• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 dying off the top(Smash for WiiU/3DS)

jkmrska30

Smash Rookie
I was driving home on vacation, and decided to do some testing with my main Fox. I decided to try out and see what percents certain characters will die from his Up-smash in training mode. I was surprised to find out that King Dedede actually dies off the top at a higher percent than Donkey Kong and Bowser, who are both heavier than him. Dedede has a weight value of 119, and DK with 122, and then Bowser at 130. I was wondering if this was just general knowledge, or if we have been missing something that goes into vertical KOs.
The Characters I tested:
Take note this was on Battlefield, in training mode; so rage and DI are not present
Character/Percent they died to Up-Smash/Weight Value:

:4jigglypuff: 84% : 68
:4metaknight: 96% : 80
:4peach: 99% : 89
:4pacman: 105% : 95
:4mario: 107%: 98
:4miisword: 109%: 100
:4link: 112%: 104
:4samus: 112%: 108
:4ganondorf: 114%: 113
:4charizard: 115%: 116
:4dedede: 129%: 119
:4dk: 124%: 122
:4bowser: 123%: 130

As you can see, Bowser dies earlier than DK and DDD of the top,(Remember this forum is to discuss dying off the top) but DDD dies significantly later than the top two on the weight tier list.
Please respond, give me your thoughts, and let other people know about this thread, I want to spread this information that is different than the usual forum post.
Thanks
-jkmrska30
:4samus::4samus::4samus:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I think it has to do with stuff like fall speed, floatiness, etc. Jigglypuff seems to die far earlier off the top than anybody should if they had her weight, for example.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Higher fall speed values result in dying later off the top.

Gravity (think vertical acceleration) functions as a multiplier with vertical knockback, meaning characters with higher gravity values actually take more knockback.

:4dedede: has high fall speed and middling gravity, which gives him superb resistance to vertical knockback.
:4bowser: has low fall speed and high gravity, which results in him receiving substantially more vertical knockback than you'd expect for his weight.

jkmrska30

Smash Rookie
Higher fall speed values result in dying later off the top.

Gravity (think vertical acceleration) functions as a multiplier with vertical knockback, meaning characters with higher gravity values actually take more knockback.

:4dedede: has high fall speed and middling gravity, which gives him superb resistance to vertical knockback.
:4bowser: has low fall speed and high gravity, which results in him receiving substantially more vertical knockback than you'd expect for his weight.
Thanks for clearing this up, I was hella confused when testing this

Top Bottom