• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest Smash 4 & Pokken at ComicPalooza 2016! $1000 total pot!

Smash 4 & Pokken at ComicPalooza 2016! $1000 total pot!
Posted by Krebs
George R Brown Convention Center
Friday, June 17, 2016 - 06:00 PM
Until: Sunday, June 19, 2016 - 08:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Combining forces between Smash United reps and Fight Sessions, we are happy to bring you Smash and Pokken at Comicpalooza! The convention is sponsoring $1000 in guaranteed cash prizes towards the two games. With a massive convention room for 3 days at the convention, its going to be quite the weekend!

Date and Time

6/17-19/2016
Friday through Sunday

Tentative Schedule (subject to change):

Friday: 7:30pm - Smash 4 Doubles begins

Saturday: 12:00pm - Smash 4 Singles Wave 1
2:30pm - Smash 4 Singles Wave 2

Sunday: 1:00pm Pokken

Game hall hours:
Friday: 10:00am – 12:30am

Saturday: 10:00am – 12:30am

Sunday: 10:00am – 8:00pm

The start times are also when registration ends. Please plan to come two hours before the start time to beat traffic + allow time for warm ups + friendlies.

Venue

The tournament will be on the 3rd floor (room 332) of the

George R. Brown Convention Center
1001 Avenida de las Americas
Houston, TX 77010

Event Fees

Venue Badge can be purchased HERE.
Buy the according badge for the days/events you want to enter. You will also be able to enjoy the rest of what Comicpalooza has to offer.

When you buy the con badge, please private message a picture of the receipt AND your gamer tag so that i can put you in the bracket before any cap is reached. The master list will be kept in the Facebook event page.

Payout
Smash and Pokken are free to enter with the con badge, however these events are guaranteed this prize distribution regardless of turnout.

Smash WiiU Singles ($500 guaranteed pot) (256 player cap)
1st: $250
2nd: $100
3rd: $60
4th: $40
5th: $25
5th: $25

Smash WiIU Doubles ($300 guaranteed pot) (64 team cap)
1st: $75 + $75
2nd: $45 + $45
3rd: $20 + $20
4th: $10 + $10

Pokken Tournament ($200 guaranteed pot) (64 entrant cap)
1st: $100
2nd: $50
3rd: $30
4th: $20

Smash & Pokken Rules

Set-ups

Comicpalooza will be providing 12 TVs. Please bring a Wii U+TV+Smash 4 and your adapter. If you cannot bring a full setup, just bring whatever you can because anything will help. Remember to have all stages, all characters and have the most recent patch for Smash 4 installed.

Other information
Official Comicpalooza Website
Houston Pokken Tournament Facebook Group
Houston Smash 4 Facebook Group
Comicpalooza Facebook Group
Comicpalooza Tournament Page
Comicpalooza Twitter Profile

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the Houston Smash 4 Facebook group, this thread, or private message me personally. I or others will assist you as quickly as possible.

Ewerkakid

Smash Rookie
NNID
TNT_Frag
3DS FC
0920-2460-2471
Does the TV have to have audio? I have a monitor, but it doesn't have a speaker. I can bring the Sm4sh and a Wii U, but I just want to make sure with the monitor.

PiñaColada

Smash Rookie
I have a monitor that doesn't have hdmi, but I have a hdmi to a vga connector that works great! Its the same as normal hdmi (tested on my tv that has hdmi) but the monitor does not have a speaker, so is a speaker required? I have the normal rest of set up, just wondering about the monitor.

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Does the TV have to have audio? I have a monitor, but it doesn't have a speaker. I can bring the Sm4sh and a Wii U, but I just want to make sure with the monitor.
You actually do not need the monitor, we are being supplied with all of the monitors we need.

I have a monitor that doesn't have hdmi, but I have a hdmi to a vga connector that works great! Its the same as normal hdmi (tested on my tv that has hdmi) but the monitor does not have a speaker, so is a speaker required? I have the normal rest of set up, just wondering about the monitor.
Same as above :) No worries about bringing it.

Hey, I'm new to this whole tournament thing, but am I supposed to register by your Facebook, or through Comicpalooza's website? I found this:
https://register.growtix.com/g/comi...&game_rating=&experience_level=&game_society=
Not sure if I should sign up there or not
Either works, BUT do keep in mind that neither are NEEDED. Best bet is just show up an hour before your desired event begins, say hi to me and tell me your tag and you'll be good to go!

I also want to add guys, if your monitor is compact enough and you wouldn't mind bringing it, it would help with Saturday Singles.

Also, a lot of ComicPalooza goers will NOT have a controller ready, if any of you wouldn't mind bringing a controller for any possible controllerless opponent you get, it would help speed up the event greatly.

Top Bottom