• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Question Thread (Ask a question, get an answer from those who played)

NefariousShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
3DS FC
3609-1047-1128
assist trophy part: Magnus was shown on video. The only one I haven't seen yet is lakitu and chunky kong.
Ah yes, I forgot Magnus was confirmed. But again, the video showcasing him is my point. We would have also gotten videos showcasing Chunky and Lakitu if the rumors were true. So many people played Smash 4 past week, so it only makes sense more would have come out of the unannounced assist trophies than just a few reports from social sites.

But I could be proven wrong though, I'll wait until that moment comes.

Last edited:

NefariousShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
3DS FC
3609-1047-1128
Wow, lucky indeed! I got five minutes with Smash 4 Wii U, and I felt on top of the world.

I was too hyped for Mega Man to play anyone else during that time. I see you've reviewed Mac a bit, but just overall do you think he's good or not? I just want to know what your overall feeling is on him.
Love Little Mac. He just feels powerful on ground man.

He's good, but I can see him failing miserably on stages that require jumping if you don't have a good strategy. My advice when playing Mac is to always have ground as priority and treat the floor like it's safe haven. The air is your enemy, so always stay planted.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ah yes, I forgot Magnus was confirmed. But again, the video showcasing him is my point. We would have also gotten videos showcasing Chunky and Lakitu if the rumors were true. So many people played Smash 4 past week, so it only makes sense more would have come out of the unannounced assist trophies than just a few reports from social sites.

But I could be proven wrong though, I'll wait until that moment comes.
I was saying this because there's no reason to call those fake because how can you prove that they were lying? If I see some people all describing how chunky kong is a trophy but with different level of details that makes sense each other, I would have a reason to consider it true while I can't prove that it is. It wouldn't change the fact that I can't prove they are false and it would only be speculation.

It's not a fact and it can be proven... yet.

NefariousShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
3DS FC
3609-1047-1128
I was saying this because there's no reason to call those fake because how can you prove that they were lying? If I see some people all describing how chunky kong is a trophy but with different level of details that makes sense each other, I would have a reason to consider it true while I can't prove that it is. It wouldn't change the fact that I can't prove they are false and it would only be speculation.

It's not a fact and it can be proven... yet.
I'm the last person to call something "fact". I just have a strong belief in this. I'm just stating why I believe what I believe is all.

I don't really like strong beliefs, even if they're mine, so I eagerly await anything to prove me wrong that isn't just a report from someone (picture, video, etc.). But you have to realize that it's not hard to make any claim sound convincing on the internet. It's not always coincidence when people share different details that make sense when connected to each other, because it's likely that they just don't want this fun story to die, so they keep continuing it based off of what other people said last time. That's how a rumor spreads.

I'm not accusing anyone of lying or blaming people, a rumor is a rumor and it should be kept as that (It's no one's fault, it's just excitement taking them over). All I'm saying is that I believe it's fake. Please don't take it too offensively. Looking back, I agree that I was a bit too direct on presenting my belief, so I apologize to all of those that took a lot of offense.

There is still no proof of Chunky or other AT's except more rumors, so my final word on this is that if it's not here, I'm not believing it:

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Assist_Trophy#In_Super_Smash_Bros._4

Tingle, Magnus, and Lakitu are confirmed because they had dozens of reports from actual Smashers since the beginning of E3. With visual proof soon following after.

By the way, here is a video with Lakitu at best buy @ 10:35:

Darrylols

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-2880-7964
Since you've played both, which one do you think is more worth-while? 3DS or Wii U?

NefariousShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
3DS FC
3609-1047-1128
Since you've played both, which one do you think is more worth-while? 3DS or Wii U?
Both are exactly the same, and both are a ton of fun. Both will have exclusive features though, like Smash Run is exclusive to 3DS.

However, there is never one superior version despite exclusive content. The 3DS is not a watered-down version of the Wii U version, it plays exactly the same, but just portable.

It doesn't really matter which one you get, but I prefer getting both versions. If money is an issue, get the 3DS version cause it's cheaper.

NefariousShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
3DS FC
3609-1047-1128
Might as well ask; Did the Wii U version you play have any exclusive content?
Rosalina & Luma, Olimar, and Zero Suit Samus were Wii U demo exclusive. All stages in Wii U are exclusive too.

Nothing out of the ordinary for the Wii U demo that the 3DS demo doesn't have.

Last edited:

Darrylols

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-2880-7964
Both are exactly the same, and both are a ton of fun. Both will have exclusive features though, like Smash Run is exclusive to 3DS.

However, there is never one superior version despite exclusive content. The 3DS is not a watered-down version of the Wii U version, it plays exactly the same, but just portable.

It doesn't really matter which one you get, but I prefer getting both versions. If money is an issue, get the 3DS version cause it's cheaper.
Thanks! I think I'm going with the 3DS one. :4pacman:

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
If you have the consoles, may as well get both. 3DS is useless if you have younger siblings/cousins/casual friends who wouldn't own a video game console since they cannot join you in 3DS multiplayer. And smash is all about the multiplayer.

Last edited:

NefariousShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
3DS FC
3609-1047-1128
If you have the consoles, may as well get both. 3DS is useless if you have younger siblings/cousins/casual friends who wouldn't own a video game console since they cannot join you in 3DS multiplayer. And smash is all about the multiplayer.
3DS has online tho

Besides, if you just go to meet-ups like conventions and such where people bring 3DS's, you're bound to play someone with Smash 4.

Last edited:

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
3DS has online tho

Besides, if you just go to meet-ups like conventions and such where people bring 3DS's, you're bound to play someone with Smash 4.
I'm aware it has online and I'm aware you can play with strangers. But I and many others may have siblings and friends that don't own a 3DS so they cannot participate in a 3DS match. The ones that only have a PC, Xbox, or PS/Vita, can join in on the smash fun when they come over to visit your house (or you bring your wii u to their house) if you get the console version. I'm just going to assume you're more in a situation where you don't have a lot of close smash players and this isn't a problem. I've heard more than enough stories where people are like "none of my friends play smash, how do I practice?" so I know its not uncommon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom