• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Smash 4 in Melee?

Mega Fan

Smash Cadet
I just had a crazy idea. I was thinking about making melee more like smash 4. I don't have the skill or knowledge to do this, so I'm just throwing it out there. I was thinking like the ICs could be like Rosalina & Luma and Young Link could act like Toon Link, idk. Maybe there would be completely new characters. This idea seems incredibly colossal to me, because I have little hacking experience. But taking codes from people like UnclePunch, I feel like the modding community could create a mod that at least feels like Smash 4. As I said before, this is no quick task. Here are a few ideas, I guess.

• Nobody can wavedash because of new airdodge physics. (code made by UnclePunch)
  • Maybe remake Smashville and/or Town & City or Lylat (I'm sure there are stage mods that are like this)
  • Shield stun and hitstun are changed
  • Edge regrab doesn't grant invincibility, edge hog is removed
  • Maybe Smash 4 techniques would be in the mod like Step Dash and other things (I don't think it will happen, though)
  • Maybe rage could be in the mod.
  • No L-cancelling
Character-Specific Ideas

• Dr. Mario- Can wall jump. (Idk what else to give doc at the moment)
  • Mario- Maybe he has FLUDD, he would get his up tilt, up air, and up b combos, as well as giving him a powerful spike. Maybe he would have his Smash 4 dair too.
  • Luigi- Taunt is more powerful and has the home run bat sound effect, better throw combos, the jank down b spike, fix dair as well.
  • Bowser- Side b bowsercide, down b breaks shield, dair makes him fall faster, up air is faster and a good kill move, better throws, mash up b to go higher, larger arms, larger fair, bair uses his legs instead of shell, heavy armor.
  • Peach- Better throw combos, down smash doesn't do 70%, Peach gets more smash 4 tricks.
  • Yoshi- Fix up b (code by UnclePunch), better air speed, dair fixed, no more DJC.
  • DK- Better up b, side b does good shield damage, better grab game, fair spikes better, down b usable in air.
  • Falcon- Knee harder to land and has more land lag, aerials need to be fixed, side b catches ledge, better walljump.
  • Ganon- Side B ganoncide, slower fair, warlock punch has super armor, slower jab, side b catches ledge.
  • Falco- Smash 4 shine, just kinda worse everything. Dair nerf. Side b doesn't put him into freefall.
  • Fox- Side smash terrible, nerf shine, side b doesn't put him into freefall, up smash and up air nerfed, Smash 4 forward air.
  • Ness- Up b usable if hit against a wall (code by UnclePunch), better back throw, yoyo glitch removed, dair fixed, no more DJC.
  • ICs- Nana behaves like Luma (if that's possible), Popo acts like Rosalina, just a completely new character (if possible), also, no wobbling or desyncs.
  • Kirby- Side b is fixed, dair and up b spikes, heavier, better air speed,
  • Samus- No grapple extension, zair snaps to ledge, smash missile and charge shot do good shield damage, better up smash, missing zair doesn't put you into freefall.
  • Zelda- Smash 4 down b
  • Shiek- Same as above, also, no chain
  • Link- Zair snaps to ledge, missing zair doesn't put you into freefall, up b doesn't semi-spike, up smash is more powerful, side smash harder to escape.
  • Young Link- Zair snaps to ledge, missing zair doesn't put you into freefall, dair sends you straight down, side smash harder to escape, no boomerang glitch.
  • Pichu- You could replace Pichu with any new fighter, since he wasn't in Smash 4. Personally, I would love to see Pac Man or Villager in Melee, or maybe ROB or Duck Hunt. I would like to see Mega Man in Melee, too!
  • Pikachu- Can wall jump, down b spikes, fair is different, up air doesn't semi-spike.
  • Puff- Worse combos, up throw goes too high, bair is shorter, rest is less powerful and goes directly up.
  • Mewtwo- Better combos, no side b glitch, larger dair and fair animations and hitboxes.
  • Game & Watch- Fish bowl for nair, d throw to judge combo, up b has parachute and doesn't put you into freefall, also windboxes on up air and down tilt.
  • Marth- Tip of dair spikes, neutral b is a thrust instead of a slash, tip of sword has more hitstun.
  • Roy- Either replace him with a different Fire Emblem character or make him feel like how he is in Smash 4 (Stronger, better recovery, down throw to up b combo at low percent)

That's about it. I don't know how much of this is realistic or possible, but if anyone is interested, you can use these ideas to make your own Smash 4 in Melee mod. Shoutouts to UnclePunch, who is kinda the inspiration for this thread. I would like to see what you people can put together in a Melee mod. Thanks!

Last edited:

slowbruh

Smash Cadet
I think most of what you want can’t be done but i think you might find a better chance for someone to help you at the custom moveset thread

Last edited:

Capt. Tin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Capt.Tin
I've already done this by giving characters identical frame data and attributes that they have in Smash 4.

There's a bunch of codes also out there that allow you to get some of the Smash 4 style mechanics.

slowbruh

Smash Cadet
yeah, i wish that there were a smash 4 mod like that too
I thought there actually was but if you want that you’re on the wrong thread

Question: why do you want a smash 4 melee mod when you don’t even like the game

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
I thought there actually was
i been begging for that for a couple years now. everyone is too scared of Pus**** to do it cuz of how PM got shut down. even after i volunteered to use my name. let nintendo come after me, i'll take one for the team.

if you want that you’re on the wrong thread
which thread you talking about?
why do you want a smash 4 melee mod when you don’t even like the game
i personally just want all the extra characters, upgraded graphics would be cool too but being a retro game player, i don't mind melee graphics

Last edited:

slowbruh

Smash Cadet
i been begging for that for a couple years now. everyone is too scared of Pus**** to do it cuz of how PM got shut down. even after i volunteered to use my name. let nintendo come after me, i'll take one for the team.

which thread you talking about?

i personally just want all the extra characters, upgraded graphics would be cool too but being a retro game player, i don't mind melee graphics
2. The custom moveset thread
3. I think extra characters are hard to make because we’re not able to add custom animations yet

I also had this idea of making falcon ryu with a diffrent moveset but with the experience i have now it’s not gonna happen

Top Bottom