• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 New Mii Brawler Tech: Shotput-Shuffling

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
haha change your title. This looks like a spam bot posted it.

This look interesting but I can't speak to how promising it is. Probably not something you'll want to throw out a ton in a match since you're still punishable on landing from what I can tell. I'd have to see it used against another human to speak to it.

T0MMY

Smash Master
No description how it is performed? Otherwise it could just be (or be mistaken for) B-reversals.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Interesting. Maybe a new "tech" or maybe an interesting observation on the properties of the special attack, going to leave that to the opinion of the audience. If there was a way to cancel the Shot Put and keep that slide momentum then that would be quite a useful technique :^)

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Don't think it's a new tech, it's just the properties of Shot-put. I use this all the time without thinking, specially while edgeguarding. Jump to chase a recovering opponent then press :GCB: and hold away from the opponent.

But I have to confess that I had no idea the potential on a reverse Shot-put was so good! It's hard to do, though :(

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I already did this back in the 3DS era haha. You just shoot it out and hold back and because of Mii Brawler's superb air speed he just gets away for free.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yeah, not saying it isn't known, and it is rather intuitive and subtle, but the post regarding the property actually can get us Brawlers thinking about it more :^)

Shakyy

Addicted to Ice.
NNID
Shakyy
I find this technique to be great in the situation where the opponent has air dodged the first one and landed on the stage, you then follow up with a full hop retreating one and most of the time I've had the opponent try to approach me, they get close but usually eat a shotput which adds a nice chunk of percent which can then pout them in a position where I can combo them to death based on what character they are playing. For example the other day my friend was playing Fox, I had him off stage at around 30% he jumped back on and I did the technique explained abopve he ate a shotput to the face right in front of me which put him up to 50ish%, I then grabbed and down threw him whilst he was in shotput stun, to which I responded to based on DI with fair to fair, which then set me up for a helicopter kick kill killing him at about 64%

Top Bottom