,
note. This is the only video I could find of this, so just stop watching at 4:15
We just need to photoshop some characters in,
Kim-Krool
Ron-Lucas
Bonnie-Bayonetta
Computer guy- Sakurai
Announcer- Reggie
Anyone up for the challenge?
Thanks for the nostalgia, mate. ;)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

If anyone can make a 427 character game (yes, I counted) that's actually well designed, they'd totally get my respect.

Plus I can tell this was made after the initial Brawl reveal trailer but before the first post-reveal character (:fox:) was shown.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
So... my thoughts on Kamui/Corrin as the final DLC character Smash.

Be warned, it's one hell of a rant:

Corrin/Kamui is one of the blandest and most Mary Sue characters I have ever experienced in a video game. The game came out 8 months after Smash and the English version will be another 7+ months after that. No one cares about Kamui and I'd wager they'll care even less when the game comes out. They're a walking advertisement, nothing more.

You'd think that after Roy (whose inclusion I was admittedly very pleased with, love FE6) any more FE characters would be "maybe next time" (again, especially when their game isn't even released internationally yet).

As for the moveset, I'll admit it might end up being pretty cool, but they could easily have done something similar with an older character like Tiki. I mean she can reclass to become a Wyvern knight in Awakening, so maybe give her an axe? I dunno, I'm not Sakurai. ;)

And don't compare them to Roy & Lucina's situation because:

1. They're both "clones" of an already existing character. Therefore, they are far easier and less time consuming to plan, develop and balance. Sakurai stated that even if he were to remove every one of the seven "clone" characters in Melee, they still wouldn't have enough time to make a new character from scratch.

Corrin/Kamui meanwhile, has an entirely unique and time consuming movest, will be the very last DLC character for Smash 4 to be released and the only first-party brand new character to be added post-launch. Coupled with the fact that a Smash 5 is uncertain, to say that Roy in Melee and Lucina carried the same amount of weight as this is ridiculous.

2. Lucina was a well liked and often requested character, adding her as a "clone" of Marth would allow her to be in the game while using up very little time. As I've mentioned above, I've played through the Japanese version of FE14, and can safely say that Corrin/Kamui is one of the blandest and most Mary Sue characters I have ever experienced in a video game. And even if they were likable, far from everyone has got the chance to experience the game yet.

And don't give me that "Roy is a boring, bland character and has sh*t stats" unless you've actually played FE6.
His stats are about on par with every other character in that game. Still weaker than most of the other central "Lord" characters in the series, but this was likely done as he is younger than them on average, too. It could have also shown how he relies on his friends more and "the power of friendship" and all that.

The late promotion is certainly a pain though.

3. Smash is often considered to be a representation of Nintendo at a a certain point of time.
Melee was released in the first month of the GameCube's life, and just one year after its predecessor.
Because of this, almost none of the playable characters were "new".

In fact, Pichu and Roy are the only playable characters in Melee that did not exist when Smash 64 was released. This is likely why Sakurai included a character from a game that was not released yet, so the game would still remain somewhat "current". I'd say this is more likely than Roy being "advertisement" for Binding Blade

Also, Binding Blade was released just 5 months after Melee. Fates, meanwhile, was released a whole 8 months after Smash 4.

TL;DR
  • Corrin/Kamui is a boring 1D Mary Sue character.
  • Their inclusion is likely advertisement for the new FE.
  • Not only are they a "non-clone", they're also confirmed to be the last DLC character to ever be released for Smash 4, so they have a lot of weight.
  • Roy and Lucina were clones that took about a day to make, so this doesn't apply to them at all.
  • Roy & Pichu were likely included in Melee to be better rep of the Nintendo of the early 2000s, probably not advertisement.
  • Binding Blade was released just 5 months after Melee. Fates was released a whole 8 months after Smash 4.

Well, I needed to get that out of my system. Sorry to be so NegativityBoards. :urg:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Corrin/Kamui is one of the blandest and most Mary Sue characters I have ever experienced in a video game. The game came out 8 months after Smash and the English version will be another 7+ months after that. No one cares about Kamui and I'd wager they'll care even less when the game comes out. They're a walking advertisement, nothing more.

You'd think that after Roy (whose inclusion I was admittedly very pleased with, love FE6) any more FE characters would be "maybe next time" (again, especially when their game isn't even released internationally yet).

As for the moveset, I'll admit it might end up being pretty cool, but they could easily have done something similar with an older character like Tiki. I mean she can reclass to become a Wyvern knight in Awakening, so maybe give her an axe? I dunno, I'm not Sakurai. ;)

1. They're both "clones" of an already existing character. Therefore, they are far easier and less time consuming to plan, develop and balance. Sakurai stated that even if he were to remove every one of the seven "clone" characters in Melee, they still wouldn't have enough time to make a new character from scratch.

Corrin/Kamui meanwhile, has an entirely unique and time consuming movest, will be the very last DLC character for Smash 4 to be released and the only first-party brand new character to be added post-launch. Coupled with the fact that a Smash 5 is uncertain, to say that Roy in Melee and Lucina carried the same amount of weight as this is ridiculous.

2. Lucina was a well liked and often requested character, adding her as a "clone" of Marth would allow her to be in the game while using up very little time. As I've mentioned above, I've played through the Japanese version of FE14, and can safely say that Corrin/Kamui is one of the blandest and most Mary Sue characters I have ever experienced in a video game. And even if they were likable, far from everyone has got the chance to experience the game yet.

And don't give me that "Roy is a boring, bland character and has sh*t stats" unless you've actually played FE6.
His stats are about on par with every other character in that game. Still weaker than most of the other central "Lord" characters in the series, but this was likely done as he is younger than them on average, too. It could have also shown how he relies on his friends more and "the power of friendship" and all that.

3. Smash is often considered to be a representation of Nintendo at a a certain point of time.
Melee was released in the first month of the GameCube's life, and just one year after its predecessor.

In fact, Pichu and Roy are the only playable characters in Melee that did not exist when Smash 64 was released. This is likely why Sakurai included a character from a game that was not released yet, so the game would still remain somewhat "current". I'd say this is more likely than Roy being "advertisement" for Binding Blade

Also, Binding Blade was released just 5 months after Melee. Fates, meanwhile, was released a whole 8 months after Smash 4.

TL;DR
  • Not only are they a "non-clone", they're also confirmed to be the last DLC character to ever be released for Smash 4, so they have a lot of weight.
  • Roy and Lucina were clones that took about a day to make, so this doesn't apply to them at all.
  • Roy & Pichu were likely included in Melee to be better rep of the Nintendo of the early 2000s, probably not advertisement.
  • Binding Blade was released just 5 months after Melee. Fates was released a whole 8 months after Smash 4.

Well, I needed to get that out of my system. Sorry to be so NegativityBoards. :urg:
No you're a boring 1 D Mary Sue character.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
P.S Bayonetta is pretty hype, though. I admittedly scoffed when people originally suggested her inclusion before the games' release, saying that she'd never fit into Smash. Then trust Sakurai to work his magic, wow.

Plus she's the closest thing to Wonder Red. ;)

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

That roster looks horrendous it hurts my eyes just looking that it. How the hell am I suppose to find the characters I want to play as in that mess. Talk about not being realistic, fan roster or not it's ****.

Morbi

Scavenger
That roster looks horrendous it hurts my eyes just looking that it. How the hell am I suppose to find the characters I want to play as in that mess. Talk about not being realistic, fan roster or not it's ****.
Just use the search function. :troll:

That being said, the roster was quite clearly made to be facetious.

Red-White

Smash Apprentice
We're giving a roster that will literally never happen too much credit by discussing it at all. jsyk.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

TL;DR

Not everybody agrees with your opinion, so you can't say nobody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom